What's the hottest thing you have ever tasted/eaten

I was in a store in New Orleans this summer and they had this contest to see if people could tolerate a sauce made from ghost pepper extract. You had to stand there for a couple minutes without eating/drinking anything else after trying the sauce. They required you to sign a waiver in order to do it. Some idiot woman actually let her ~10 year old kid try it. It should have qualified as child abuse.

Anyway, my wife was nagging me to try the sauce after watching two other people do it. I wanted no part in it because I was well aware of what I would have been getting myself into. After the two idiots and the kid left the store, the guy behind the counter, who I had been joking with the whole time handed me a tortilla chip with a tiny pinhead sized drop on it. That single drop took over about half of my tongue. It was crazy how strong that stuff was. I can't even imagine the hell that anyone went through after eating a chip soaked in it.

Oh, and my wife had no idea what she was trying to get me to do. This was the last night of our honeymoon. That would have been the end of that vacation.

I love Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Absolutely love it and buy it by the gallon (literally). That said people always try to buy me these ridiculously hot things such as Dave's Insanity Sauce. They don't even taste good and I really don't understand their purpose other than as a gag hey try this.

Hottest thing I've ever tried (and yes I've had a ghost pepper) some pepper my father in law grew and then jarred. Thinking about it right now is upsetting. There was nothing I could do to get rid of the heat either. I tried milk, bread, even brushing my teeth. It sucked badly while he laughed loudly.

I worked in Cortland for several weeks each summer for a few years back in the 90s so become regulars at the Dark Horse Tavern. The cook happened to be standing at the side of the bar when we ordered wings one evening. We gave him some 'you can't make 'em hot enough for us!' lip......oops. I literally had tears just from the aroma.

I was in a store in New Orleans this summer and they had this contest to see if people could tolerate a sauce made from ghost pepper extract. You had to stand there for a couple minutes without eating/drinking anything else after trying the sauce. They required you to sign a waiver in order to do it. Some idiot woman actually let her ~10 year old kid try it. It should have qualified as child abuse.

Anyway, my wife was nagging me to try the sauce after watching two other people do it. I wanted no part in it because I was well aware of what I would have been getting myself into. After the two idiots and the kid left the store, the guy behind the counter, who I had been joking with the whole time handed me a tortilla chip with a tiny pinhead sized drop on it. That single drop took over about half of my tongue. It was crazy how strong that stuff was. I can't even imagine the hell that anyone went through after eating a chip soaked in it.

Oh, and my wife had no idea what she was trying to get me to do. This was the last night of our honeymoon. That would have been the end of that vacation.

Perhaps she knew EXACTLY what she was trying to get you to do.

im a ghost chili fan but you have to be careful - a little can go a LONG way.

i have tried Daves Insanity, Blairs Death Sauce, popped many a whole habeneros, and try every hot sauce I ever see. By far the spiciest thing I ever had were some chicken wings. I ate 2 on a bet- and they put a hurting on me. I asked the chef what made them so hot- habenero resin I was told

I dabbed the tip of a toothpick in a bottle of "Daves Insanity Hot Sauce" and wow I have never experienced heat like that before.

i used to drink shots of that stuff for bets. Had people try a toothpick dip of it and the. Had them pool their money together and I'd do a shot of that stuff and not drink anything for 30 minutes. Used to make a lot of money on that stuff.

I also used to make people mad at the pizza place where I managed. My employees didn't label their drinks and kept grabbing more and more cups because they didn't know which ones were theirs. So what I would do is fill a 2oz soufflé cup with Dave's, cut a hole in the lid, place a straw right Into the hot sauce and sink it to the bottom of their drink. I only had to so that once or twice. After that everyone labelled their drinks and I saved a ton of money of cup cost.

I have never had a hot sauce I can't take. Not a single one. I've done Buffalo Wings Blazin. And Quaker Steak and lubes version. They are nothing to me.

Although in my time managing a Buffalo Wild Wings I learned a way to really make people suffer. If I ever for a jerk for a customer and they wanted the Blazin I would scoop up all the oil from the top of the Blazin container (probably 5x hotter than the actual Blazin sauce) and shake their wings just in that. It comes from a pump so most people don't ever experience the heat of the oil. Your supposed to scoop a little but and mix it in with the rest but I used to make the sauce out of just the oils. Made a few people throw up right at their tables. Didn't feel bad about it one bit.

Buffalo Wild Wings is crap right ? The ones in Virginia are terrible.

As far as the hottest I go with the green el yucateo hot sauce popular at most Mexican restaurants. Anything hotter than that I don't need to mess with.

if your not in Buffalo it's at last a reasonable wing. The size and quality of the wing is actually really good. The sauce, yes, crap. You've got to be in the mood for it if anything. Personally I often get in the mood for the Asian Zing and Caribbean Jerk. But the Blazin is pretty hot. Especially of they make it with all Oil. Like I said, I'm site I can make most people puke with it like that.

Me... I LOVE ElYucataco. Not the green. The red. Besides the Fried Ice Cream it's the biggest thing I miss about Chi Chis.

Although in my time managing a Buffalo Wild Wings I learned a way to really make people suffer. If I ever for a jerk for a customer and they wanted the Blazin I would scoop up all the oil from the top of the Blazin container (probably 5x hotter than the actual Blazin sauce) and shake their wings just in that. It comes from a pump so most people don't ever experience the heat of the oil. Your supposed to scoop a little but and mix it in with the rest but I used to make the sauce out of just the oils. Made a few people throw up right at their tables. Didn't feel bad about it one bit.

If those jerks were "hot freaks", they probably loved it! Good for business and they would still act like a bigger jerk later down the line. That is just how it is!

Anway, one guy years ago @ work used to feed the birds. When the sea gulls would piss him off he would give them "red hot" food. The dimwit didn't know that birds don't mind hot food. I didn't have the heart to give him this:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1857/are-birds-immune-to-hot-pepper-enabling-them-to-eat-vast-amounts-and-spread-the-seeds

"...The situation is entirely different for birds. While mammals will avoid food containing as little as 100-1000 parts per million (ppm) of capsaicin, birds will readily consume up to at least 20,000 ppm (mind, we're talking food that's 2% pure capsaicin here). The difference seems to be that bird receptor cells are largely insensitive to capsaicin. Certain chemical modifications can make capsaicin somewhat aversive to birds, which shows that it is the structure of the molecule that is the key. Capsaicin sensitivity is perhaps the most well known difference between bird and mammalian receptors, although birds also seem to be insensitive to many other substances that are irritating to mammals, including ammonia and naphthalene. (A contrasting case is methyl anthranilate, grape flavoring, which is aversive to birds but not to mammals.) This difference is exploited by some commercial bird seeds, which add chili powder or capsaicin to the mixture to deter feeder-raiding squirrels..."