Brandon talks with AP about Byrd's contract

Beerball

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it interesting that the article deals with the two main areas which could help convince Bills fans that they are serious about winning.

Signing Byrd & dumping Toronto would likely be worth the money simply on a PR level IMO.

It would speak volumes to the fans if both scenarios worked out that way.

I find it interesting that the article deals with the two main areas which could help convince Bills fans that they are serious about winning.

Signing Byrd & dumping Toronto would likely be worth the money simply on a PR level IMO.

I don't think Byrd wants to stay and I believe that the Bills, Rogers Communication, & NFL will come to a compromise agreement that will allow the Bills to fulfill their contract with the following changes:

1. The Toronto game will no longer be a home game for the Bills.

2. The opponent will not be a divisional team.

3. The game will be a regular scheduled away game for both teams played at a neutral site.

Edited by fbzh2

Idaho Statesman? Man, the distance someone travels for a cheap drink.

This made me laugh.

He's probably got a cabin out there where he sits, Hemingway like, pecking out his first great novel.

GO BILLS!!!

How did the NFL work out the London and Mexico City games? Was one team a "home" game....I don't know how that worked.

Yes one team is designated the home team and loses a home game. The Pats played in London twice and were designated the road team both times. Imagine that.

Yes one team is designated the home team and loses a home game. The Pats played in London twice and were designated the road team both times. Imagine that.

I'm hearing you suggest that we play the pats in Toronto as an away game for us...

Hope the series goes deep six, from the article;

"Brandon provided an update on another front. Without going into detail, he said he's had discussions with Rogers Communications regarding the team's concerns about its annual "Bills In Toronto" series.

Brandon questioned the benefits of the series following a 34-31 overtime loss to Atlanta at Toronto on Dec. 1. He wondered about the Bills possibly giving away a home-field edge by playing indoors.

Brandon has not ruled out the possibility of the Bills pulling out of the remaining four years of the series. "

Ha my silly joke got deleted. I do wonder if it is better to not bring Byrd up for the only idea that the more you mention him the more it stirs the pot, but this is more in regards to recent pressers by coaching staff. Brandon coming out and addressing it speaks for a lot more then a PC statement.

Good work JW

Hope the series goes deep six, from the article;

"Brandon provided an update on another front. Without going into detail, he said he's had discussions with Rogers Communications regarding the team's concerns about its annual "Bills In Toronto" series.

Brandon questioned the benefits of the series following a 34-31 overtime loss to Atlanta at Toronto on Dec. 1. He wondered about the Bills possibly giving away a home-field edge by playing indoors.

Brandon has not ruled out the possibility of the Bills pulling out of the remaining four years of the series. "

Boy that would be a tough pill for him to swallow. The Bills make some good $$$ plus it keeps the Bills season ticket price lower.

Giving up both of those things only for a football advantage with no business advantage must go against every instinct in Mr. Marketings body.

The BiT series is Brandon's baby and I suspect won't be going away given his involvement in setting it up. Perhaps he's serious about undoing the Toronto games, but I seriously doubt it. Buffalo needs added revenue and simply walking away, even if mutually, seems out of the question. And considering that Brandon's background is on the business side of the house, I find it hard to believe they won't work on re-vamping it.

As far as Jairus Byrd, well, it's time for the team to put their money where their mouth is. Not retaining key free agents when there are no other players imminently up for contract extensions is inexcusable and not what a team committed to winning does. Where else are they going to spend the money?