DC candidates

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time the Bills were in the SB,,, Marv was on the side lines....We brought him back into the organization and that back fired. I like the idea of Wade as a DC, but to think "All I know is last time the Bills made the playoffs Wade was on the sideline" may not be a good way for hiring staff!

also Wade had one of the best defenses in the league the last time we went to the playoffs.

I think Wade has plenty of talent to work with again if this happens. Would not be surprised if it did happen or at least being discussed about at OBD.

Worse track record than Crossman? Henderson's defenses in NY in 2004 and 2005 ranked 7th and 12th in the NFL.

Granted, his one year in Detroit was an unmitigated disaster--mostly due to a relative dearth of defensive talent thanks to Matt Millen's drafting prowess.

I submit that his stint in NY was a disaster as well. If you can't stop the run, and his teams were at the very bottom of the league, who cares what the pass defense does. Other teams never had to pass. Hiring guys like Donnie Henderson as a Coordinator gets HCs fired. I won't be shocked if he's hired. I will be just more of the same depressed.

Nice little bit of info.

My money is now on Schwartz. He meets this criteria, plus Marrone wants an aggressive defense--which is Schwartz's MO.

I said this in another thread, but Schwartz and Marrone were on the same staff in Tennessee too, so there could be a connection there.

Good point about the Tenn connection. I hope you are correct. Schwartz would be a great DC.

I wish him well too - unfortunately, his presser has been blasted here and the fans and media were un-impressed. Personally, I don't care at all how a coach talks or does pressers.

his presser is getting blasted in Pgh, but moresoe they are blasting the Browns FO for the shoddy way in which they ran the coach search, and the comments about "finding Curley."

Check it out:

Sean Kelley ‏@SeanKelleyLive 23m

“Sources” tell me that a former Lions coach was interviewing for another NFL job at our hotel in Birmingham, MI today. #NFL #Bills

Schwartz emerging for the DC job? Kelley is in Detroit for the game tonight with New Orleans.

https://twitter.com/SeanKelleyLive/status/426776915366518784

Probably going to be Schwartz. Thoughts?

Check it out:

“Sources” tell me that a former Lions coach was interviewing for another NFL job at our hotel in Birmingham, MI today. #NFL #Bills

Schwartz emerging for the DC job? Kelley is in Detroit for the game tonight with New Orleans.

https://twitter.com/...776915366518784

Interesting...

Check it out:

https://twitter.com/SeanKelleyLive/status/426776915366518784

Moving back to a 4-3 would make sense for the continuity factor that many people say leads to success. /sarcasm

The respected poster is Damond. He says it'll be a "name" that people recognize. http://nfldraftdiamo...ng-24-48-hours/

"We are also hearing that three coaches could be leaving Buffalo’s defensive side of the ball, if granted permission to interview. Bills Quality Control coach Brian Fleury, Linebackers Coach Jim O’Neil and Defensive Line coach Anthony Weaver who were previously with Pettine in New York under Rex Ryan. It is also said that the Browns will hire former Bills LB coach Chuck Driesbach."

Well, good ol' Chuck was not unemployed very long, eh? What a stroke of luck for him.

As far as Anthony Weaver, players love him and he was a HUGE part of our defensive line's resurrection...I would hate to lose him the most.

For what it's worth I know Sean Kelly well (I used to work with him) and he doesn't have a ton of sources in the NFL. He may have seen something like he said but its speculation.

Also, he still works for the Saints/Pelicans so his sources would most likely be from there.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

"We are also hearing that three coaches could be leaving Buffalo’s defensive side of the ball, if granted permission to interview. Bills Quality Control coach Brian Fleury, Linebackers Coach Jim O’Neil and Defensive Line coach Anthony Weaver who were previously with Pettine in New York under Rex Ryan. It is also said that the Browns will hire former Bills LB coach Chuck Driesbach."

Well, good ol' Chuck was not unemployed very long, eh? What a stroke of luck for him.

As far as Anthony Weaver, players love him and he was a HUGE part of our defensive line's resurrection...I would hate to lose him the most.

Worst case scenario right there. We are reaping the problems caused by CLE's muckup of a coaching search. Now that their coach is in place, he can at least fill out the defensive staff by taking everyone from Buffalo with him. Leaving us to sort through the scraps.

Check it out:

https://twitter.com/...776915366518784

It's all adding up, he's outside Detroit soooooo Raiph is interviewing him!

For what it's worth I know Sean Kelly well (I used to work with him) and he doesn't have a ton of sources in the NFL. He may have seen something like he said but its speculation.

Also, he still works for the Saints/Pelicans so his sources would most likely be from there.

The "sources" in quotes made me think it was more like overhearing some discussion at the urinal.