DC candidates

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difference being of course is that Wade has been is one of the best DCs in the game over the last 20 years and would `be hired for that position, while Marv was brought in for a spot he's never done before, while being totally out of touch with the league for the previous decade.

I believe he was the GM in the CFL.

It is surprising we have not heard a named leaked as to who the outside name is. Especially; after the onslaught of tweets about who the Browns were looking at and interview for HC.

Some thought it could be any of Keith Butler, Mike Singeltary, Jim Tomsula, or Wade.

I believe he was the GM in the CFL.

I don't think so. Even if he was, that would have been some 30 years removed from that last stint. In any event, Levy was brought in to re-establish communication lines at OBD. No one expected him to be a hands on GM, and that failed miserably. That's not who the Bills are looking for in their DC search.

You can never depend on the Browns.

“I need to go take the Browns to the Super Bowl” is what I often say when a #2 is imminent. It is also exactly what Mike Pettine said to his wife yesterday.

Time will tell, but to me, the guy has shown he can get the most out of the talent he has to work with, so I think he will prove to be a good HC as well.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp

Never heard Pettine address the media before yesterday, and based on what I heard and read - I have to say I was impressed. I think he will end up being exactly what the Browns need, even if it wasn't what they wanted. I'm not a Browns fan obviously, but I wish Pettine well - except when they play B-LO and hope he can turn that team and franchise around.

Never heard Pettine address the media before yesterday, and based on what I heard and read - I have to say I was impressed. I think he will end up being exactly what the Browns need, even if it wasn't what they wanted. I'm not a Browns fan obviously, but I wish Pettine well - except when they play B-LO and hope he can turn that team and franchise around.

I wish him well too - unfortunately, his presser has been blasted here and the fans and media were un-impressed. Personally, I don't care at all how a coach talks or does pressers.

I wish him well too - unfortunately, his presser has been blasted here and the fans and media were un-impressed. Personally, I don't care at all how a coach talks or does pressers.

Well he did say "Same ole Browns" and he did make fun of the colors saying his daughters dont want to wear Brown and Orange. lol. I cringed when I heard that. He did not exactly try to kiss up.

Also, too many references to High School.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I'm legitimately shocked that fans think/hope it might be Wade.

Id be nearly as shocked if the hire came from outside the organization.

1) What would you expect?

2) Agreed.

Edited by stony

If so they should have announced it immediately. Big mistake letting fans think they are getting something better. Plus its well known they want someone better and are trying for someone better.

This is our Bills we are talking about lol They always get our hopes up!

Remember how long it took to interview HC candidates before they finally announced it was Gailey?

CBF

Yeah, and I'm not sure I understand that. Now, I read the article and didn't really see much of it on t.v., but in the quotes and in the way he categorized improvements and type of team and culture he wants to create, it sounded very good to me. But, what do I know...