Hard Knocks in Buffalo?

johnwalter

Hard Knocks 2014  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Hard Knocks in Buffalo in 2014?

• Yes, I would like the Bills to be Hard Knock's 2014 team.
    • No, I would like Hard Knocks to say out of the Buffalo locker room.

changed my vote. as I stated in the other thread, we can reach millions of people with Hard Knocks and it will do a lot more for our small market team than the stupid Toronto series ever could. vote YES for Hard Knocks and NO for Toronto series

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

changed my vote. as I stated in the other thread, we can reach millions of people with Hard Knocks and it will do a lot more for our small market team than the stupid Toronto series ever could. vote YES for Hard Knocks and NO for Toronto series

Unfortunately, that isn't an option.

• 1 month later...

Enough people have been chattering about this on the boards and I can see the positives and negatives. 1 negative being the pressure of being in this national spotlight.This could add even more pressure on EJ and he could bombed in humiliating fashion. However, he thrived under the pressure of the senior bowl and some big games this year.

I feel it could be a big positive as well. With the Fins exposing an ugly locker room and eventually imploding they have unknowingly put us in the position to show everyone what a great locker room we have. These guys may not be winners yet but for the most part our Bills are class acts and on the rise.

Ultimately our story is just too hard to ignore... 14 years out of the playoffs, sophomore Qb who showed potential and is in a make or break position. New established coaching staff some with more success than others, Pepper J, The Schwartz-MAN and Marrone out to improve or move. And this could be what our team needs to break the losing streak. With this big of a chip on our shoulders seen by so many we've got to rise to the occasion. Plus this could generate alot of buzz for Buffalo which means more$$$$.

I'm in, who's with me?

• 1 month later...

I was just thinking that with the passing of Mr. Wilson the league and maybe now the team may find it to be apropos to use the hard knocks forum to celebrate his life. I could imagine some very emotional story lines that could develop from the commentary portion of the show. I think the potential touching way this could be done could diminish the distraction portion of what hard knocks can bring and make the team rally around the message of playing for Ralph.

I was just thinking that with the passing of Mr. Wilson the league and maybe now the team may find it to be apropos to use the hard knocks forum to celebrate his life. I could imagine some very emotional story lines that could develop from the commentary portion of the show. I think the potential touching way this could be done could diminish the distraction portion of what hard knocks can bring and make the team rally around the message of playing for Ralph.

I can see this. Not only the Ralph Wilson angle, but the Jim Kelly storyline would come into play. It might be the best advertisement for why the team should stay in Buffalo (small market, tight knit group of men, Graham and Williams home to Buffalo, Thurman and Andre come in for pep talks, aggressive free agency, many spots open for competition, etc). I'd watch it. Plus, we've had losing seasons when not on Hard Knocks...maybe this is our golden ticket. Edited by BringBackFergy

I can see this. Not only the Ralph Wilson angle, but the Jim Kelly storyline would come into play. It might be the best advertisement for why the team should stay in Buffalo (small market, tight knit group of men, Graham and Williams home to Buffalo, Thurman and Andre come in for pep talks, aggressive free agency, many spots open for competition, etc). I'd watch it. Plus, we've had losing seasons when not on Hard Knocks...maybe this is our golden ticket.

I've never really spent a lot of time on Hard Knocks, but you make some good points where it is really hard for the NFL to approve an owner wanting to move the team. I'd watch. It doesn't seem like the Dolphins, and Bengals had this show as a distraction. I used to think it would mess up camp, but it has not, so why not.

hmmm.. I've chosen not to watch the series but as a transplanted WNYer, I'd gooble up everything Bills. And, yes, BringBackFergy, I like the angles you suggest and would include.. wait for it... Bringing back Fergy!

fergy was as tough as nails. IT would be great bringing him back.who would they cut though?

Every team that has been on there has stated they were shocked at how knowledgeable, easy to work with, and professional the Crew was. Fans whine and B word to get more positive exposure, so lets do this! It is seen by many fans, let them in and see how good our guys are, how good the franchise is, how good the stadium and training facilities are, get NFL fans across the spectrum on a bandwagon of sorts for this year. This would be a really good opportunity to shun some pre conceived notions about our Bills on a national level.

The show Hard Knocks is about the current team and day-to-day activities of camp and practice...I don't see how they would incorporate what you guys are saying.

You don't recall this boards interest in seeing teams like Tennessee, Oakland, Detroit or KC on it after their owners passed? Me either.

While those are things that could be mentioned, I don't think they make for the type of story joe nfl fan is really looking for.

Edited by NoSaint

That's not what that show is about, and wouldn't really show any daily activities Ralph ever took part in, or reminisce about during training camp and preseason, since he wasn't really involved. Plus, I loathe that stupid show to no end, and would wretch at the thought of the Bills being featured.