Hard Knocks in Buffalo?

johnwalter

Hard Knocks 2014  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Hard Knocks in Buffalo in 2014?

• Yes, I would like the Bills to be Hard Knock's 2014 team.
    • No, I would like Hard Knocks to say out of the Buffalo locker room.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A) We don't need the distraction.

B) We don't need to highlight how mediocre/bad we are. It's already embarrassing enough being a Bills fan outside of Buffalo.

Yup, yet we spend all year posting on message boards defending our team and lambasting others outside of the region who "don't even know who's on our roster."

I think it would open up some eyes to the talent on our team to these uninformed people. I'd rather be the lovable loser than the pathetic loser many paint us to be.

Chris :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: White!!! Whatever happened with that?

Yes and yes!!! WNY isn't the wasteland it is made out to be and August would be a great time to showcase that. I can't believe RUss hasn't jumped on this. Get the national public on the little guys side! Most people probably don't/wouldn't care if the Bills moved but if you can get a little national exposure it can't do anything but help them to stay here!

Would this be in Rochester. I don't get HBO so I don't care.

I think we would all enjoy it...I don't see anybody saying otherwise. I think there is just that deep seated fear, with the Bills (and we are Bills fans first and foremost) that if something has a possible downside, the Bills would find it.

I also think you are kind of overstating things a bit...I love the show, don't get me wrong, and never miss it...but I think it is just as much a slice of life (one most of us will never experience) as it is some great education in "real football". There is that gossip/reality show aspect to it that I think, understandably, turn some off. The show has the potential to supply fans of the team (a pretty negative bunch a fair amount of time if you hadn't noticed) with plenty of fuel for their derision of the team, or certain players, if things don't go well that season. I remember hearing Herm Edwards speaking about it, and he was convinced, positively, that the constant putrescence of cameras interfered with the Chiefs training camp that year. Guys were very aware of the film crews, and were as concerned about getting some face time as they were learning assignments.

Say, the Bills were on the show in 2014... if EJ Manuel doesn't come out of the gates looking like a franchise QB, you know there will be an element riding him for something he said/did on Hard Knocks....as if one thing necessarily had anything to do with the other...Stevie Johnson? The sky is the limit. From your post, it sounds almost like you love the pop-culture aspect of football as much as the game itself.

All that said, this is the way we experience everything now...too much, no secrets (only lies!), a sort of deconstruction of everything we enjoy....that is not necessarily a good thing.

Excellent reply Buftex, the bolded parts I especially agree with.

In theory, I want no part of the Bills on Hard Knocks...however, with the NFL mandating that every team will have to do it eventually, why not? I am going to watch it, no matter the team...the Bills taking their turn would only make it all the more interesting.

It would be the most national exposure the Bills have received in 14 years. It also might motivate the players to step up their game if they know the cameras are watching. If anyone is familiar with the Hawthorne Effect they know that the process of being observed improves performance. The Bills could use improved performance.

We havent made the playoffs in so long that what could it possibly do to hurt us?

+1

We complain about a lack of national coverage, than complain about potentially having a HBO documentary?

Ive been waiting to see how our players interact on the practice field. It would be exciting to see them in this light.

I think is a great TV show but it must suck for the fringe players, I bet they could live without the added drama.

BTW, I voted yes, I would like to see this Bills team on Hard Knocks.

I know that some teams have said no in the past because they refuse to cut players on camera. It sounds like now teams will not have a choice in the matter now that they will mandate.