Bills to meet with Rogers Communications

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would y'all feel if the NFL stepped in and made a proposition of their own.

Keep the Toronto game, but rotate the home team. Make it the Bills one year their opponent the next. The Bills get their payday and the NFL gets to keep their second international game.

Keep the Toronto game, but rotate the home team. Make it the Bills one year their opponent the next. The Bills get their payday and the NFL gets to keep their second international game.

It would be more palatable than the current arrangement, but I'm not sure that the NFL is that invested in maintaining the Bills game in Toronto as a tradition.

I could see them being interested in that second international game, but until the Bills are a better team that is never going to be a ratings draw.

Im not sure if the NFL wants that game. All parties had egg on their face after this season's game. The Bills lost a close one in a season they really did have a look at the playoffs and also had more people rooting for the visiting team from 1000 miles away despite this "regionalization effort", Toronto again showed that they have trouble filling the place for the day they covet the Bills. This time it had some coverage nationally (internationally), so I wouldnt be surprised if all 3 parties are looking to alter or abolish the agreement.

Do you really need to be convinced that a game played at the Rogers Center puts the Bills at a huge disadvantage compared to a game at the Ralph?

Who the hell knows what would've happened had those games been played at the Ralph.

Putting an end to this farce of a series should be an easy decision for all parties involved.

I just don't think it's a big deal. In all of the losses we've had there I just don't see it as playing that much of a role if any. We did win 1 there. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but many of mine are, so I'm good.

SJ dropping the football on the 30 cost us this one. Seattle being Seattle and the Bills being the Bills caused last years debacle. A few years ago vs Jets Beast Mode chewed up the Jets defense for 6 carries for 60+ yards on 1 drive resulting in a TD and only got 1 carry the rest of the way. Idiotic coaching cost us that one.

I'm not against ending it, just don't think it's a big deal.

I hope to God this abomination ends. Toronto does not deserve to have a Bills game. They have proven that, so please let's end this catastrophe.

Yea i agree all the the toronto people and press all they do is bash us in the few days leading up to the game!

Do you really need to be convinced that a game played at the Rogers Center puts the Bills at a huge disadvantage compared to a game at the Ralph?

Who the hell knows what would've happened had those games been played at the Ralph.

Putting an end to this farce of a series should be an easy decision for all parties involved.

Amen.......Amen......Amen.

I am so tired of that "we would have won if we didn't fumble" B.S.

Yeah, we would have won if we had shut them out too..............but that ALSO didn't happen.

Its a home game given away, no matter how you spin it.

only BLOWING SMOKE.....

the only...and i mean only possible change will be toronto giving back pre season games.

otherwise, they will be discussing any and all possible ways to improve PR.

this new 5 year deal was approved less than a year ago. absolutely nothing has changed to make either side want out...... except bad PR.

Like Beerball mentioned, it is a good idea. I do not know if it is the best idea because other teams will be cheated out of a home game, too. Perhaps more of a round robin? Every year a team like Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Bufalo or Chicago goes North of the border. Green Bay sells out their home games but Minnesota, Detroit and Chicago do not - and sending them anywhere and not just Toronto would be neat.

Then again, maybe the NFL doesn't want to tread in to the CFL turf.

Interesting that you bring that up, here's an article I saw a few days ago while looking something else up, that discusses the NFL/CFL working together....

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/bob-young-suggests-cfl-partner-nfl-organized-mutually-201108201.html

That's actually not a bad idea, BB. Half the money for the Bills, but the NFL would probably like the idea.

Like Beerball mentioned, it is a good idea. I do not know if it is the best idea because other teams will be cheated out of a home game, too. Perhaps more of a round robin? Every year a team like Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Bufalo or Chicago goes North of the border. Green Bay sells out their home games but Minnesota, Detroit and Chicago do not - and sending them anywhere and not just Toronto would be neat.

Detroit is actually not a lot farther. A lot of Jays and Tigers fans make that trip between the two cities.

Hell, have them play each other there every year. Call it the "Ralph Bowl."

The NFL would soon realize that the game would be much better and more profitable without the bills being one of the two teams there.