WR Coach Ike Hilliard Released from the Bills' Coaching Staff

26CornerBlitz

Wait...Ike Hiilard is the WR coach? Oh Ike, we hardly knew ye..

So some are speculating that the WR coach gets canned for promoting the 7th string WR (Hogan)...or something?

Woods looked good, so did Goodwin. Stevie can't be coached. TJ wasn't a good receiver prior to the draft, what is Hilliard supposed to make him into? Easley is a bust's bust at WR--why should Ike pay for that bad pick?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys see what marrone said about this?

Difference in coaching philosophies.

I wonder if that means ike was too hands off.

you may be onto something.. but even if that's the case, how does the HC allow his OC's staff to kickoff unprepared each week?

if you see the wheels wobbling, you better find out what's wrong - didn't this staff watch film?

even in the limited amount of all-22 video the radio station kid was posting, the mistakes were visible. if a dumb-ass like me can see them, how the hell doesn't Marrone and Hackett? am i to believe that when Hilliard was confronted with his unit's sloppy play, he told his OC/HC to fugg off, and remained a coach? sorry, that don't fly.

Whaley better get a handle on this stuff, and admin better back him up.

Bills are gonna hire Andre Reed and Mark Pike

Has anyone ever heard Steve Tasker say he wanted to coach? He would be my pick for ST if I had one, I don't

Bottom line is if the Bills draft a WR like Evans in the draft the next coach is a genius if he busts on the scene

Edited by NorCalBillsSabres

Ralph 14:25 --

"Throw ye lowly serfs a sacrificial lamb and watch them rejoice."

Next up: The Gatorade boy. Dude could never get drinks quick enough. Get r done, Buddy Whaley.

Is he the one who taught TJ to jump on waist high passes?

Utterly bizarre play -- perfect pass and wide open -- and a fitting microcosm of this team.

That's interesting ! Most of the WR spoke highly of him as a coach early on , especially having played in the league. Wonder if he got another offer or does Marrone has someone else in mind.

Buffalo Bills website sez "philosophical difference" with Marrone

Nothing about another offer and nothing about someone else in mind

Usually don't fire a guy who is expected to get another offer in this business.

I have no problem with anyone getting released playing stone-hands Graham over Easley. He was a force on special teams but was never given any playing time on the offense which showed some sort of favoritism for more speed over overall ability.

I'm inclined to say that Marrone should be "released from the coaching staff" for not firing Crossman first.

Rome wasn't built, or in this case sacked, in a day.

Edited by The Wiz

This move does not instill confidence in Marrone. A staff of WRs who are rookies, projects, never_beens & a malingerer at #1,plus TWO rookie QBs & one from the practice squad, all of questionable ability and somehow the entire failure of the Bills is Hilliard's fault? Meantime Crossman is still drawing a paycheck? This will not fly with fans & will undermine Marrone with them as well. Shucking & jiving.

I am going to be watching who picks up Ike hilliard , if anyone. And certainly who his replacement is. It would be a fools game if Marrone and Whaley have not identified a successor and given the secret handshake . That is an important factor here .

Apply that same thinking process to Crossdmen.

Do you people really think Hilliard was a sacrificial lamb ? seems a bit of a stretch to me.

This move does not instill confidence in Marrone. A staff of WRs who are rookies, projects, never_beens & a malingerer at #1,plus TWO rookie QBs & one from the practice squad, all of questionable ability and somehow the entire failure of the Bills is Hilliard's fault? Meantime Crossman is still drawing a paycheck? This will not fly with fans & will undermine Marrone with them as well. Shucking & jiving.

Marrone doesnt work for us. you know this . right?

: )

I think some folks are getting ahead of themselves

Edited by 3rdand12