What's the plan for next year?

Virgil

Have we seen enough of EJ to say that the future is with him or we need to bring in some legit competition (Maybe even 1st round competition)

What's the point of all these sacks and interceptions if you can't stop the run? We may sack the quarterback on first and second down, but give up a 50 yard bomb on third. So what do we fix? We have a monster D-Line and possible the DROY at LB, so what's the fix?

Do we re-sign Carpenter or keep the kid we drafted (To me, it's a no-brainer, but with the Bills....)

What's the deal at WR? We can't exactly just cut Stevie. We just spend a 2nd rounder on Woods. What then, draft a WR and bump those guys down a notch?

Yes, we need a TE, but is that the difference maker on offense?

We had the 3rd best offensive rushing attack, so you can't say our O-Line is that bad. And even if you upgrade a few spots, was that really what was holding us back?

I just don't know what I'm supposed to be hoping for this offseason to get excited for next year....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At first glance, you have to improve LG and LB (the position Moats and Bradham play). After that, it will be interesting to see what happens with Byrd, Leonhard and Searcy are fine players but not starters.

Regarding QB, I can see Cutler and Schaub, maybe, being available. I would not be opposed to bring one in. Pears is upgradable but Hairston will be back next season.

Marrone needs to have a serious chat with his friend Crossman, make him the HC consultant and bring a real ST coach.

We need a stud athletic tight end that won't drop the ball like chandler, depth in the secondary and some depth on the oline.

My prediction is that week 17 of 2014, the bills are playing for the division or wildcard

Hate to say it. This team is the opposite of clutch. It's a team full of losers. Has been for a long time. I was hoping the surge of young guys mixed with the vets would make a difference but the vets we have are losers and non clutch. Freddy dropping easy catches. Spiller running east/west and out of bounds. Stevie dropping everything near him. Graham jumping when the ball is right at him. The line sucking. The sacks is nice but this line sucks at stopping the run. Absolutely sucks. That's on Williams and Dareus just as much as the LBs.

The plan for next year is the same as every year. Do some cosmetic things and build up the hype. Declare ourselves unbeatable during intra-squad scrimmages. Look average in the preseason and then fall flat as soon as the gun sounds and be out of a playoff run by mid season. Why should it change?

Based on talent alone, the Bills need one thing to become a playoff team. Consistent play at the quarterback position. That may be fixed by EJ gaining experience. It may not.

Unfortunately, I think the root problem with this team is much harder to fix.

The Bills are mentally FRAGILE. I have never in my life witnessed a franchise that could be so consistent at blowing games with mental mistakes. Dropped passes. Fumbles. Interceptions. Penalties. Missed Tackles. Blown Assignments. Special Teams Breakdowns. If Tony Romo were a team instead of a player, he would be the Buffalo Bills. Unfocused. Undisciplined. Always expecting to make a mistake to lose the game... then finding a way to succeed at that very thing.

They are the complete opposite of a team like the Patriots, which can get amazing performances out of bums like LeGarrette Blount and Julian Edelman. A team that can be down 3 touchdowns at almost any point, and never flinch. Always expecting to win.

Upgrade at TE. Chandler to TE2/red zone threat. If the draft then Ebron or Seferian-Jenkins. If a free agent, Greg Olsen.

Upgrade the Bradham/Moats LB spot with another stud. Khalil Mack or CJ Mosley for example.

Upgrade at LG and RT. Plug the holes.

OL and DL depth. You saw the first half tonight without Dareus on the field. Run after run after run right up the gut. The backups are not good.

Upgrade at TE. Chandler to TE2/red zone threat. If the draft then Ebron or Seferian-Jenkins. If a free agent, Greg Olsen.

Upgrade the Bradham/Moats LB spot with another stud. Khalil Mack or CJ Mosley for example.

Upgrade at LG and RT. Plug the holes.

OL and DL depth. You saw the first half tonight without Dareus on the field. Run after run after run right up the gut. The backups are not good.

The run defense wash't really any better in the 2nd half with "The Late One" in there.