AFew Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

1) Ya know, I am not one to go to the old, "the Bills are cursed" cliché too often, but when old Ryan Lindell kicked a 53 yarder, and then kicked the ensuing kickoff almost into the stands, I had a feeling like I was in some old, weird Twilight Zone episode. We were lucky if he could kick it to the 10 when he was a Bill, or so it seems.

2) Gilmore had his best outing today. This is a good thing because it looks as if Robey has fallen apart at the seams. The PI play was simply awful.

3) Wood had a crummy game with his lack of pass protection, poor run blocking, and ill timed stupid penalties. You would think he was our worst blocker out there today given this, but he was not, and this is quite sad.

4) I was never one for "forming a consensus" on this board. I like the differences of opinion. So, I will listen to reason, but I am thinking that we absolutely MUST draft another quarterback in 2014. The only question I can see is in which round.

5) Leodis was the McKelvin of old today.

6) EJ is VERY slow to read the field and make decisions. He waits too long to throw and then forces the football. He even waits too long to take off and run. And btw, was his throwing motion different today? He had this weird 3/4 arm delivery and was getting nothing on the ball. I am NOT an expert, but there appeared to be something strange in his delivery.

Oh, and he was flat out terrible, but you already knew that.

7) I walked into Charlie's Bar,

They blacked my eye and they kicked my dog.

You know my dog turned to me, and he said,

You better head back to Tennessee, Jed.

8) Great to see Brooks was OK. It was looking scary for a while.

9) Most of you have a higher opinion of Marrone than I do. I always suspected that he was a Brandon crony, and I have little respect for Brandon as a football man. Well, Marrone went down a few more notches today from where I sit. This was not a good team that disgraced us. He did not have his team ready to play. They looked distant, like they weren't concentrating. It was disgusting and the head coach needs to take a big chunk of the blame.

10) Byrd looked good today. If they don't keep him we will probably have another Legursky situation on our hands. And you saw today just how awful it can look at LG, no?

11) Just an overall comedy of errors. And screw the bad calls too. We were not going to win this game against that sub-par team. Not enough concentration, flat out disgusting QB play, and poor coaching/preparation.

12) Stevie Johnson should at the very least be demoted to backup. He is a proven loser and I would rather see the young guys get more plays and experience. He makes too much money to trade next season. No team would pay that salary. He will more than likely be cut, so there is not a thing to lose by benching him.

13) Are we approaching a top 5 pick yet?

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on Manuel. Will I have to come back in next weeks 'Thoughts-thread' and apologize? Also agree with Byrd and Stevie.

Holding out hope for Marrone, though I put it on him that we'll likely set a new franchise record for penalties. -and THATs saying something!

I don't understand the "Marrone as crony" charge. Many of Brandon's critics dismiss him as just a marketing guy, but if this is the case, how is hiring a crony who loses good marketing?

I agree about Stevie, he doesn't have the fortitude you need to build your team around and at his salary, will most likely be cut.

6) EJ is VERY slow to read the field and make decisions. He waits too long to throw and then forces the football. He even waits too long to take off and run. And btw, was his throwing motion different today? He had this weird 3/4 arm delivery and was getting nothing on the ball. I am NOT an expert, but there appeared to be something strange in his delivery.

Oh, and he was flat out terrible, but you already knew that.

After the draft, Todd McShay took a lot of grief for saying that EJ had "slow eyes" on the football field (myself included). I'm now starting to see what he means...

I strongly agree with #6, couldnt put it better myself. I noticed him a couple of times today only lookin at one reciever and running, or throwing it away, seemed like he only made one read. Also noticed that he threw the ball like a shotput a couple of times. I mean, hes a rookie, needs time to mature and learn the pro game and all, this organization just dosent instill much confidence though

Cant disagree with anything you said Bill. Definetly think QB in the first 3 rounds and probably not the first, has to be in the plan. Rookie QBs are not getting freak money anymore and EJ probably doesnt make anymore than Fitz does as a backup in Tenn.

After the draft, Todd McShay took a lot of grief for saying that EJ had "slow eyes" on the football field (myself included). I'm now starting to see what he means...

Wow ... That McShay analysis looked spot on today....

I think this team is closer than the results today indicated. It all hinges on EJ or NYC Bill's point that another QB should be looked at.

Wow ... That McShay analysis looked spot on today....

I think this team is closer than the results today indicated. It all hinges on EJ or NYC Bill's point that another QB should be looked at.

Not disagreeing, but 2 yards per carry isn't exactly "lighting it up". There is room to smear the blame around plenty. You could even scratch your head about the whole OL and continuity is way overrated approach to the season... :bag:

I will agree that EJ is not the answer. He was questionable out of FSU and is showing he lacks the vision and response time a great QB needs. If one of the top QB is available when we draft in the first WE MUST take him. Glennon is a statue and we didnt pressure him or get enough rush on their bang up line. We played too much zone on McElvin side and he has shown he does better in press

Offensive play calling today was pitiful as well, maronne and company are clearly in over their heads, and if i see it, you know, the other coaches in the league are too. Feels like the bills are a bleeding seal in the water and the sharks are circleing

Edited by mastershake

There were some ugly plays out there today. Not one of them went our way. Kiko should've made that tackle, but where were the db's?

EJ does not do well under pressure. He had a rancid game.....but he was under pressure the entire game.

The penalty on Byrd was absyrd. Glennon was backing up when Byrd started his tackle, and that's why it was low. It was not aimed at the knees. He's not dirty. That penalty led to a touchdown.

When CJ scored, it was funny how gleeful that ref was as he heaved the flag. You knew there would be a flag. Spiller was way past where that alleged infraction took place.

The sideline pass interference on McKelvin was one of the worst I've seen. Gave them new life. That ref should be suspended for that call.

Every week the refs suck, but the team did not deserve to be in this game.