AFew Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will agree that EJ is not the answer. He was questionable out of FSU and is showing he lacks the vision and response time a great QB needs. If one of the top QB is available when we draft in the first WE MUST take him. Glennon is a statue and we didnt pressure him or get enough rush on their bang up line. We played too much zone on McElvin side and he has shown he does better in press

And yet GLennon went 9 of 25 for 90 yards and had negative yards in the second half until their last drive of the game when they managed to get 7 yards for the half...

1) Ya know, I am not one to go to the old, "the Bills are cursed" cliché too often, but when old Ryan Lindell kicked a 53 yarder, and then kicked the ensuing kickoff almost into the stands, I had a feeling like I was in some old, weird Twilight Zone episode. We were lucky if he could kick it to the 10 when he was a Bill, or so it seems.

I and that same thought :wallbash: . . . a 53 yard'er . . .

Edited by CSBill

And yet GLennon went 9 of 25 for 90 yards and had negative yards in the second half until their last drive of the game when they managed to get 7 yards for the half...

All the signs of a poorly coached and under motivated little loop football team. SJ's "lacksidasical" play is iconic for this 4 - 9 team and he should be cut. Sign Byrd - give him SJ's money.

EJ's problem is exactly the opposite of what is being described. He scans the field too quickly and is not being patient enough to let routes develop before checking down.

I see open players when he throws into difficult situations. Especially today.

He did use his backfield to some success finally.

I also thought he was throwing into the play called regardless.

color me unpleased today with Manuel.

go bills

Edited by 3rdand12

Hate to admit it, but EJ is not gonna be the answer. His accuracy problems have been there all season, and some of those throws today from an NFL QB....just Wow. If you don't have accuracy, I don't think that'll develop. Doesn't get much more basic than throwing the ball where you aim it.

If you think the Bills are bad, you should have watched the Redskins game. KC could have scored 70 points it they'd wanted to. By the way, the John Elway creation, Mike Shanahan, is a joke of a coach. Our guy deserves a break as he's just a rookie.

He's a 50 year old man who has been coaching for half of his life.

His best chance to turn this team around was his first.

Once they start mailing in the efforts you are in trouble. Marrone knows it. Listen to his PC.

He's exerting a lot of energy to make the players realize that they don't HAVE to perpetuate the culture of losing but they obviously aren't buying it.

Now that he has the stink of losing on him it will be that much harder next season when the going gets tough again.

Give EJ a break. He is playing behind a line that is pitiful. Next draft will have to address this issue. A QB has to trust his line and get time to throw. Stevie is a 3rd WR, not a 1. Get a big WR, does not have to be a speedster but get open and catch it. Another inside LB would help. I was ripped on TBD when I was critical of some of the coaches hired to fill out the staff. I think this team is under coached and not prepared to play. Primarily the lines. Each game is a new adventured into the realm of "WTF are they doing?" I look forward to another off season of "fire him/cut him" and draft talk.

If you think the Bills are bad, you should have watched the Redskins game. KC could have scored 70 points it they'd wanted to. By the way, the John Elway creation, Mike Shanahan, is a joke of a coach. Our guy deserves a break as he's just a rookie.

You are right but they are coming off of a playoff year.

The Bills are looking undisciplined and soft. All of the NFL has been bullying the Falcons, Bucs, and Jags. It nice to know they have the Bills to punch around. I'm sure we will be even more creative in losing to the Jags next week.

Give EJ a break. He is playing behind a line that is pitiful. Next draft will have to address this issue. A QB has to trust his line and get time to throw. Stevie is a 3rd WR, not a 1. Get a big WR, does not have to be a speedster but get open and catch it. Another inside LB would help. I was ripped on TBD when I was critical of some of the coaches hired to fill out the staff. I think this team is under coached and not prepared to play. Primarily the lines. Each game is a new adventured into the realm of "WTF are they doing?" I look forward to another off season of "fire him/cut him" and draft talk.

It would be a lot easier just to fix the QB.

He has been well protected much of the year.....of course 7 of their first 12 games were at home.......and he managed to be perhaps the league's least accurate QB and one of it's lowest ypa passers. He's been bad, whether apologists want to admit it or not.

He may get better but the first thing I'd do is make sure all my eggs aren't in the basket of a guy who is not only generally inaccurate but can't even consistently push the ball downfield to boost his ypa. I know he's a rookie but a guy like that needs serious competition for the job.

Not sure Marrone will recognize talented wr's. I'm thinking Woods, Goodwin, Johnson, Easley and Rogers would have fit the bill for this season. The O line was the worst I have seen in years guards and tight ends are in order. Each season is a new adventure in realm of WTF. We are always hopeful that we are going in the right direction because we are good fans. The reality is that we are being serve a different flavor of BS than the year before that's hard to recognize at the beginning of the seasons so we have hope initially but when it's all said and done we end up right back on WTF Boulevard waiting for the draft.

It's like ground hog day but worse.

Edited by VADC Bills

I think you're jumping the gun a bit on Manuel still. He's a rookie that missed a good chunk of the year due to injury.

The O line played horrible today in both the pass and the run.

This was a self destruct game.

All this being said, I'm tired of the excuses. Tired of the "we need to bounce back" "play better" type comments.

I actually found myself cheering Brady on today. I have Brady in my fantasy league and I yelled more for Brady in his last two drives today than I did for the entire Bills game.