Does anybody care about the rest of the season.

The bills will win one or two meaningless games and finish 6-10. Whatever. :bag:

I care. Despite what I may or may not want, I don't think that the Bills will draft a qb with their first round pick under any conditions. This of course is jmo, but it is a strong one based on following this team for decades. In fact, if the Bills lose out a trade down wouldn't surprise me.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In years past I always wanted the Bills to lose for better draft positioning. Not this year. It's all about learning how to win now. Our talent level is finally at the point where we can actually draft best player available. It doesn't matter where you draft when you draft that way, because there's great talent all throughout the draft.

100% agree.

In years past I always wanted the Bills to lose for better draft positioning. Not this year. It's all about learning how to win now. Our talent level is finally at the point where we can actually draft best player available. It doesn't matter where you draft when you draft that way, because there's great

talent all throughout the draft.

+1

a top rookie is not a magical solution, is all about talent development and, for me, this staff is better in that that past regimes

Care? Of course I care. There are, sadly, only 4 games left...I look forward to the season so much, I don't squander any games, as meaningless as they may be... I have a bad feeling about tomorrow in Tampa Bay, but I won't miss a second...

it's still Bills football which any fan will watch and it helps to see who keeps playing hard and what improvements need to be made.

Exactly...if we didn't care once the games became "meaningless" I think most of us would have left here a long time ago!

I'm just glad I ditched the Sunday NFL ticket this year. I had a feeling this season would be painful. How painful watching this season could have been. Whew. Dodged that bullet. NFL rewind is all I have this year. Unfortunately, the Redskins sucked too.

Painful? Yeah, maybe a little, but we were very entertaining this year. We're more entertaining to watch than painful. I used to cringe when our defense took the field. Now I enjoy seeing them out there. Our offense is maddening at times, but they are improving.

To those of you that want to replace EJ, I implore you to practice some patience. Sure, he's had some struggles, but overall he doesn't look like a rookie to me. He has poise, he has command of the offense and he has shown he can put us in a position to win at the end of games. He just needs to stay healthy and he also needs more reps. I have faith in Manuel.

I'm just glad I ditched the Sunday NFL ticket this year. I had a feeling this season would be painful. How painful watching this season could have been. Whew. Dodged that bullet. NFL rewind is all I have this year. Unfortunately, the Redskins sucked too.

I feel the same way but the Bills are watchable this season. Most of the past seasons that has not been true. I live in Southern California and the Chargers have been painful to watch as well.

I care. Despite what I may or may not want, I don't think that the Bills will draft a qb with their first round pick under any conditions. This of course is jmo, but it is a strong one based on following this team for decades. In fact, if the Bills lose out a trade down wouldn't surprise me.

It has nothing to do with following this franchise. I can't think of a single franchise in the history of the NFL that used their 1st round picks on QBs in back to back years.

It has nothing to do with following this franchise. I can't think of a single franchise in the history of the NFL that used their 1st round picks on QBs in back to back years.

1982- 1st round Art Schlichter QB Ohio State by Baltimore Colts

1983- 1st round John Elway QB Stanford by Baltimore Colts

1964 - 1st round Bill Munson QB Utah State by Los Angeles Rams

1963 - 1st round Terry Baker QB Oregon State by Los Angeles Rams

1962 - 1st round Roman Gabriel QB North Carolina State by Los Angeles Rams

1957 - 1st round John Brodie QB Stanford by San Francisco 49ers

1956- 1st round Earl Morrall QB Michigan State by San Francisco 49ers

1955 - 1st round George Shaw QB Oregon by Baltimore Colts

1954- 1st round Cotton Davidson QB Baylor by Baltimore Colts

1982- 1st round Art Schlichter QB Ohio State by Baltimore Colts

1983- 1st round John Elway QB Stanford by Baltimore Colts

1964 - 1st round Bill Munson QB Utah State by Los Angeles Rams

1963 - 1st round Terry Baker QB Oregon State by Los Angeles Rams

1962 - 1st round Roman Gabriel QB North Carolina State by Los Angeles Rams

1957 - 1st round John Brodie QB Stanford by San Francisco 49ers

1956- 1st round Earl Morrall QB Michigan State by San Francisco 49ers

1955 - 1st round George Shaw QB Oregon by Baltimore Colts

1954- 1st round Cotton Davidson QB Baylor by Baltimore Colts

So nobody has done it since 1982 huh? Maybe they realized its not a great idea

Yeh I still care. There's plenty of things to look for in the remaining games, some of which: progression in skills w/ EJ, players still playing hard, especially the veterans, the chase to establish a new Bills sack record (that alone is fun to watch), progress with the other rookies, Woods, Goodwin........will they finish strong to carry that over to next year, the game against Miami, just to name a few. That's what being a fan of your team is about. The fact that the playoff possibility is over now doesn't make the season a waste. Making the playoffs this year was more of a wish by fans than a reality, lets face it. So, for myself, I'm going to enjoy the final games as we move closer to the holidays. On a side note, it would be interesting if someone brought back the Season Predictions thread from the beginning of the season to remind us where we thought the Bills might be for the year. Go Bills!