Official Playoff Possibilities Thread

eball

It's Here!!!!

ESPN Playoff scenario generator

Pick the teams and see who makes it and who misses

And once you've got your teams, try simulating the playoffs here...

http://graphicsweb.w...ts/nfl/nfl.html

I just went through it and picked who I thought would win each game in addition to giving the Bills a win in each week up until week 17. By the last week of the season the Bills didn't even have to beat NE to get in...

Of course, I'm like in 20th place in the TBD pick 'em contest so my prognostication skills aren't great.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went through it and picked who I thought would win each game in addition to giving the Bills a win in each week up until week 17. By the last week of the season the Bills didn't even have to beat NE to get in...

Of course, I'm like in 20th place in the TBD pick 'em contest so my prognostication skills aren't great.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We're goin' all the way.

Let us jump on the bandwagon....Oops...Sorry Forgot that I am already on the bandwagon!!!

No matter the chances, I'm just damn happy there's a conversation about it. The possibility of the team running the table isn't out of the question like it was in past years. This defense can be nasty, and with a nasty defense anything can get done.

I did the predictor then and did it as fairly as I could and with us losing at New England and I got us missing out to the 8-8 Jets on the strength of victory tiebreaker - I just can't see Cleveland, Oakland or Miami beating them at home and that gets them to 8 wins. We have to win out.

I did the predictor then and did it as fairly as I could and with us losing at New England and I got us missing out to the 8-8 Jets on the strength of victory tiebreaker - I just can't see Cleveland, Oakland or Miami beating them at home and that gets them to 8 wins. We have to win out.

While they could win all those game I could see them losing them all as well. When you have a QB who turns the ball over like Geno does you can lose any game.

Geno is a mess. I could easily see them losing any one of those games. I'm mostly concerned that the Bills won't win out. If they do, I doubt it will be the Jets or Dolphins keeping them out.

Geno is a mess. I could easily see them losing any one of those games. I'm mostly concerned that the Bills won't win out. If they do, I doubt it will be the Jets or Dolphins keeping them out.

They were talking on Mike & Mike about how Rex is a lame duck coach and might end up benching Geno if he needs to try to make the playoffs instead of sticking with him to try and evaluate him as the QB of the future, because Rex may not feel he has a stake in him long-term (opposite of what we have in Bflo where QB,HC,OC all came in at same time). It will be interesting how the Ravens gane plays out and whether they stick with Geno or go with Simms.

If we get to 8-7, the Patriots are going to be more worried about the Bills than we are of them.

the putz worry? to much hubris on that team.

unless KC tanks the best they will do is be the #3 seed. too many injuries to worry about beating a hungry hungry hippo I mean Bills D

I had Buffalo making it in the final week and that was obviously beating the Patriots. Every other scenario I did which was not biased at all (as a matter of fact, I gave some wins to the Jets, Pitt and Balt where I thought they might lose.). Bottom line is that I think the Bills have a LEGIT chance at making the final week count......

There is no shame in 7-9.

Sincerely,

Dick Jauron

HA!

When I ran the simulator with the assumption that we'd get to 9-7, I had us losing out on a tiebreaker to the Jets. Not exactly sure what the tiebreaker is that kicks us out, but that's what happened.

We get to 8-8 so that final week matters, that's really all that I am hoping for. Probably pretty unlikely, but at least there is some positivity this season instead of seasons past.

I haven't been able to figure out a way where we win a tie breaker. Seems we need to win out, and have other teams finish at .500 or below...

I used the playoff machine to get tiebreakers against the Jets at 9-7 for wild card and against Pats for the division, actually. I don't remember what I did, though.

I know we are all fully aware of the schedule the rest of the way. Looking at the CNNSI power rankings as another measure of the weakness of our remaining schedule is interesting. In order of their power rankings we play:

Then the Pats @ #6

My prognostication gets us to where we can win or lose against the Pats and still make the playoffs......(provided we win the other games)...beating the pats means we play bengals, losing to pats we play the colts....then obviously on to Lombardis sweet embrace...you heard it here first...