Official Playoff Possibilities Thread

eball

This is fun, but the cynic in me is fully expecting a beat down by Atlanta, followed immediately by threads calling for someone to be fired and EJ to be benched.

Rosen is considering going to Toronto for that game. If the Bills lose, we can blame him for it.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Falcon's Game is the one that scares me if I am to be honest. Matt Ryan is unpredictable. Their Defense has not been that great, but if their offense comes to play I will be pissed! The Pat's game worries me but does not scare me like the Falcons game. Everyone knows how T.B plays. He's a great quarterback. Their defense is old, slow and kind of sucky. But they will have the division locked up by then, and unless last nights loss starts some kind of N.E implosion(one could only hope), most if not all the starters will be resting for the Bills game. Definitely a winnable game.

BigPappy

Do you ever watch the Pats? They NEVER rest starters - they just don't do it. Every year I wait for Brady to go down with a major injury while he's playing instead of riding the bench and see ole Billy B get run out of town on a rail but it never happens. Brady and the other starters WILL be in the lineup in week 17. Did I mention we haven't won in NE for over 13 years?

Do you ever watch the Pats? They NEVER rest starters - they just don't do it. Every year I wait for Brady to go down with a major injury while he's playing instead of riding the bench and see ole Billy B get run out of town on a rail but it never happens. Brady and the other starters WILL be in the lineup in week 17. Did I mention we haven't won in NE for over 13 years?

Ideal scenario: They play their starters, we beat them in a win-and-you're-in game.

The following week sets up a rematch in Foxboro in the wild card round, and we beat them again!

You're right.

Really not that impressed with the Pats anyway, starters or bench players. Brady always makes them a good team capable of beating anyone and they are certainly a better them than Buffalo right now. But they are the least of Buffalo's issues for the next 5 weeks. If we get to Week 17 at 8-7, then I'll be concerned with New England.

And we lost to them by 10+ points.

Yes, and KC beat us by 10, and neither score is indicative of the closeness of the games. The Bills have been "beaten" in two games -- @ New Orleans and @ Pittsburgh. The other nine have been down to the wire, 4th quarter games (besides last week).

This isn't about hoisting the Lombardi trophy, or even about making the playoffs this year. This is about heading into the bye with a chance and something to play for.

Right now we want this weekend (since we can't watch the Bills):

Broncos over Patriots

Panthers over Dolphins

Ravens over Jets

Chiefs over Chargers

all very dooable

I know this is not the right thread for this type of sentiment, but I would just like to see EJ continue to progress in these last 5 games to give the team some real reason for optimism next season. Making the playoffs this year was never a realistic expectation, although I do enjoy being able to maintain some hope for it

But as long as the team continues to play hard and EJ is more good than bad, I will be satisfied with this season.

That being said, the Bills are the better team in the next 3 games and certainly have the edge against MIA at home (beat them at home last year, beat them on the road this year). So it doesn't feel implausible to me at all that they could be 8-7 going into week 17 with a chance to make the playoffs with a win against the Pats and some help from other teams around the league. Now that would be fun.