Official Playoff Possibilities Thread

eball

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who do we want tonight? And yes I am being serious.

My gut tells me we want the Pats to win, as I think IT helps them in effort to have playoff seeding set going into last game...plus piss the Panthers off and get em fired up for their game next week withe Jets.

After 2004, I will never again get my hopes up about playing a team on the last weekend with "nothing left to prove." The only circumstances under which I will ever root for the Pats* is if their W absolutely locks up a playoff spot for the Bills.

The last five games of the year we will see the Bills as they were built to Be. Everyone back, Woods and Stevie, EJ Manuel coming off his best game and the defense stacked and ready to destroy. Win or loose it will be fun. These last five games are the beginning of the Teams new Era.

After 2004, I will never again get my hopes up about playing a team on the last weekend with "nothing left to prove." The only circumstances under which I will ever root for the Pats* is if their W absolutely locks up a playoff spot for the Bills.

We need to root hard for the Panthers here on out, both to beat the Jets and to improve our Strength of Victory.

I hear what you're saying about the Pats*--and I cannot root for them. But if they run away with the division and rest their starters in week 17, I will live with that.

We need to root hard for the Panthers here on out, both to beat the Jets and to improve our Strength of Victory.

I hear what you're saying about the Pats*--and I cannot root for them. But if they run away with the division and rest their starters in week 17, I will live with that.

I am with you on this.

The last five games of the year we will see the Bills as they were built to Be. Everyone back, Woods and Stevie, EJ Manuel coming off his best game and the defense stacked and ready to destroy. Win or loose it will be fun. These last five games are the beginning of the Teams new Era.

great post!!!

I was just thinking the same thing.

I'm very skeptical the Bills will win their next game against the Falcons - much less run the table. However, if they can beat the teams they "should" win against (pretty much the next 4 weeks) there is a good chance we face New England's backups.

So who do we want tonight? And yes I am being serious.

My gut tells me we want the Pats to win, as I think IT helps them in effort to have playoff seeding set going into last game...plus piss the Panthers off and get em fired up for their game next week withe Jets.

I will never ever root for them. They can lose tonight. The Panthers can continue on a tear and beat the Jets next week.

Give me a break...the Bills aren't making the playoffs. Even an optimist can see that.

You honestly think this team can win out?

Until the Bills are mathematically eliminated there is no reason not to believe they can. Crazier things have happened. Being a Bills fan is a religion and religions don't use logic...only faith!!!!!!!

Edited by XXL Franchize

Buffalo, if they play like they did yesterday, should go on a 3 gm run vs 2 win ATl and jax & TB to arrive at 7-7, thus bringing maimi home,where they've played best. Beat them again, plausible in buffalo at home and you're up against a NE team that will likely be a post season lock. It's very plausible they win out and at 9-7, there is a good shot at getting in with the right help.

Looking at the remaining schedule the Bills WILL make the playoffs at 8-8 if they beat NE in NE when NE has nothing to play for (similar to Pit while back).

Jets: 8-8 split w/Miami. We win Tie Break with 4-2 division record vs Jets 3-3 division record.

Ravens: 8-8. We win tie break from head to head.

Dolphins: 7-9

Oak: 5-11

Ten: 7-9

Pit: 7-9

Cle: 5-11

SD: 6-10

So may not need to win out... just need to beat the pats and Jets split w/Miami. I'm a typical optimist.

I should start by saying I don't think we win out. Think we have an outside shot of 8-8 which might possibly just be good enough but 7-9 is more likely and that won't be good enough. But if we pretend for a moment that the Bills win out then the team who I see as the biggest threat are the Pittsburgh Steelers. Because they have been there, done it, and have the Lombardi Trophies to show for it and looking at their schedule if they can get through the two divisional road games at Cleveland and Baltimore still in the mix then I think they have the opportunity to go 9-7 and they have the tie breaker over us.

The problem are the losses to AFC Foes....Bills have lost to Steelers, Browns, Jets, three teams that are fighting for that last spot with us. We would have to have one game above them to get over the head-to-head losses. Those three losses and the losses to KC, Cincinnati and NE also hurt us.

Even if they don't make the playoffs, if they finish strong in the 2nd half of season (like going 6-2), they will set themselves up for next year, assuming they can retain their defensive starters.

The Jets, like us, are a very flawed team and do not yet have a strong QB. They are more likely to lose to the hot Panthers.

Buffalo, if they play like they did yesterday, should go on a 3 gm run vs 2 win ATl and jax & TB to arrive at 7-7, thus bringing maimi home,where they've played best. Beat them again, plausible in buffalo at home and you're up against a NE team that will likely be a post season lock. It's very plausible they win out and at 9-7, there is a good shot at getting in with the right help.

JAX and TB are road games and are not gimmes'. The only good thing is that our defense can put pressure on their rookie or inexperienced QBs. THe question is can Manuel be CONSISTENT for a five game stretch. That is asking a lot out of your rookie QB who has missed significant time during the season.