EJ is ready to return: Set to Start at QB in Pittsburgh

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does not make any sense today he's healthy and ready to go 24 hours ago when we needed him he could not play.

He didn't practice all week.....several weeks for that matter....and you expect him just to walk in the door and play yesterday??

Be realistic.

I DO hope he protects himself from unecessary shots. Realistically, the guy hasn't played in a month and I expect a bit of rustiness, regression. Bills never win at PIT, even when we were good, so I see a loss here. Bad matchup. Blitzing team that hasn't been getting takeaways vs Team tha has trouble with blitzes/ turns the ball over regularly. PIT feasts on Bills fumbles/miscues 28-17

Not too sure about that. Many expected the KC game to be a bad matchup but our D was outstanding. As discussed so many times on this board already, but with 2 less mistakes, the KC game was ours. I said this last week about Tuel but it applies to EJ perfectly - protect himself and the ball. Pittsburgh O is not strong at all and our D should do well. But on O, I can never trust any team against a LeBeau defense. Blitz they will and I hope EJ has added the screen to his arsenal. You can bet LeBeau will over-cover the middle of the field and dare EJ to throw deep or to the sidelines.

The bar has also been raised for Manuel now too. Tuel and Lewis both showed the offense can move the ball and put up some points pretty much no matter who is under center. Manuel needs to show he is clearly better than these two now.

I would suggest that he already has.

Not too sure about that. Many expected the KC game to be a bad matchup but our D was outstanding. As discussed so many times on this board already, but with 2 less mistakes, the KC game was ours. I said this last week about Tuel but it applies to EJ perfectly - protect himself and the ball. Pittsburgh O is not strong at all and our D should do well. But on O, I can never trust any team against a LeBeau defense. Blitz they will and I hope EJ has added the screen to his arsenal. You can bet LeBeau will over-cover the middle of the field and dare EJ to throw deep or to the sidelines.

Yeah, I never thought KC was a bad matchup. People looked at the record, but not the matchup. That is mostly the same KC team we have dominated in the trenches for the last several years. The difference is the very careful QB that doesn't turn it over and is sneaky athletic. Conversely, we have consistently had trouble with zone blitzing teams a la Jets and Steelers. I don't think that will change here, and Lebeau with throw some zingers at a rook QB that's missed a month of time. The worst thing I felt about the KC matchup was our QB. Was hoping Lewis would be able to go. I hpe I'm wrong, but just going with history here.

@buffalobills

#Bills QB EJ Manuel has been cleared to return.

@JoeBuscaglia

EJ Manuel has been cleared by the doctors to do everything. Now it's up to the #Bills and HC Doug Marrone as to when he returns.

EJ Manuel fully cleared, could play Sunday

Biil Video - EJ Manuel on Being Cleared to Practice

Get him out there.. we can DO this!

does not make any sense today he's healthy and ready to go 24 hours ago when we needed him he could not play.

I know this gets lost on some people but

- Kansas City has one of the best pass rushes in the league

- The kid just got back to practicing last week

- He was not medically cleared to play by doctors

And last BUT NOT least.....there is more at stake here then just this season with EJ Manuel...he is the FUTURE of this team. This is the one player that is going to decide our fate for years to come and I for one am happy we didnt RG III him.

I bet EJ is now ready.....and he will play from here forward......were not totally out of the playoff hunt yet we just need to string together some wins now as we come into the easy part of our schedule.

Spiller has been cleared to play this whole time too. I'd rather sit EJ another week than rush him back. But if he really is 100% well ok then

My fear is that the playing surface at Heinz Field is not the best to begin with and Pitt has a game the day before, so what is the condition of the field going to be like? Then again is it better to get EJ out there to continue his development?

My fear is that the playing surface at Heinz Field is not the best to begin with and Pitt has a game the day before, so what is the condition of the field going to be like? Then again is it better to get EJ out there to continue his development?

It's true that the Heinz surface is lousy...it's not really the injury-type of surface though...when it's bad, people slip. Non-contact injuries are usually from surfaces being too "grippy"; this seems to be the opposite.

@buffalobills

Marrone: "EJ might be a veteran, he's started more games than anyone else"

@buffalobills

Marrone: Manuel has been cleared by doctors. Coaching staff to determine his readiness for play.

@buffalobills

Marrone on EJ: Football movements will be evaluated this week - dropbacks, push offs, planting and driving etc.

@buffalobills

Marrone on EJ Manuel's status: "We'll get him out there and see"

It's true that the Heinz surface is lousy...it's not really the injury-type of surface though...when it's bad, people slip. Non-contact injuries are usually from surfaces being too "grippy"; this seems to be the opposite.

Have we already forgotten what happened to Robert Griffin III in the wild card game? On a crappy grass field? Which was a non-contact injury? On a field surface almost as notoriously bad as Heinz Field?

Add in the ND/Pitt game Saturday night with an 8:00 PM kickoff and you've got probably just about 12 hours between the likely end of the game (11 to 11:30 PM) and warmups. That's a recipe for disaster.

Edited by JM57