Thad is not practicing today

KikO M G

Is this a serious question? EJ has won two meaningful NFL games. Thad has won one. Flynn won a meaningless end of season game, and Tuel hasn't done anything except soil himself on national TV.

"Meaningful" and "big" are not the same thing. Almost every NFL game is "meaningful", even after a team is out of play off contention (coaches can evaluate talent, newer players get game experience, players who haven't gotten a chance before may be able to show they can play, etc).

All 3 wins are against teams that are suspect themselves. The games were meaningful, but they were not big. Miami has lost 4 in a row now. Baltimore has only beaten the Browns, Texans, and Dolphins. Carolina has 4 wins, but against teams that have a combined 6 wins between all 4 of them. Miami was the biggest game so far (on the road and in their division), but Miami is not a good team. Big games are against good teams and the Bills haven't beaten a proven good team...until this Sunday.

Edited by Beebes Bubble

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Meaningful" and "big" are not the same thing.

I would venture to say that most, if not all, NFL coaches would disagree with you. The wins for EJ vs. Carolina and Baltimore, and for Thad vs. Miami, were certainly "big" games. EJ was also performing well and on the verge of leading Buffalo to another "big" win on a national stage at Cleveland before his injury.

Lewis played very poorly against the Saints from almost any measure. Lewis has proven he may be a keeper but only if a lot of work improves his game. Those fumbles are killers and his high throw after high throw must stop. He was a D- at best against the Saints.

Lets hear about his injuries before we judge him. If he has a broken rib.....his throws might just be a little off as the body protects itself despite the conscious mind wanting to do it right. Yeh, he needs work, but, I have to tell you, those two 4th quarter throws (Cinci) for TD's were better than anything we have seen from EJ.....so I am thinking resigning him for next year is a pretty good idea. Edited by bigK14094

I am kind of surprised that more people aren't excited about Tuel. I would really like to see if he is everything that the staff thought, or, maybe i am dreaming, a diamond in the rough like Brady.

a home game, full week of preparation, and the desire to redeem himself... would like to see what he could do under those circumstances.

Yes.

Since Tuel got ZERO reps before the Cleveland game, I cannot predict how he might play given the proper preparation for a game. (Marrone admitted that Tuel got no work before Cleveland because "the short week". Well, I think Marrone was "short sighted" not to give his #2 some work in case he had to play)

If only that ridiculous performance in Cleveland was his only screw up. He has never done well.

Actually he looked awesome in one of the preseason games, I forget which one? He's a rookie and I am not encouraged after the Cleveland game but it was a Thursday game in which he was receiving very little reps in practice, hopefully a full week of snaps and more experience helps the guy!

I am kind of surprised that more people aren't excited about Tuel. I would really like to see if he is everything that the staff thought, or, maybe i am dreaming, a diamond in the rough like Brady.

a home game, full week of preparation, and the desire to redeem himself... would like to see what he could do under those circumstances.

I think we've seen the best of Tuel already. If he has to start, I don't think it would be pretty

"Per a league source, Lewis is expected to play on Sunday, despite the missed practice. It remains to be seen whether he’ll practice on Thursday, or whether Jeff Tuel and Matt Flynn will again split reps."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/30/thad-lewis-should-be-good-to-go-on-sunday/

Not sure whether to be happy or not. A gimpy Lewis who hasn't practiced all week...

Lets hear about his injuries before we judge him. If he has a broken rib.....his throws might just be a little off as the body protects itself despite the conscious mind wanting to do it right. Yeh, he needs work, but, I have to tell you, those two 4th quarter throws (Cinci) for TD's were better than anything we have seen from EJ.....so I am thinking resigning him for next year is a pretty good idea.

Strongly disagree here. As I've stated before, his pass to Chandler against NE that set up the TD pass to Woods was the most impressive throw of the year. Lewis can't make that throw. And his bomb to Woods against the Ravens was just as good as any long pass we've seen from Lewis as well.

GO BILLS!!!