Thad is not practicing today

KikO M G

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, if this team didn't have ****ty luck, we'd have no luck at all.

I would say that the injury to Manuel and the injury to Lewis were both avoidable.

Manuel showed poor judgement (and I consider this a coaching failure as well as a bad individual decision) and the playcall on Lewis' injury was terrible IMO because when you're that thin at QB, you have to account for that in your playcalling.

Read option? Bad play call.

So I think bad luck is a minimal factor as far as our injured QBs are concerned.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I would say that the injury to Manuel and the injury to Lewis were both avoidable.

Manuel showed poor judgement (and I consider this a coaching failure as well as a bad individual decision) and the playcall on Lewis' injury was terrible IMO because when you're that thin at QB, you have to account for that in your playcalling.

Read option? Bad play call.

So I think bad luck is a minimal factor as far as our injured QBs are concerned.

SJBF -- I'm pretty sure the coaching staff preaches to EJ that he needs to slide or get out of bounds. He's simply a competitive guy and you never know how someone is going to react in the heat of the moment. It's something he'll have to force himself to learn, and there's no better lesson than not being able to play as a result.

Case in point -- does anyone else remember Brady's first season when he took off running against the Bills and Nate Clements damn near took his head off? Brady stopped doing that stuff soon thereafter.

Time to change the thread topic. ;)

Ok, so I spoke too soon. Everyone is tweeting that Thad is not throwing any passes. Just taking dropbacks with the ball in his hand.

Those ribs must be S-O-R-E.

Edited by eball

He can't throw. Not looking good.

First of all, you don't know that. What you do know is that he didn't throw any passes during the 15-minute open-to-the-media part of practice.

No conclusions can be reached at this point.

Kind of a lose-lose choice. Either Lewis who is not one hundred percent or Tuell. If its Lewis the O-line and Tight Ends had better block their hearts out and the coach might want to put a primarily blocking fullback/tight end into the backfield. The guy is going to need help in execution and strength on the line of scrimmage, in the receivers getting open quickly, in the running game coming on strong, and in the offensive strategy the coaches devise. It is a challenge, but not insurmountable. If it were insurmountable there wouldn't be any point in playing the game.

First of all, you don't know that. What you do know is that he didn't throw any passes during the 15-minute open-to-the-media part of practice.

No conclusions can be reached at this point.

Is Marrone smart enough to not have Lewis throw a pass in front of the media all week to cast doubt on whether he will be effective on Sunday? He certainly continued to gut it out all game last week despite taking the hit to the ribs on the first play.

Is Marrone smart enough to not have Lewis throw a pass in front of the media all week to cast doubt on whether he will be effective on Sunday? He certainly continued to gut it out all game last week despite taking the hit to the ribs on the first play.

Don't you mean dumb enough? You don't really think Andy Reid is laying awake nights wondering if Lewis, Tuel, or Flynn will be the Bills QB do you? :)

I'll tell you what too, if Thad's ribs really are that sore (and I suspect they are), and Marrone STILL starts Lewis over Tuel, then WTF is Tuel even still doing on the team?

Edited by CodeMonkey

Don't you mean dumb enough? You don't really think Andy Reid is laying awake nights wondering if Lewis, Tuel, or Flynn will be the Bills QB do you? :)

I would not at all put it past Marrone to be employing a little gamesmanship here. You think he wants the media tweeting that Thad winced after he threw, or that he clutched at his rib cage after an out pattern? Lewis' athleticism requires a different gameplan than guys like Tuel or Flynn. Keep 'em guessing, Doug.

I would not at all put it past Marrone to be employing a little gamesmanship here. You think he wants the media tweeting that Thad winced after he threw, or that he clutched at his rib cage after an out pattern? Lewis' athleticism requires a different gameplan than guys like Tuel or Flynn. Keep 'em guessing, Doug.

I suspect Reid is spending his time figuring out how to put points up against the Bills D rather which backup QB his strong D will go up against, but I guess we agree to disagree :)

But I guess you are right, and that could be Marrone's idea of gamesmanship.

Edited by CodeMonkey