Thad is not practicing today

KikO M G

Guys. Jesus. The Bills don't need flashy QB play to beat the Chiefs overly aggressive and opportunistic D. They need a game manager who can stay out of trouble.

Alex Smith is not Drew Brees.

Their main offensive catalyst is Jamaal Charles. He's their leading rusher AND receiver. This game will come down to running and stopping the run.

Quite frankly, of the three, I trust Thad LEAST when it comes to avoiding the mistakes that will or won't cost us Sunday's game.

Dude, are you forgetting what "Mr Deer in headlights" looked like in that Cleveland game? Or "Mr throw it in the turf" if you prefer.

Lewis is like a Timex watch, can get a beating and keep on ticking. Although, In 3 games Lewis has been sacked 13 times, 6x fumbles while losing 3.

The problem is that the Bills protections didn't hold up very well against that Saints D, as they sent 5, 6, sometimes 7, and not only did the extra blockers fail. Lewis had great difficulty in pre snap reads and hot reads. I highly doubt Tuel would be any better setting protections or making hot reads.

I dunno at this point If I'd trust Matt Flynn over Jeff Tuel or Lewis just because of his time in the NFL. Packers 2008-2011, Seahawks 2012, 2013 Oakland-Buffalo 6 years in the league. I gotta wonder if he has the offense down yet. If so, then Flynn might be the wiser choice this week.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis played very poorly against the Saints from almost any measure. Lewis has proven he may be a keeper but only if a lot of work improves his game. Those fumbles are killers and his high throw after high throw must stop. He was a D- at best against the Saints.

saints are a pressure defense team with an offense that can score - so you usually play from behind at home in a dome after a bye - ---tough scenario for any QB

Jeff Tuel should never play QB in an NFL game again. He sucks and if he plays, it will be a schit show.

Relax man. He was thrown into his first NFL game due to injury and he performed poorly. That in no way indicates that he will never be able to play in the NFL as a backup QB. I would have no problem giving him another shot with a full week of preparation.

Rodak says it could be Thad, Tuel, OR Flynn. He's not as convinced as you.

yea based on this\ -

Marrone (to the QBs at practice): "It could be any of you on Sunday"

meaning - be ready to start....any coach worth his salt would tell the backups to be ready in case the starter cant go, he didnt say "This is now an open competition for Sundays starting spot" - he simply said "It COULD be any of you"...Thad aint sitting out with sore ribs, this is a precaution, and a wise one, let the ribs heal for another day - or two - and have Thad ready for Sunday

why aggravate the ribs unnecessarily with throwing/running in practice early in the week?

allllllllllllllllllllllllll this is, is a rest day for Thad, simple as that - he will be starting on Sunday

Agreed. Thad's starting. Marrone just knows that he is one hit away from being carted off.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 34s

Lewis also dealing with "flu virus," Marrone says. Has chance to play even if he only practices on Friday

Relax man. He was thrown into his first NFL game due to injury and he performed poorly. That in no way indicates that he will never be able to play in the NFL as a backup QB. I would have no problem giving him another shot with a full week of preparation.

I don't know man, i was at the Bills/Redskins dress rehearsal game in DC back in August. That game mattered for Tuel big time and he played the final 3 1/2 quarters. He was 10 for 17, 63 yards. The guy looked like a poor man's version of Trent Edwards and that's not good at all. I saw Zero "it" factor and i saw nothing in that Browns game to change my mind.

Dang Dog, that's harsh. Brett Favre sucked it up in his first game, too. Look how that turned out. In fact, a lot of great QB's had horrendous first games.

He's never done well. Not against his own team. Not against other teams' 3rd strings. And most certainly not in a real game situation.

Most undrafted QBs went undrafted for good reason.