Thad is not practicing today

KikO M G

You can't go into this big "whiteout" game with Jeff Tuel as the starting QB. The KC D will eat him up alive. What a run of luck KC has had facing backup QB's huh?!?

If Tuel does start, that is our coaching staff throwing "spaghetti at the wall" and hope it sticks. They have no idea if this kid can play in a big game.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't go into this big "whiteout" game with Jeff Tuel as the starting QB. The KC D will eat him up alive. What a run of luck KC has had facing backup QB's huh?!?

If Tuel does start, that is our coaching staff throwing "spaghetti at the wall" and hope it sticks. They have no idea if this kid can play in a big game.

Do people really think there's a steep droppoff from Thad to Tuel!?

I think they have a pretty good idea. Which is why Lewis was signed to the playing roster and Matt Flynn was acquired.

GO BILLS!!!

Big Cat, my good friend... YE OLE would have to say yes. It's not that Thad is a terrific option under center, but when Tuel couldn't come in the Browns game and muster a first down most lost all confidence in him. The way Tuel started hopping balls off the turf, it became apparent that he wasn't a threat to complete a pass. Thad on the other hand, while he has made mistakes, he's also led the offense on scoring drives and has proven a threat to connect on deep balls.

Now it's possible, Tuel just wasn't ready for the spotlight and maybe given another chance to prepare will be better. But, as bad as he was in the Browns game, nobody wants to take that chance.

Big Cat, my good friend... YE OLE would have to say yes. It's not that Thad is a terrific option under center, but when Tuel couldn't come in the Browns game and muster a first down most lost all confidence in him. The way Tuel started hopping balls off the turf, it became apparent that he wasn't a threat to complete a pass. Thad on the other hand, while he has made mistakes, he's also led the offense on scoring drives and has proven a threat to connect on deep balls.

Now it's possible, Tuel just wasn't ready for the spotlight and maybe given another chance to prepare will be better. But, as bad as he was in the Browns game, nobody wants to take that chance.

I hear ya. He looked utterly lost in Cleveland.

But it's not the only body of work we have on the guy. And for all the factors you mentioned, I'm reserving full and total judgement.

Oh my god yes. Thad Lewis has threw for 200 every game against a very good Bengals team and 2 tough road games. At the very least, Lewis has proved he can play in this league a bit. At this point, all Tuel has proven is he can light up 3rd stringers and guys who can't make a NFL roster. Tuel wasn't even good in college.

I hear ya. He looked utterly lost in Cleveland.

But it's not the only body of work we have on the guy. And for all the factors you mentioned, I'm reserving full and total judgement.

His college career is very underwhelming as well. But hey anytime you can start a guy who lost their job at Washington State, you have to do it.

But IMO, Lewis is a much better option than Tuel.

Jeff Tuel should never play QB in an NFL game again. He sucks and if he plays, it will be a schit show.

From what tuell showed in the browns game I would literally rather see Fred Jackson at QB running 100% wildcat. Could not do worse than the about 13 straight 3 and outs tuell has put up between the skins dress rehearsal game and the browns. Hard to figure out why he is on the roster still.

Flynn and Tuel will address the media. E.J. and Thad won't. Not looking good...

Silver lining is Manuel took 2nd team reps along with Dixon.

Freddie and Stevie also not practicing...

EJ was practicing? That's more than a silver lining; that's fantastic. Perhaps back in the lineup at Pittsburgh?

Admit it, you friggin laughed...come on.....it was the first....

Oh, you got in at the ground level, no doubt. So you won't be responsible for the deluge of copy cats coming down the pike. That doesn't mean that aint coming though, and for that I hate you,

Otherwise, you done good. :thumbsup:

Edited by The Big Cat

Oh, you got in at the ground level, no doubt. So you won't be responsible for the deluge of copy cats coming down the pike. That doesn't mean that aint coming though, and for that I hate you,

Otherwise, you done good. :thumbsup:

I leave the encounter deeply satisfied..... :w00t: