Marquise Goodwin Left Elbow

I hope its not serious, he had some nice grabs in the game. He looked like a football player, not a track guy posing as one.

Isn't Goodwin now 6'3" with the way Thad had him stretching out to catch passes yesterday?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I am fearing the worst. He immediately sprinted off the field after it, clutching it. Wouldn't be surprised if he broke or dislocated it, and is out the rest of the season.

You have to question whether these awesome, but small, slot receivers are worth the draft picks and money, being so prone to injury. We saw this with Roscoe. Other smaller slot guys seem to be contstantly dinged up, as well (Collie, Amendola).

I hate to fear the worst, but this guy seems fragile. Two injuries in what, 4 games? One was a broken bone. You tend to hit the turf a lot as a WR. Doesn't bode well. I like what I've seen from him. Its a shame. Some guys just can't withstand the contact of this game. Welker is not big, and takes a ton of shots, but is rarely injured. You just can't tell.

I am fearing the worst. He immediately sprinted off the field after it, clutching it. Wouldn't be surprised if he broke or dislocated it, and is out the rest of the season.

You have to question whether these awesome, but small, slot receivers are worth the draft picks and money, being so prone to injury. We saw this with Roscoe. Other smaller slot guys seem to be contstantly dinged up, as well (Collie, Amendola).

Sucks but I think you're right.

I hate to fear the worst, but this guy seems fragile. Two injuries in what, 4 games? One was a broken bone. You tend to hit the turf a lot as a WR. Doesn't bode well. I like what I've seen from him. Its a shame. Some guys just can't withstand the contact of this game. Welker is not big, and takes a ton of shots, but is rarely injured. You just can't tell.

Kinda the same with Manuel. It might just be some bad luck. We will see

Injuries are part of the way players are judged overall. If a guy is injury-prone, unfortunately he's not all that valuable and will never live up to his potential. Hopefully Goodwin and EJ prove to be durable after this season.

one might argue that its part of why they are picked later. id say all of them are worth mid round picks and what often amounts to little money.

Isn't Goodwin now 6'3" with the way Thad had him stretching out to catch passes yesterday?

:lol:

Glad to hear that Goodwin's injury is not as serious as feared.

Goodwin is showing that he can do more than run a deep route. He made some nice catches yesterday.

Let's hope this injury stuff is not a recurring theme, because he could turn out to be something special.