Marquise Goodwin Left Elbow

Kinda the same with Manuel. It might just be some bad luck. We will see

I don't see it the same way with Manuel. First "injury" he played through and didn't realize it until the next day. Was preseason so they were precautionary with it. The injury vs CLE was a bad break/ cheap shot with a guy diving at his knee. He took a risk and hopefully learned a lesson there that NFL defenders lust after a free shot on a QB. Goodwin's injuries seem to be just on routine tackles that you will get at WR. A bit more ominous, as he hasn't caught many balls so far. I'm sure EJ will avoid free shots from defenders by sliding, getting OB in the future. A WR is going to hit the turf more often, an Goodwin's small build doesn't help matters.

so happy for this this guy to hear he's okay, he was really earning some respect. his attitude, the way he plays the game, it reminds me of fred jackson. he just seems like a good, tough, reasonable guy. he made a big tackle on an interception return, chased the guy all the way to the other side of the field and gave it everything he had. im really looking forward to seeing where his career goes.

Goodwin good to go

Bills WR Marquise Goodwin left last Sunday’s game early with an elbow injury, but was back on the practice field Wednesday. Though he was listed as limited Wednesday, head coach Doug Marrone said he did just about everything in practice. Goodwin is even more optimistic about being in the lineup Sunday than his head coach.

“It’s good. Just making sure I was good and I went out there and just worked through everything and ready to go,” said Goodwin. “I’ll be good. I didn’t have any limitations, at least in my mind I didn’t. I practiced the whole practice, so I’ll be ready to go this weekend.”

Did anyone hear anything on it? I know he was having stuff done today, but does anyone know how bad it is and how long he will be out if any?

http://m.buffalobill...121411111521421

Goodwin sure is doing his best Roscoe impersonation(in a post-special teams era). The injuries are even the same. Roscoe could not leave his feet and then fall to the turf without injuring something. Started with Goodwin in preseason when he dove for an overthrown pass and lay motionless on the turf like he had been shot. That one didn't turn out to be an injury, but damn, being able to fall to the turf is a basic receiving skill/necessity.

Roscoe was a problem because he always performed so well in practice/training camp that the team always thought they had this dynamic receiver at their disposal. Then he would get hurt and they would play much of the season with some scrub in his position. Maybe some guys like Gronk who can have monster impact are worth having around if they can't stay healthy but a guy like Roscoe was not. It's a shame he was taken with a "starter" pick. When you pick a guy in the third round you expect that guy to earn a starting job and that can lead to bad decisions when that player doesn't earn that position.

Goodwin sure is doing his best Roscoe impersonation(in a post-special teams era). The injuries are even the same. Roscoe could not leave his feet and then fall to the turf without injuring something. Started with Goodwin in preseason when he dove for an overthrown pass and lay motionless on the turf like he had been shot. That one didn't turn out to be an injury, but damn, being able to fall to the turf is a basic receiving skill/necessity.

Roscoe was a problem because he always performed so well in practice/training camp that the team always thought they had this dynamic receiver at their disposal. Then he would get hurt and they would play much of the season with some scrub in his position. Maybe some guys like Gronk who can have monster impact are worth having around if they can't stay healthy but a guy like Roscoe was not. It's a shame he was taken with a "starter" pick. When you pick a guy in the third round you expect that guy to earn a starting job and that can lead to bad decisions when that player doesn't earn that position.

So, that time Goodwin dove for the ball, and you thought he might be hurt (but wasn't) is an example of how he gets hurt often like Roscoe? Or maybe this time, when he hurt his elbow, but seems to have a great attitude and is playing through it....

We have a young developing players with some skills beyond what anyone else has on the roster. He seems to be doing fine for a first year WR.

In the third are you even 50-50 in seeing guys turn into longterm starters?

So, that time Goodwin dove for the ball, and you thought he might be hurt (but wasn't) is an example of how he gets hurt often like Roscoe? Or maybe this time, when he hurt his elbow, but seems to have a great attitude and is playing through it....

We have a young developing players with some skills beyond what anyone else has on the roster. He seems to be doing fine for a first year WR.

I'm usually right, unfortunately. When I saw him lying there like a dead man after laying out for that pass my thought was that this guy is probably not built for this league and damned if he didn't even make it to the opener. He's played maybe 20-30 snaps? since he got back and he already had to check out of another game with another fragile wing injury. I am not saying his mind isn't tough but we saw these things already with Roscoe. What I don't want to see is a third round pick reduced to returning one kickoff per game for his entire role, and the truth is that if he can't stay healthy playing receiver, that is what is going to happen. Just like Roscoe. What you want to see from a guy like Goodwin is toughness and body control to develop into a guy who you can count on. Flashy kick returners are a dime-a-dozen, see Trindon Holliday.

In the third are you even 50-50 in seeing guys turn into longterm starters?

I think guys taken in the third round by bottom half of the league teams (like the Bills) almost always get a good opportunity to start, and well over half end up starting for some period of time, at least until they prove that they can't hack it. Kelvin Sheppard comes to mind immediately. Sure, there are guys taken in the third who never play other than on special teams, but those guys are pretty rare.

I'm usually right, unfortunately. When I saw him lying there like a dead man after laying out for that pass my thought was that this guy is probably not built for this league and damned if he didn't even make it to the opener. He's played maybe 20-30 snaps? since he got back and he already had to check out of another game with another fragile wing injury. I am not saying his mind isn't tough but we saw these things already with Roscoe. What I don't want to see is a third round pick reduced to returning one kickoff per game for his entire role, and the truth is that if he can't stay healthy playing receiver, that is what is going to happen. Just like Roscoe. What you want to see from a guy like Goodwin is toughness and body control to develop into a guy who you can count on. Flashy kick returners are a dime-a-dozen, see Trindon Holliday.

Part of my reaction is that you're articulating my fear about Goodwin. I just don't see the evidence to go there yet. What happened with Roscoe has nothing to do with Goodwin. I've been hopeful he's more solid because I see him initiating a lot of contact and he seems to like it. I think there's a certain feel players get for the contact and they get better at flowing with it when they get comfortable.

[Off-topic, but this is exactly my concern with Manuel, he looks completely awkward with any conact.]

If you want to stay around as a QB in this league you have to throw the ball first and foremost. Run when in trouble and learn how to slide. Results are poor for your health when you become a runner. Manual was trying to be a runner. Won't work.

Kyle Turley, of "How to Protect the QB" fame, clearly was willing to go to the wall to protect his QB but was also quoted as pointing out the minute the QB becomes a runner, he paints a giant target on himself.

Goodwin is a major weapon in the game tomorrow. If Tuel can hit on some throws to him early on over the top and Flash beats his man, it changes everything as far as how well we'll be able to move the ball the rest of the day in both the running anf short passing game.