Unpopular opinions thread.

If Kevin Kolb were healthy EJ never would have played and we'd be 5-1.

EJ is more injury prone than Kolb on a percentage basis.

Yes...the legend stuff on Kiko is probably really bad...and I havent and wont look at any of that.

We've got Thad....and I am seriously upbeat on this kid. Thad will become the starter, and we'll have a serviceable back-up in EJ. 3rd string=Flynn. Cut Tuel. Good arsenal right there.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kevin Kolb were healthy EJ never would have played and we'd be 5-1.

EJ is more injury prone than Kolb on a percentage basis.

Yes...the legend stuff on Kiko is probably really bad...and I havent and wont look at any of that.

We've got Thad....and I am seriously upbeat on this kid. Thad will become the starter, and we'll have a serviceable back-up in EJ. 3rd string=Flynn. Cut Tuel. Good arsenal right there.

Give Thad a few more games to prove he is the real deal, and if so, then I agree with you.

Andre Reed will never make the Hall of Fame. Receiver numbers are totally different now, and his window of opportunity has closed.

I really dislike the reminiscing about the Super Bowl team and how great all the players were compared to those on the team now. The game has changed, the players are bigger and faster now, the playbook is WAY more complicated, and any comparisons to the teams of the 90s with the teams of today is irrelevant.

OJ will some day find Nicole's true killer.

And when Rich Stadium was up for re-naming, instead of "The Ralph" it should have been "The Nicole Brown Simpson Memorial Stadium."

Any town that can celebrate Scotty Norwood upon the team's return to Buffalo can do the right thing by Nicole's memory...

Edited by Rhode Island Red

Is it bad when I agree with most of the unpopular opinions?

resigning Byrd

Moulds > Reed

Choice being good for the team...I guess I would say he is great for the team, though.

Jim Kelly can be annoying. I am so glad he is not in the booth for TV calling games.

Todd Collins not getting his shot.

I am fed up with all this concussion b.s. Everyone knows that playing football comes with physical risks. If you're being paid millions of dollars to play a game, there is going to be some sacrifice. Feel free to get a safe job paying $30,000 per year if you'd prefer.

Roger Goodell is a good commissioner.

Thank you.

Russ Brandon is the best thing that has ever happened to the Bills, in terms of keeping the team economically viable in Buffalo in the post-Wilson era.

Russ Brandon believes everything he says.

Jeff Littmann is the power behind the Bills, won't let them spend enough to ever get good again, and knows Bill Polian was right 20+ years ago.

Buddy Nix is actually Slim Pickens and wrote all the lines his character spoke in Blazing Saddles.

(NOT A THREAD FOR FLAMING OTHERS OPINIONS, just to post some thoughts.)

Geno Smith looks more comfortable throwing the ball than EJ.

1) That's because Geno has better mechanics than EJ. EJ has ****ty footwork. He keeps the ball too low. Doesnt step into throws. Doesnt climb the pocket. When Geno's head turns, his whole body turns. Not so with EJ. EJ seems to want to do it on arm-talent alone.

2) The Bills offense never ever ever ever runs any Motion on offense. (I've watched all games live or on NFL rewind. The next motion will be the first). Motion helps a young qb read the defense, and helps small receivers avoid jams.

3) Replay Review. The standard is whether the call should be overturned by Indisputable Visual Evidence. As Brian Billick once said, it means 12 drunks in a bar would all agree.

But I think many refs use the De Novo standard. De Novo means "let me make the call." When it should be "let me see if the official obviously blew it." Replay is NOT to make the correct call. It is only to see if the official obviously F'ed up.

That said, maybe it should be de novo. But its not. When I hear an official announce several sentences of explanation, it sounds de novo. All he needs to say is "affirmed" or "overruled."

Our defense sucks.

I think Pettine doesnt have the personnel for his D. So he is making lemonade.

Look at the Jets personnel. The DTs (sheldon richardson and muhammad Wilkerson) are long and lean, and play the run on the way to the QB. The Bills DTs are short and squat. Revis was his shutdown CB, allowing more exotic blitzes. Gilmore . . . we'll see.

Edited by maddenboy

Daryl Talley is overrated.

Steve Tasker isn't worthy of the Hall of Fame.

Steve Tasker is the most Hall of Fame worthy Bill. He changed the way special teams players are regarded. No other Bill is as widely acknowledged as the all-time best at his position.