Unpopular opinions thread.

Like the guy, but Eric Moulds is completely overrated on TBD... it appears.

One of the biggest coaching blunders of the Wade Phillips era was the under-use of Antowain Smith. Smith was always in Joe Pendrys dog house, would come in and get 5 carries for 35 yards, and then be sent back to the bench, while journeymen caliber backs like Linton and Bryson gashed the defense 1.5 yards at a time.

Dick Jauron may not have the worst win/loss record of modern Bills coaches (don't feel qualified to comment pre-1972), but he gives Hank Bullough a run for the money as the worst Bills coach in my fandom lifetime....which spans 41 seasons.

Mike Mularkey was the best head coach post Wade...results for Marrone not in yet.

If the Bills hadn't fired Tom Donohoe when they did, their playoff drought would have ended about 3 or 4 years ago.

Joe Cribbs was one of the greatest Bills players of the past 40 years, but people at TBD will only remember him for leaving the Bills for the USFL.

Which brings me too:

Yes, we are lucky that Ralph Wilson has kept the Bills in Buffalo all these years, but anyone who has been with this team for a long time knows, he is as responsible for their lackluster history, as any coach or player whoever roamed the sidelines. As they say...Ralph is cheap...he did us a favor, but lets not pretend he wasn't paid back many times over....happy birthday Ralph!

Edited by Buftex

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan Gailey was an offensive genius (imagine how Manuel would be progressing under his watch).

John Murphy is an awful play-by-play announcer.

Mark Kelso was embarrassing to watch as a player (with that ridiculous Rick Moranis "Space Balls" helmet), and he's an embarrassment as a color commentator.

Jason Simpson killed Ron and Nicole.

Marv Levy was a hell of a coach.

Marrone comes across as a total dimwit.

Eric Wood is light-years better than Andy Levitre could ever hope to be.

Stevie Johnson is the second best receiver in franchise history (behind only Reed).

Kent Hull probably used steroids.

Ted Washington is the most under-appreciated player in Bills history.

Marcell Dareus is a beast.

Kenneth Davis was better than Thurman.

TJ Graham has real potential.

Manny Lawson has been the best player on the defense this year. Yes, better than kiko.

Fred Jackson is the best player on the offense. Again. And he is the best all round rb in the league.

Jim Kelly cost the Bills the first super bowl.

Stevie Johnson can't be covered.

Judging from this thread, Bills fans are not necessarily "knowledgeable fans"...but OP said we are not supposed to flame in this thread...just espouse our unpopular opinions...no matter how fugged up they are! There are some doozies here...

OJ was my childhood hero and the greatest RB I ever saw live, he is one of the greatest RBs of all time

Frank Reich is the most overrated player in Bills history

There are tons of great Bills fans, but the huge amount of drunk a-holes at games is simply an embarrassment to the team and the city

A dedicated roster spot for long snapper is stupid, OLmen (ESP center) should be able to be taught to do it

Trying to down a punt inside the 10 by kicking it a mile in the air down the middle is stupid and never works (coffin corner!!)

Wade was a good HC for the Bills

TE position is overrated

Talking Proud >> Shout

Coy Wire sucked

Ban this guy! :thumbdown:

Dick Jauron could kick most Bills fan's a$$es.

The apostrophe in "fans" should come after the "s" because you are referring to the asses of a collective group as opposed to an individual.

Andre Reed will not be enshrined in the HOF........nor should he.

Agreed.

Time spent on this forum, or any other, is the definition of wasted time.

For the most part, yeah, I'd agree with that.

Chan Gailey was an offensive genius (imagine how Manuel would be progressing under his watch).

Mark Kelso was embarrassing to watch as a player (with that ridiculous Rick Moranis "Space Balls" helmet), and he's an embarrassment as a color commentator.

Stevie Johnson is the second best receiver in franchise history (behind only Reed).

You lost me there, pal.

I suppose this opinion is neither unpopular or popular....yet:

I used to think Metzelaars_lives was a fine upstanding poster, but am now questioning that assessment as he made a special point to agree that Andre Reed will not be inducted into the NFL hall of fame..and that he shouldn't be. :doh:

Metzelaars_lives would be dead to me, at this point, if he had also agreed that Eric Moulds was a better receiver than Andre Reed...since Metzelaars_lives is usually pretty sharp, I will assume he is not agreeing with that asinine statement as well...and he regained some credibility by pointing out, in his own way, that saying Kenneth Davis was a better running back for the Buffalo Bills than Thurman Thomas...still...this thread is really opening my eyes...I don't even know who some of you people are anymore... :w00t:

A thread for posting your opinions about the Bills (or NFL in general) that are or might be unpopular here on Two Bills Drive.

What do you think that differs from the general consensus?

(NOT A THREAD FOR FLAMING OTHERS OPINIONS, just to post some thoughts.)

Geno Smith looks more comfortable throwing the ball than EJ. Maybe

Mexico City should be the first international team home. No

Not breaking the bank for Levitre was the right move. Wrong

We NEED a new stadium. Eh

Stevie is the man, and doesn't deserve the criticism he receives on here. Nope

I would be fine with the NFL contracting 2 teams. NO

Playoffs need to expand to 16 teams

I note that you were struck dead before you could even finish that sentence. Kiko knows all.

Kiko is Chuck Norris' Dad!

Seattle is who they are because of our horrible personnel decisions.

Russell Wilson is the sole reason Buddy Nix was a garbage GM.

:worthy::lol:

Disagree with about half of this but Ted Washington is the best NT ever and should be in the Hall for it.

Imo, EJ is a bust, he shows flashes of being decent at times, but will never be consistent. The FO drafted him to try a last ditch effort to keep fans interested, but as we all see it's same old crap just a different year. Mario was a good move for us. Pettine was an awesome move, but I don't believe he will be in Buffalo for very long. I wish Andy Reid was our head coach. Finally, if Manziel enters the draft, I say we take him! We are going to have another top 10 pick after this season ends.