could be worse

nuklz2594

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another positive note....Jets and Patriots lost and Dolphins likely lose too this week so we haven't lost any ground in the standings.

So far this year EJ has established himself as a decent game manager for a running team. He has a ways to go but he has been improving. If the Bills pick up a QB who can at least keep us on track, the season may not be a complete waste. I keep thinking that getting some of our injured defenders back on the field could be huge.

We don't need Payton Manning to play for us on offense but a good game manager could keep us on track to at least compete. Wonder who will be practicing this week behind center.

Another positive note....Jets and Patriots lost and Dolphins likely lose too this week so we haven't lost any ground in the standings.

So far this year EJ has established himself as a decent game manager for a running team. He has a ways to go but he has been improving. If the Bills pick up a QB who can at least keep us on track, the season may not be a complete waste. I keep thinking that getting some of our injured defenders back on the field could be huge.

We don't need Payton Manning to play for us on offense but a good game manager could keep us on track to at least compete. Wonder who will be practicing this week behind center.

correct

things could be worse. we could be the jags. joekel done for year with broken ankle. traded away monroe. gabbert is the qb. ball boys are practicing at wr.

Six years ago the Jags were a game from the Super Bowl.

As bad as it is there, the culture of losing is more deeply engrained here. We would still be sporting the AFC East champions t-shirts from that year if we were that close to a SB in the last decade. :lol:

Yeah it could be worse. Haven't we gotten sick of that as a barometer for a Bills season? Unfortunately there is only one QB out there capable of keeping the season on track. He may choose another team as we didn't have the foresight to trade for him for a small price last week. If Freeman goes elsewhere, don't forget that fact. I like EJ, but QB's get hurt and there is nothing yet saying he will be a star in the league. This front office is a FA's decision away from completely screwing the pooch on yet another year.

Wow... I had no idea that Josh Freeman, good as he may be, is the only thing standing between the Bills and armageddon. It seems that EJ's injury has not been nearly as serious as the Bills fan base's Sprained Sense of Proportion.

You got it the other way around. Fans of other bad teams use the Bills as THEIR proportion reality check. When it comes to playoff appearances in the 21st century, the Bills stand alone as the most futile.

ZERO.

It's nothing to hang head about....it should be motivation to go the extra mile to change that. Unfortunately, the organizational sense of urgency gets re-set with each new set of unproven or proven failures they hire to coach the team.

Wow... I had no idea that Josh Freeman, good as he may be, is the only thing standing between the Bills and armageddon. It seems that EJ's injury has not been nearly as serious as the Bills fan base's Sprained Sense of Proportion.

The longest active non playoff season streak in the NFL will do that to any sense of proportion. So will going into an NFL season with a rookie QB and undrafted Tuel as the backup. The Bills front office has led us to the precipice once again.

Well, Badol, this is a re-set, and pretty early in it too. I have no idea how it will turn out, and neither does anyone else.

All I do know is that the Bills will win some games, lose others, and in the end every one of us will die after struggling through this vale of tears. How we feel about what happens in the meantime is a series of choices. To claim that one signing is going to decide everything is not rational analysis, but a choice based on emotion, a choice to be disappointed before any results are measured. It's not any more realistic than a hope for better days, and a lot less fun.

But I hope all of us will have better days, even the gloomiest of pre-emptive surrenderers. Cheers! :beer:

As my old man used to say, "It could be worse. You could have syphilis".

Seriously, though, you don't need to tell a bunch of die-hard Bills fans that it could be worse. If there's one thing we know all about, it worseness.

I would much rather be the Jags than the Bills. They're going to have Bridgewater or Manziel at QB next season and they have a smart, billionaire owner that knows how to think long-term.

The Jags are going to follow the Colts' blueprint of two seasons ago. Flirt with 0-16, get their QB, and then turn things right around.

I'm sure two seasons ago, Bills fans were like, "At least we're not as bad as the Colts." Look at them now.

I would much rather be the Jags than the Bills. They're going to have Bridgewater or Manziel at QB next season and they have a smart, billionaire owner that knows how to think long-term.

The Jags are going to follow the Colts' blueprint of two seasons ago. Flirt with 0-16, get their QB, and then turn things right around.

And play in London.

By the way, if EJ turns into a top-10 (or even top-15) QB I'd much rather be the Bills. Russ Brandon and Doug Whaley appear to have their sights set on long-term as well. A billionaire owner can't circumvent the salary cap.

the only thing worse wold be if there were 12-16 games left instead of 11. The season is dead on the vine and at least the Jags have the future to look forward to at the #1 pick. EJ has not shown anything to me yet and we still won't know by the end of the season. With the Sabres looking like they might have the worst team in decades, I would say brace yourself to Buffalo sports fans because it is only going to get worse.....