could be worse

nuklz2594

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would much rather be the Jags than the Bills. They're going to have Bridgewater or Manziel at QB next season and they have a smart, billionaire owner that knows how to think long-term.

The Jags are going to follow the Colts' blueprint of two seasons ago. Flirt with 0-16, get their QB, and then turn things right around.

I'm sure two seasons ago, Bills fans were like, "At least we're not as bad as the Colts." Look at them now.

Great point. The Bills' rookie QB almost beat Brady in the opener, beat the SB champs, led a last second drive for a win, and was leading the Bills to a go ahead TD late in a primetime game. Yet, he sucks and every college QB will be better. The Bills have no talent and are the worst team ever.

yes it could be MUCH worse. How can people whine about the Bills being 2-3 when they have played relatively well?

Surely they weren't expecting the Bills to be 5-0 with a 2 rookie QB's a new HC, a new OC, a new DC, a new defensive scheme.

Just look at the GIANTS!!!!

yes it could be MUCH worse. How can people whine about the Bills being 2-3 when they have played relatively well?

Surely they weren't expecting the Bills to be 5-0 with a 2 rookie QB's a new HC, a new OC, a new DC, a new defensive scheme.

Just look at the GIANTS!!!!

Another great point...and look at Schaub, Cutler, Newton...the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I would much rather be the Jags than the Bills. They're going to have Bridgewater or Manziel at QB next season and they have a smart, billionaire owner that knows how to think long-term.

The Jags are going to follow the Colts' blueprint of two seasons ago. Flirt with 0-16, get their QB, and then turn things right around.

I'm sure two seasons ago, Bills fans were like, "At least we're not as bad as the Colts." Look at them now.

Really? He's already fired Two HC's and a GM in 2 years on the job. Sounds like hes a quick fix guy. If they go 0-16 this year (which they very well could) expect another change

Another great point...and look at Schaub, Cutler, Newton...the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

If you don't follow the rest of the league then the grass may appear greener on this side of the fence. The Texans have been to the playoffs the past 2 seasons, Cutler has taken the Bears to an NFC Championship game in his time there and the Bears look like a playoff team again this season. The Bills haven't earned the right to be able to evaluate their performance without accounting for 13 years of utter futility.

If you don't follow the rest of the league then the grass may appear greener on this side of the fence. The Texans have been to the playoffs the past 2 seasons, Cutler has taken the Bears to an NFC Championship game in his time there and the Bears look like a playoff team again this season. The Bills haven't earned the right to be able to evaluate their performance without accounting for 13 years of utter futility.

You seem to miss my point. Did I comment on their teams or just the QB?? Schaub, Cutler and Newton are underperforming and EJ has been a nice surprise as a rookie. As far as the 0-5 Giants, I agree, they have won a Superbowl or two in the last 13 years, but misery loves company.

The past is the past; let's talk about what teams (and their QBs) are doing NOW. The Texans are 2-3 yet "should" be 0-5, and Schaub just set an NFL record with his 4th straight game with a pick 6. Cutler started hot but is regressing; they lost badly to NO yesterday (last minute TD to make the score look closer notwithstanding). The Giants are battling Jacksonville for worst team honors.

I'd rather be a Bills fan, looking at our current roster, than a fan of any of those other three teams.

You seem to miss my point. Did I comment on their teams or just the QB?? Schaub, Cutler and Newton are underperforming and EJ has been a nice surprise as a rookie. As far as the 0-5 Giants, I agree, they have won a Superbowl or two in the last 13 years, but misery loves company.

EJ hasn't been a suprise at all. Look at the performance of recent rookie/young QB's. Young QB's in the NFL are now put in position to succeed like never before. And for a guy like Peyton Manning, this passer friendly league is like shooting fish in a barrel for a guy who was brought up in much tougher time in league history. You are grading EJ on a curve that is no longer in use by the rest of the NFL.....but that is a problem here......it's been so long since the Bills have won that many Bills fans are totally out of touch with the new NFL.

The past is the past; let's talk about what teams (and their QBs) are doing NOW. The Texans are 2-3 yet "should" be 0-5, and Schaub just set an NFL record with his 4th straight game with a pick 6. Cutler started hot but is regressing; they lost badly to NO yesterday (last minute TD to make the score look closer notwithstanding). The Giants are battling Jacksonville for worst team honors.

I'd rather be a Bills fan, looking at our current roster, than a fan of any of those other three teams.

We can also look to the future, where they will probably be good again before we are.

Another positive note....Jets and Patriots lost and Dolphins likely lose too this week so we haven't lost any ground in the standings.

So far this year EJ has established himself as a decent game manager for a running team. He has a ways to go but he has been improving. If the Bills pick up a QB who can at least keep us on track, the season may not be a complete waste. I keep thinking that getting some of our injured defenders back on the field could be huge.

We don't need Payton Manning to play for us on offense but a good game manager could keep us on track to at least compete. Wonder who will be practicing this week behind center.

I wouldn't get too cocky just yet, they still have to play tonight, hopefully Atlanta plays like they should and beats them..........

Now why is assuming that others will "probably" be better than the Bills in the future a rational view? I am all for realism, but there is no need for gratuitous, self-flagellatory negativity!

I'm storing that one away for future reference. I will give you props when it is invoked.

people seriously think that one player is going to turn around that franchise in Jacksonville? The Colts already had a core/base in place when they lucked into Luck. The jags are a complete mess of a team. So what if they have the #1 pick, how many of the guys who were locks to be the #1 pick and great players come in and bombed?