Bills QB search - Dixon, White visit, Carr talked with, Freeman out

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JasonLaCanfora

Bills working out 2 QBs Sun and monitoring Freeman situation (though doesn't sound like Josh heading there): http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24024224/with-qb-ej-manuel-out-bills-to-look-at-pat-white-dennis-dixon …

Read that. My question is who better positioned to land him? Jacksonville is the only team that comes to mind. But we offer a better team, organization.

Some rumors popped up today that he was heading there...his former OC who he played well under is also there so that adds to the speculation

I would be shocked if Bills sign him. They are married to EJ so I don't see them bringing anyone in that could possibly challenge him

What could happen though is Freeman signs with Oakland and Bills end up with Flynn somehow

How could Flynn come here? Besides the fact he is terrible.

Read that. My question is who better positioned to land him? Jacksonville is the only team that comes to mind. But we offer a better team, organization.

I agree with you and I have to believe an immediate chance to start would be attractive to Freeman

I really hope we land Freeman, he is not even that bad. Was just in a bad situation in Tampa. Look at his stats last year. Freeman and EJ have very similar builds and won't have to change much in the offense for either of them, Freeman has a bomb arm and can run decently as well.

Edited by Awwufelloff

I really hope we land Freeman, he is not even that bad. Was just in a bad situation in Tampa. Look at his stats last year. Freeman and EJ have very similar builds and won't have to change much in the offense for either of them, Freeman has a bomb arm and can run decently as well.

His situation wasn't that bad. He had a good oline, 2 stud receivers and a good run game.

I agree with you and I have to believe an immediate chance to start would be attractive to Freeman

One would think...

He's not going to see the field in Oakland this season as long as Pryor is healthy and they unload Flynn...How is that going to help him in Free Agency this coming off season? The current situation in Buffalo is as rare an opportunity a just released vet QB going into Free Agency is ever going to get...Honestly, I would think if Freeman is really a competitor he's begging to come to Buffalo right about now... B-)

His situation wasn't that bad. He had a good oline, 2 stud receivers and a good run game.

True...And a complete nut job for a HC... ;)

It interesting how quickly we as fans are to just dismiss Freeman coming here.....

Instead of looking at it on our side look at it from what MIGHT be his point of view

- An immediate chance to start

- Anybody think they maybe Marrone would actually like to go with a vet this year and GROOM EJ? He gave Kolb every opportunity

- Backed up by pretty darn good defense

- And a strong running game

WInning games would def increase Freeman's value....what makes Oakland or yuk Jacks

True...And a complete nut job for a HC... ;)

That too. Schiano was more of a problem than Freeman, but imo, Tampa needed them both gone to move forward. They have a ton of talent.

But freeman isn't what you want. He has terrible work ethic and he won't work hard to learn the offense quickly like he should. Plus he is limited talent wise.

It interesting how quickly we as fans are to just dismiss Freeman coming here.....

Instead of looking at it on our side look at it from what MIGHT be his point of view

- An immediate chance to start

- Anybody think they maybe Marrone would actually like to go with a vet this year and GROOM EJ? He gave Kolb every opportunity

- Backed up by pretty darn good defense

- And a strong running game

WInning games would def increase Freeman's value....what makes Oakland or yuk Jacks

Exactly John...

The script is written for Freeman, all he needs to do is accept the role...A half-way effective stint in Buffalo over the next 6 weeks and he's probably the #1 QB available next offseason...

If he goes to Oakland there is a decent chance he never sees the field in 2013...The rumors about him will lag on, and he'll be looking for a back-up role in 2014...And the Raiders don't have the overall talent the Bills have either...To me it seems like a no-brainer for the kid...But who knows? B-)

That too. Schiano was more of a problem than Freeman, but imo, Tampa needed them both gone to move forward. They have a ton of talent.

But freeman isn't what you want. He has terrible work ethic and he won't work hard to learn the offense quickly like he should. Plus he is limited talent wise.

I agree Tampa has a lot of talent overall...

As far as Freeman's work ethic is concerned it depends on who you listen to...Some ex-coaches seem to love the kid...Schiano has done a great job to smear him...I have no idea who is right...It's up to Freeman to go out and prove he's viable...it's all on his shoulders now...I'll say this much...If he comes to Buffalo it shows me he's got ambition to prove his detractors wrong...If he goes to Oakland it just shows me he wants a comfy OC situation and a few game checks... B-)

There's still a chance. He is waiting to see what Pryor does tomorrow before making his decision. So he must still be considering Buffalo. Let's hope Pryor has an amazing game and locks up the starting role for foreseeable future

Some rumors popped up today that he was heading there...his former OC who he played well under is also there so that adds to the speculation

I would be shocked if Bills sign him. They are married to EJ so I don't see them bringing anyone in that could possibly challenge him

What could happen though is Freeman signs with Oakland and Bills end up with Flynn somehow

Mmmmm. Not so sure I agree Bills are "married to EJ". Whaley and Marrone play to win.

EJ will get his chance, and they won't diss him or cause distractions, but I don't think they'd have kept Kohl if they didn't perceive him as someone who could challenge EJ

Why exactly do we want to end up with Flynn somehow? He looked bad, just bad against the Redskins, prompting this news report:

"In the loss....(Flynn) absorbed seven sacks in large part because of indecision, lost a fumble and had another fumble that resulted in a change of possession on fourth down.

Allen, critical of Flynn after the loss, backed off somewhat during his Monday news conference, saying the defeat "was never about one guy."

During practice Wednesday, the guy the Raiders will pay $6.5 million this season on a restructured contract was watching McGloin take snaps with the second team.

Allen said he expected Flynn to continue to "battle and compete" but conceded, "It hasn't worked out like we anticipated, and we've got to make decisions, and we've got to move forward."

Let's review:

1) Flynn, a high priced FA, was beat out as the Seasnakes starting QB by a 3rd round rookie. OK, say you, but Wilson is special. Acknowledged.

2) Flynn is acquired by Oakland for 2 draft picks + $6.5 million salary

3) Flynn is now #3 on the depth chart behind an UDFA rookie

Why do we feel this guy would do good things for us?