Bills QB search - Dixon, White visit, Carr talked with, Freeman out

If EJ was not coming back this year, I would be all for bringing the circus to town. I would rather watch something interesting as a fan, and this would be interesting. Forget about whether it makes sense, it would be entertaining and make the Bills relevant. However... with EJ slated to return, you cannot bring in a big ego/head case. This is a developmental year and he needs to play after his 3-8 weeks off(hopefully the lower end). So let's go with whomever has the lowest tendency to throw INTs, but will still be benched when EJ returns.

If Favre were to come in we instantly become playoff contenders. He'd also be the unquestioned starter for the balance of the year. That's okay though. There won't be a QB controversy b/c he won't be back next year, EJ will continue to practice and learn, & next year he starts for a team that knows what it feels like to win. It would be a perfect solution for us.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of these three I think Dixon is the best option. He ran Chip Kelly's offense very well and has a 2-1 record in tne NFL. He has some experience and I think he could get us through a few weeks. Am sure Whaley has the lowdown on him from when he was in Pitt. Not at all interested in old man Favre. He has been out of football for years and is he really in playing shape? But the Bills would do it to sell jerseys. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind him mentoring EJ for awhile!

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Sterling Sharpe, isn't so much of either right now.

Seek professional help, m'man :cry:

I think it makes sense you would feel that way, though. It's sort of like Merriman. We all remember what he was, and feel "wow, if he could just bring 70% of that he would shine here and now". The memory of what was overshadows the reality of what likely is today.

I understand what youre saying but there is no comparison between merriman and favre in terms of how their careers ended.

If Favre were to come in we instantly become playoff contenders. He'd also be the unquestioned starter for the balance of the year. That's okay though. There won't be a QB controversy b/c he won't be back next year, EJ will continue to practice and learn, & next year he starts for a team that knows what it feels like to win. It would be a perfect solution for us.

There is a tendency to forget what Farve's last few years looked like. They weren't that pretty. I doubt he would get the Bills to the playoffs. And his arm, although it was one of the best ever, is now even older.

I think Dixon and Freeman are both better choices. Sometimes retreads work. Jim Plunkett anyone?

There is a tendency to forget what Farve's last few years looked like. They weren't that pretty. I doubt he would get the Bills to the playoffs. And his arm, although it was one of the best ever, is now even older.

I think Dixon and Freeman are both better choices. Sometimes retreads work. Jim Plunkett anyone?

Favre's last year he was still banged up to start the season, continued to get more banged up and it got ugly. The year before he had an MVP worthy season.

If Favre were to come in we instantly become playoff contenders.

Oh, come now

Out of these three I think Dixon is the best option. He ran Chip Kelly's offense very well and has a 2-1 record in tne NFL. He has some experience and I think he could get us through a few weeks. Am sure Whaley has the lowdown on him from when he was in Pitt. Not at all interested in old man Favre. He has been out of football for years and is he really in playing shape? But the Bills would do it to sell jerseys. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind him mentoring EJ for awhile!

Rumor Rodgers has it Favre wasn't exactly the greatest shakes as a mentor

If Freeman turns down Buffalo, then he has Billy Volek disease and is not someone I would want QBing this team.

?? Billy Volek disease ?? I doan gettit, explain please?

Why do people want to bring in Dixon or White to run a completely run-oriented O and not giving any consideration to Tebow?

I know Tebow has been beaten like a dead horse around here but he has at least proven that he can win while doing it.

The other option which may not be such a bad idea, assuming EJ will be out for closer to 8 weeks, is just let Tuel bring in the loses and then get a high draft pick- which hopefully will be clowny.

If Favre could make any team a playoff contender why would he retire?

He retired because he couldn't play at a high level anymore.

This is the opposite side of the "the Bills want to trade Byrd for Ryan Nassib"- coin.

Instead of bringing a 3rd rookie to a team with no veteran QB, to replace an inexperienced rookie, that replaced an injured rookie, the Favre fans think a 44 year old QB, who has been retired since 2010, is a good choice, and will instantly make the Bills a playoff contender.

Let's bring back Jim Kelly is about the only suggestion that could be more ridiculous.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Why do people want to bring in Dixon or White to run a completely run-oriented O and not giving any consideration to Tebow?

I know Tebow has been beaten like a dead horse around here but he has at least proven that he can win while doing it.

The other option which may not be such a bad idea, assuming EJ will be out for closer to 8 weeks, is just let Tuel bring in the loses and then get a high draft pick- which hopefully will be clowny.

Haters gonna hate. It doesn't make sense to me either.