Whaley and the trade deadline - is it time to trade Spiller?

Dragonborn10

123 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Trade Byrd
    • Trade Spiller
    • Trade FJ
    • Trade Stevie
    • Trade any other player
    • Make no moves

I have to say I would trade Spiller.

Cleveland took a lot of heat for trading Trent Richardson but they got good value for him. Spiller and RB's are not the answer in the NFL. They aren't even in the question anymore. As many on here point out, their ability to pass block is probably more important than their ability to run. This team has only one asset of any value - Spiller.

Go ahead and accuse me of trading away the good players. I ask you what is the chance he resigns with the team? At 6 yards a carry last year how many wins did that translate into? This team needs multiple OL, multiple TE's, a gamebreaking WR, two DB's, and now a DE.

It is time to make up for yet another bad decsion by Nix and build this team around the o-line, EJ, and the passing game like every other succesful team is doing.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Continue to build through the draft. Anyone that thought we would be 3-0 by now is just fooling themselves

I'm so happy that I'm not a Jets fan right now, at least we're getting slapped with reality early. They're gonna be planning for their parade when they're mathematically eliminated week 10.

Continue to build through the draft. Anyone that thought we would be 3-0 by now is just fooling themselves

Where ? How? Trade up/down? What position do you target? OL, WR, TE, DB?

How long do you want to rebuild?

They have been building through the draft with 5 different GM's for over a decade.

Cleveland took a lot of heat for trading Trent Richardson but they got good value for him. Spiller and RB's are not the answer in the NFL. They aren't even in the question anymore. As many on here point out, their ability to pass block is probably more important than their ability to run. This team has only one asset of any value - Spiller.

Go ahead and accuse me of trading away the good players. I ask you what is the chance he resigns with the team? At 6 yards a carry last year how many wins did that translate into? This team needs multiple OL, multiple TE's, a gamebreaking WR, two DB's, and now a DE.

It is time to make up for yet another bad decsion by Nix and build this team around the o-line, EJ, and the passing game like every other succesful team is doing.

If RBs "are not the answer in the NFL" and blocking is more important than running, why would anyone be interested in trading for him? And since RBs aren't valued, how can Spiller be the "one asset of any value"?

I didn't just shake my head at this thread, I actually got pissed. Give me a freaking break- the guy was arguably the second best running back in the NFL last year and you want to trade him after three games- one of which he ran for 100 yards? You want to become the Browns and have our front office send us the message that they're throwing in the towel on this season? Yeah that'll go over well. Get outta here man. No really, get outta here.

Brutal week for threads. The terrible ones just keep coming.

These are the types of weeks I love visiting here. It's like hitting yourself with a hammer just to remind yourself why you stopped doing it in the first place.

Edited by Chef Jim

If RBs "are not the answer in the NFL" and blocking is more important than running, why would anyone be interested in trading for him? And since RBs aren't valued, how can Spiller be the "one asset of any value"?

It only takes one team in need. Green Bay will be in a fight with Chicago all season for the division. They are hurt at RB. They are in the win now mode. Gore looks old and slow in San Francisco. Atlanta is in win now mode, they are 1-2, and Stephen Davis is hurt.

I didn't just shake my head at this thread, I actually got pissed. Give me a freaking break- the guy was arguably the second best running back in the NFL last year and you want to trade him after three games- one of which he ran for 100 yards? You want to become the Browns and have our front office send us the message that they're throwing in the towel on this season? Yeah that'll go over well. Get outta here man. No really, get outta here.

What message did the FO send when they became the first franchise ever to have only two rookie QB's on the roster? You are delusional if you think this team can make the playoffs. A loss to Baltimore and a division loss to Miami and it is over. Second best running back in the NFL - six wins.

The NFL of just a decade ago is gone forever and you all need to wake up to that fact. It is safer and more productive to throw it 45 times a game. The run exists only to keep teams honest, make 3rd downs managable, and burn clock in the fourth quarter. Teams that rush the ball more than 20 times a game do so because they convert third downs and sustain drives. The NFL you want is gone forever unless they change the rules for DB's.

I hope Whaley understands this. My hunch is he does not coming from Pittsburgh.

It only takes one team in need. Green Bay will be in a fight with Chicago all season for the division. They are hurt at RB. They are in the win now mode. Gore looks old and slow in San Francisco. Atlanta is in win now mode, they are 1-2, and Stephen Davis is hurt.

Wow, I don't know what is more shocking, Stephen Davis still being in the league or FireChan comparing Slaton to Spiller.

I agree but who do want to trade him for? I doubt another club will give us a first rounder?

We would be if we traded for Alex Smith like I wanted.

I agree but who do want to trade him for? I doubt another club will give us a first rounder?

I would settle for no less than a first for Spiller and a second for Byrd. I think the two teams now would be Atlanta and Green Bay. They are both in win now mode and neither have a running game. The problem with the Atlanta scenario is their defense has no pass rush and they may not want to part with a high pick knowing they need to draft for defense next year. Green Bay also needs defensive help but their defense is adequate enough to win now. I just don't think Green Bay would give up a first round pick having just invested in Lacey. If I said Indy last week would trade a number one for Richardson would you have believed me? Dallas if Murray gets hurt again could be an option as well. Lot's of if's in that scenario but he missed significant time last year with a foot injury. Dallas looks good enough to win a weak NFC East.

We would be if we traded for Alex Smith like I wanted.

Cleveland getting good value for Richardson is highly debatable. They traded a high 3rd round pick to move up one slot in the 1st to draft him last year. A year later they trade him for what will probably be a late 1st round pick in 2014. They got trade-raped pure and simple. Trading Spiller now would be worse...we'd not get good value for him value.