Bills All 22

Fan in Chicago

All-22 Review - Bills/Steelers - EJ's Return: http://www.wgr550.co...tentId=14169401

EJ Manuel’s return to the Buffalo Bills lineup did not go the way that many had hoped it would. Jeremy White’s All-22 gives a good look at all the ways the Steelers tried to fool the Bills rookie, and what must improve going forward.

Very little went right for the Buffalo Bills on Sunday in Pittsburgh. EJ Manuel finished out with a very forgettable stat line of 22 of 39, for 155 yards, with one touchdown and one interception. He becomes the latest QB to fall victim to Dick Lebeau. The Steelers DC is in the Hall of Fame (Class of 2010) and Sunday he certainly looked the part.

Let’s start here: EJ Manuel can be much better.

Yep.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All-22 Review - Bills/Jets - Dominant D and a Bounce Back QB

The Bills put together their finest performance in dismantling the Jets on Sunday. A harassing pass rush flustered Geno Smith enough to force four turnovers, while EJ Manuel put on his best show. Bills Coach Doug Marrone suggests that CJ Spiller might want to go yell at the linemen. Is he right? Jeremy White breaks down the All-22.

The point on Goodwin is a good one. The more he keeps beating supposedly top defenses deep the more they will sit off him and he will become an option for EJ on those short and intermediate routes that keep the chains moving. Just gotta make sure we get him on the field more on those downs even when Woods and Stevie are fit.

Edited by GunnerBill

That Byrd sack was awesome. I saw somewhere a post that said he only makes play against inferior opponents, but that sack clearly shows that he has great instincts.

That Goodwin touchdown is comical. You can almost hear the DB saying "oh s*** !" to himself.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

The point on Goodwin is a good one. The more he keeps beating supposedly top defenses deep the more they will sit off him and he will become an option for EJ on those short and intermediate routes that keep the chains moving. Just gotta make sure we get him on the field more on those downs even when Woods and Stevie are fit.

He could turn out to be our Mike Wallace when he was with the Steelers.

I love these things. It shows some good things but then some frustrating things, like Spiller. How far he's fallen, but it appears its not just him. We need to shoot off the ball on the line. Show a mean streak and road grade!

I think Even Eric Wood had a bad game against the Run last Sunday. He was getting pushed around. The Jets have a fantastic front four.

I love these things. It shows some good things but then some frustrating things, like Spiller. How far he's fallen, but it appears its not just him. We need to shoot off the ball on the line. Show a mean streak and road grade!

I've been hard on Spiller for making the wrong reads but those gifs show how putrid the OL was on some of those runs vs. the Jets. Sometimes you'd get multiple linemen not getting a hat on anybody. That's just pathetic.

Why is Lee Smith on team? He can't block or catch!

The Lions signed Scorin Dorin today... cue the outrage threads!

I've been hard on Spiller for making the wrong reads but those gifs show how putrid the OL was on some of those runs vs. the Jets. Sometimes you'd get multiple linemen not getting a hat on anybody. That's just pathetic.

Marrone sees it and as a former OL that is why he told CJ to get on them. I love this approach. Not just one person is accountable. Everyone is accountable.

Looks like almost none of it is his fault. Maybe the play calling is giving cues that if CJ is in he's getting the ball but the O line is missing blocks, badly

Some All-22 analysis at buffalorumblings. It's what many of us have been saying about EJ all year. He's shown some savvy in the passing game that others around here take for granted.

And yeah, I'll toot my own horn about his pass to Chandler against NE to set up Woods' TD. I've been saying since he did it, that's a major league throw and NOBODY we've had in a long time can make it.

When this kid plays with confidence, he's a terrific QB. And I look for that confidence to grow big time as he matures.

http://www.buffaloru...-throws#4033151

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Upon Further Review: Bills vs Jets

The Buffalo Bills finished last weekend with their most complete victory of the season, a 37-14 win over the rival New York Jets that featured a lot of positive moments to take away. The team received solid performances from most units on the field and they'll look to continue that string of good play when the team gets back from their bye week.

Before the Bills get the weekend off and all of next week to prepare for the Atlanta Falcons, first is a look back at the team's most recent win over the Jets. For any player that took a snap on offense or defense, here is a look back at how they fared on the field.

Every week, with the help of the All-22 film available through NFL.com's Game Rewind package, WGR will provide the standouts, the duds and everything in between from the game that was.

Previous Installments:

Week 1 - New England 23, Buffalo 21

Week 2 - Buffalo 24, Carolina 23

Week 3 - New York Jets 27, Buffalo 20

Week 4 - Buffalo 23, Baltimore 20

Week 5 - Cleveland 37, Buffalo 24

Week 6 - Cincinnati 27, Buffalo 24

Week 7 - Buffalo 23 Miami 21

Week 8 - New Orleans 35, Buffalo 17

Week 9 - Kansas City 23, Buffalo 13

Week 10 - Pittsburgh 23, Buffalo 10

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Buffalo Bills running game issues: an All-22 look

The Buffalo Bills ran for just 68 yards on 38 carries in their 37-14 win over the New York Jets in Week 11. What went wrong for the Bills? Well, just about everything.

You are always on the ball with posting these--thanks, man.

As to the analysis itself, I don't know what to think. Should we just discount this, because it was against the #1 run defense in the NFL?

If I took away anything, it's that we can't run any counters against these guys-- their d-line is too big and quick.

For once--and I think this is important--no one can say that we abandoned the run even though it wasn't working. I don't like the results, but I like that they kept giving the ball to the RBs and sending them into that wall. Make the D respect the running game even though it goes nowhere, and send a message to your O line that they will become a line to run behind. Someday.

I like that game plan.

For once--and I think this is important--no one can say that we abandoned the run even though it wasn't working. I don't like the results, but I like that they kept giving the ball to the RBs and sending them into that wall. Make the D respect the running game even though it goes nowhere, and send a message to your O line that they will become a line to run behind. Someday.

I like that game plan.

Maybe, but it might help both the run and pass game's effectiveness if they didn't run the ball EVERY time on first down. They need to mix it up just a little.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro