Bills All 22

Fan in Chicago

Simply one of the worst decisions by a QB you'll ever see. It wasn't the play call, it was the execution. Sickening.

Gotta agree:

@NFL_ATL

Stevie Johnson: Chiefs' Sean Smith lucked into pick six http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000277006/article/stevie-johnson-chiefs-sean-smith-lucked-into-interception?campaign=Twitter_atl …

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta agree:

@NFL_ATL

Stevie Johnson: Chiefs' Sean Smith lucked into pick six http://www.nfl.com/n...er_atl …

Looking at that play in closely, it makes you really feel how snake-bit the Bills are. The only reason Smith was there for the INT was because he got shake a baked out of his shoes and almost fell over. The ball landed in his lap. Tuel expected him to follow SJ which he should have done. Had Stevie not abused Smith it likely would have been pass interference on the DB jumped over Graham's back and knocked him down.

Looking at the play it's really a nicely designed short yardage play. The mistake Tuel made was deciding pre-snap he was going to go to Graham no matter what. Had he hesitated just a moment he could have made the proper decision.

Looking at that play in closely, it makes you really feel how snake-bit the Bills are. The only reason Smith was there for the INT was because he got shake a baked out of his shoes and almost fell over. The ball landed in his lap. Tuel expected him to follow SJ which he should have done. Had Stevie not abused Smith it likely would have been pass interference on the DB jumped over Graham's back and knocked him down.

Looking at the play it's really a nicely designed short yardage play. The mistake Tuel made was deciding pre-snap he was going to go to Graham no matter what. Had he hesitated just a moment he could have made the proper decision.

Yep. But it's so much easier to just blame the coach - you don't even have to know much about football.

Completely legal...ball hadn't left Tuel's hand and Graham was within 5 yards of the LOS.

Nah, he knocked him down right at the ball was being intercepted. It's debatable whether the ball was still in the air or in Smith's hands but you're not going to get the refs to call that and he shouldn't.

Yep.

Hackett couldn't have put him in a better position to succeed. As he had all game. He had options on that play by design. Tuel wasn't up to it.

GO BILLS!!!

Smith is one lucky bastard!

That's what I am feeling, too. That and Tuel really wasn't in that bad a spot. This is on him. I can understand a rookie deciding where to go with the ball pre-snap. But I don't get deciding to throw it pre-snap without thinking about where the defenders are. Having one read doesn't mean throw it no matter what.

kj

Yep.

Hackett couldn't have put him in a better position to succeed. As he had all game. He had options on that play by design. Tuel wasn't up to it.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm still not a fan of that play call with that QB and that time though. You have to minimize the importance of a guy making his first career start and you do that by going ultra conservative. I've been defending Hackett's handling of the offense against all the conservative offense haters because I think that's the right way to bring along young QBs. Hackett forgot his own philosophy on that play.

@JoeBuscaglia

I'm only halfway through the 1st quarter of the All-22 review, but the #Bills need to get DL Stefan Charles on the field more. Monster.

@JoeBuscaglia

Wow. Marquise Goodwin from stop to start on TD got by DB & down 32 yards in 4.00 seconds (unofficial) to where he made the catch. Ridiculous

Very interesting! I didn't notice him. Did anyone else?

I'll have to go take another look. . . .

I'm still not a fan of that play call with that QB and that time though. You have to minimize the importance of a guy making his first career start and you do that by going ultra conservative. I've been defending Hackett's handling of the offense against all the conservative offense haters because I think that's the right way to bring along young QBs. Hackett forgot his own philosophy on that play.

I don't agree that Tuel needed to be any more minimized than he was. Tuel was well protected with a running game and not asked to do anything exotic on the field. There were plays to be made and he made a few. Hackett didn't ask him to do anything he hadn't practiced and prepared for.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't agree that Tuel needed to be any more minimized than he was. Tuel was well protected with a running game and not asked to do anything exotic on the field. There were plays to be made and he made a few. Hackett didn't ask him to do anything he hadn't practiced and prepared for.GO BILLS!!!

Great way to analyze the situation. In addition to the pick six, the deep balls Tuel was short on were real missed opportunities. The Bills should have beaten the spit out of KC.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

What's weird is that EJ himself has never run such a complicated play down near the goal line. It's always been fades, boots, one-option plays for EJ. But Hackett has a play where Tuel has 3 options, and is criticized because he didn't go to option No. 3 (with a defender about to sack him). Bad play call.

Great way to analyze the situation. In addition to the pick six, the deep balls Tuel was short on were real missed opportunities. The Bills should have beaten the spit out of KC.

They pretty much did beat the spit out of them everywhere but the scoreboard. KC will be coming down to earth soon. They've lucked out all season. How many backup QBs have they seen this year? How many close games?

GO BILLS!!!

What's weird is that EJ himself has never run such a complicated play down near the goal line. It's always been fades, boots, one-option plays for EJ. But Hackett has a play where Tuel has 3 options, and is criticized because he didn't go to option No. 3 (with a defender about to sack him). Bad play call.

That was not a complicated play by any stretch of the imagination.

GO BILLS!!!