marcel dareus performance

saundena

Phew... what a game! This was the type of gane that we used to lose!

Anyway, curious to know the thoughts of the folks who hace a better football eye than I regarding big MD. I thiught his rookie uear was promising but ever since he's taken a lot of heat from folks on the board.

Today, I think was one of the best games we played on D in years. How much of it was MDs doing? I know mario had a fantastic game and i saw a few plays that Darius was doubleteamed... Which perhaps helped mario have the kind of game that he had....Also, he seemed to get some QB pressures too, at least from what i could see from watching the game in a bar!

Discuss

Unlike Bills defenses of the past few years, most good teams stop a lot of runs. A lot of 1-3 yard gains and a few for a loss.

For most of the game the Bills were doing this today (despite Carolina not running a lot). One reason for it is coaching...players

held their lanes and filled their holes. They were where they were supposed to be. But at one point in the game I realized that

Kyle and Marcel were totally clogging up the middle. The two of them were outstanding against the run today and they both

were able to get some pressure on the QB as well. Dareus might not show up big in the stat sheet for this one, but I thought he

played a really solid game.

The other good thing to take into account is undoubtedly the next game will see the OL play shift toward Mario Williams who clearly demands a double (of not triple with a little chip block from an OL player with primary responsibility elsewhere. I suspect we may see even better play from Dareus and the rest of the DL as Mario demands more attention.

people need to stop mentioning that he was the number 3 pick - that was not his choice, that was the bills choice - he can only play to what his potential is, not any other number 3 picks potential at a different position

yes I would think you would want either a play maker or a franchise cornerstone from the number 3 spot - both of which Dareus COULD turn into - but for now we have to settle for him doing his job and making plays, which he did not do last year for various reasons (not making excuses, I was just as dissapointed in him as the next guy last year) - but there is room for growth and perhaps he could turn into a playmaker or a cornerstone

but enough with the where he was drafted crap - if he does his job and makes plays and helps turn this defense into a top NFL unit, then hes OK in my book

takes a second to use Google

Here's the thing, some people aren't quite as concerned as yourself and others on this board. I have made the mistake of spelling big daddy's name wrong, its just not the way people think when they spell it out in their head. It's ok, its not that big a deal. No need for naziism (sp? lol).

Here's the thing, some people aren't quite as concerned as yourself and others on this board. I have made the mistake of spelling big daddy's name wrong, its just not the way people think when they spell it out in their head. It's ok, its not that big a deal. No need for naziism (sp? lol).

I agree. Wasn't trying to be a smartass. Some of us take the extra time and some don't. It's not really a big deal.

I still can't believe how much grief he was given in the 1st place. He's seen more heart ache at 23 than most people seen in their entire life. He also has played for DC's who weren't creative.

He's to hoping that MD is becoming the player who dominated the title game. He would be a game changer for this D.