Will the Carolina game be blacked out?

FluffHead

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree completely. Besides, the game will be rebroadcast, usually multiple times. Though I would cut people blacked out in Syracuse a little slack myself. Waaaaaaay past 75 miles away from the Ralph there.

If it gets blacked out, enjoy the day and watch it later.

In addition to the preposterous actual range of the blackout as you've noted, there are a non-trivial amount of people that simply cannot attend the game for a variety of legitimate reasons. People whose tax dollars have funded the Bills being here.

In short, I think any pro-sports organization that rely's on public funding should not be blacked out.

This is ridiculous. The game should be blacked out if it does not sell out. Lots of the members of this board travel 3+ hours each way to and from Bills games, and have season tickets that cannot be unloaded because local Bills fans are too lazy to go to the game. It's not a December game, it's a game against Cam Newton, with the Bills bringing a rookie QB who looks promising for the Bills and a rookie WR who looks good. The run D was also much improved. Get to the game or stop complaining.

I am over 80 google map miles from the Ralph and have neither the time or money to go to every game. NFL rules make me local.

If a home game is blacked out, oh well! Sucks to be me.

Who are you more annoyed with, the whiners who complain about the blackout or the lazy fans who make you eat your unused tickets? :oops:

Buffalo should just move. Fans can't even committ to go to the game when the weather is nice, the team is young and flashy, the opponent is weak, and the prices are cheapest in the league. Bills fans make me sick

Young and flashy!!! We prefer a winner. Satdium would be packed if they were a winning organization.

Winning will fix attendance issues. We looked good (it seems like we always look good to start every year) but last week's loss was the exact type of meltdown that we have seen over and over again the past thirteen years. Why pay for corner upper deck seats chock full of immature college students that picked up tickets with a Facebook deal when the experience at home is so much better?

HDTVs and cheap add-ons like sound bars have completely changed the landscape. Why pay a few hundred for tickets, $10 for a Bud, $6 for a hot dog, and go through the security hassles that the NFL just introduced when you can pay $225 or less for an entire season of Sunday Ticket, a few bucks for a great microbrew, and have your entire kitchen at your disposal for a party with friends? The NFL's in-stadium product is significantly behind their TV product... much has been written about it, but I think this season will be one of the first where we start to see the effects of this imbalance.

By my rough count from the Ticketmaster site, I'd say there are around 3,000 seats unsold on the map. If it really is just 3,000, I think either OBD or a sponsor buys the rest.

Or EJ does.

BigPappy

Edited by BigPappy

Buffalo should just move. Fans can't even committ to go to the game when the weather is nice, the team is young and flashy, the opponent is weak, and the prices are cheapest in the league. Bills fans make me sick

Weather may be nice but playing against a who cars team.

Team young and flashy, yea and looks looks like a JV team, making mistakes left and right.

Prices are cheap, in one of the smallest markets, experiencing a bad economy.

Still a big stadium. 11th largest with 3 less than 1000 bigger. 3 or more stadiums are 10,000 smaller.

Record holding playoff drought 3 years longer than the next team.

Its amazing the support the Bills get with such a crappy product.

Maybe you need a new team!!! Go away

Young and flashy!!! We prefer a winner. Satdium would be packed if they were a winning organization.

That is BS. If the Bills were winning, the excuse would be "I'm not convinced they are that good. I'm waiting to see if they make the playoffs." Don't believe me? What happened the last two times we were 5-1 or 4-2?

Bills fans = always an excuse.

PTR

Everytime I log onto facebook there is an ad for 15 dollars off tix to the Carolina game. Everytime I get on twitter the bills account is sending links to discounted tickets. Sure seems like tickets did not move well for this game. A week 2 tv blackout would certainly be embarrassing for the organization

Does anyone want to pay to see Carolina or pay for a sub par product??? Maybe if they won games, they'd sell out.

1,600 tix left

We do have some tickets to move, said Brandon, who appeared on the Howard Simon show on Bills flagship station WGR Sportsradio 550. We have about 1,600 tickets left remaining for the game. The deadline is Thursday at 1 pm. Tickets are moving and we're confident we'll be able to get the game sold out.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/09/11/1600-tickets-left-for-sundays-game/

Edited by papazoid

Does anyone want to pay to see Carolina or pay for a sub par product??? Maybe if they won games, they'd sell out.

I had to give up my season tickets a few years ago bc the cost wasn't worth it. I was paying over $100 a game with travel, ticket, etc... Regardless of what PTR says IT WAS the sub par product that made it not worthwhile. Now I pick a game or 2 that I want to see and make the trip. This year the game I wanted to see most WAS Carolina. Their D looks ferocious and I want to see Cam and Keuchly live.

I'm surprised that people didn't snap up the 2nd game of the year, especially since opening week was such a hot ticket. My thought is that many season ticket holders sold their tickets to this game as it is a tough trip back to back weeks for some people. When the secondary market is flooded the box office lags.

So maybe PTR should be mad at his fellow season ticket holders :nana: