ESPNs Power Ranking

They're not giving the Bills no love with a 30 ranking. The only teams worst than us were the Raiders and Jets. Teams like the Jags, Browns, Titans, Cards, Vikings, Dolphins, Rams, Bears, Panthers are ranked higher. Which of these teams do you feel we are better than?

I wouldn't give any concern at all to some sport site's rankings before a single game is played. The only rankings that count are the standings.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not giving the Bills no love with a 30 ranking. The only teams worst than us were the Raiders and Jets. Teams like the Jags, Browns, Titans, Cards, Vikings, Dolphins, Rams, Bears, Panthers are ranked higher. Which of these teams do you feel we are better than?

I know we're better than both the Colts and Vikings, we crushed them in the preseason!

that's why they play the games......

I don't know how anyone can disagree with this. We're going into the season with a rookie coach, rookie QB, rookie MLB (QB of Def), rookie WRs, we lost our best CB, we have zero OL depth, we have zero CB depth, our FS doesn't really want to be here and is injured... There isn't much on paper to go by. Hopefully the team proves the writers wrong when it comes to the real games.

We are who they think we are. Some Bills fans need thicker skin. Until we start winning, we will continue to be a laughing stock of the NFL.

Our Power Ranking depends on how you add up the question marks. New HC, OC, DC, QB... guys who are hurt... rookies... FAs... We may have more big questions than any other team in the NFL this year.

The cynics think there are too many questions.

Optimists like me see this is a lot of opportunity. If Marrone turns out to be a good HC... If Hackett turns out to be a good OC... If Pettine does well as a DC out of Rex's shadow... If EJ turns into a good NFL QB... If CJ can average 6 ypc again behind this line in this scheme... If some of the young WRs step up... If we learn that Wanny made the defensive players look bad with his simplistic schemes when really they're supremely talented... If Freddy has any gas left in the tank... If Gilmore gets healthy... This will be a great season. I'm excited to find out.

How many times have we shown we're better than the 3rd worst team?

That got to me. That statement there. I really...well, I really...I am not sure why?! So many times we have been on the up and up, doing well, looking like a good team and boom....we choke. We set our sail in the season, we come out like a firecracker only to run out and crap a game to the Browns 3-6.

funny how the individual QB rankings almost mirror the ESPN power team rankings

The Quarterback Index: Ranking the starters 1-32

Looking for development

26. EJ Manuel, Buffalo Bills

27. Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans

28. Brandon Weeden, Cleveland Browns

29. Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings

30. Geno Smith, New York Jets

31. Terrelle Pryor, Oakland Raiders

32. Blaine Gabbert, Jacksonville Jaguars

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237909/article/the-quarterback-index-ranking-the-starters-132

Edited by papazoid

2013 Draft Order: KC, Jax, Miami, Phili, Detroit, Cleveland, Arizona, BUFF #8

2012 Draft Order: Indy, Washington, Celeveland, Minnesota, Jax, Dallas, Tampa, Miami, Carolina, BUFF #10

2011 Draft Order: Carolina, Denver, BUFF #3

2010 Draft Order: St Louie, Detroit, Tampa, Washington, KC, Seattle, Cleveland, Oakland, BUFF #9

2009 Draft Order: Detroit, St Louie, KC, Seattle, NYJESTS, CINCI, Oakland, Jax, GreenBay, 49ers, BUFF #11

2008 Draft Order: Miami, St. Louis, Atlanta, Oakland, KC, NYJESTS, NO Saints, Jax, Cinci, Pats*, BUFF #11

2007 Draft Order: Oakland, Detroit, Cleveland, Tampa, Arizona, Washington, Minni, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, 49ers, BUFF #12

2006 Draft Order: BUFF#8

Year after year, we're not the worst, yet we're picked to be just about that.

If you care about these things, SI has the Bills at #27: http://sportsillustr...11_a2&eref=sihp

Buffalo Bills

Maybe EJ Manuel follows in the footsteps of Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III and Russell Wilson and sparks a rapid revival here. The safer bet is that Buffalo needs at least one more year to get the right players in place for new coach Doug Marrone.

This seems fair, though I'm personally hoping for quicker progress.

If I was writing the power ranking, I'd probably pen something like, "I put Buffalo here because I had to put them somewhere. It's hard to know what to expect from this edition of the Bills with a new HC, OC, DC and QB."