Bronco fans are pissed....

Just Jack

And rightly so, imagine if the NFL put a Brady banner on RWS.....

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/08/27/broncos-fans-fuming-over-joe-flacco-banners-in-denver/

DENVER (CBS4) – Whose house is it anyway? Huge banners featuring quarterbacks Peyton Manning and — Joe Flacco? — have been hung outside of Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Broncos fans are fine with Manning, but they want to know why the competing quarterback is there as well.

Petition - http://www.change.org/petitions/national-football-league-take-the-joe-flacco-signage-off-my-mile-high-stadium-and-get-it-out-of-my-mile-high-city?share_id=eIyuhzAscf&utm_campaign=twitter_link_action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

I wonder how these people would feel about losing a home game every year to Cheyenne, Wyoming. I realize we lose that game because we suck and apparently can't sell out hte stadium in December, but this is an example of what happens at the other end of the success spectrum. This is a high profile game. IMO, the second biggest game of the year. If the Giants make it to the Superbowl this year, does the NFL have to ignore the opposing team when "decorating" MetLife?

I wonder how these people would feel about losing a home game every year to Cheyenne, Wyoming. I realize we lose that game because we suck and apparently can't sell out hte stadium in December, but this is an example of what happens at the other end of the success spectrum. This is a high profile game. IMO, the second biggest game of the year. If the Giants make it to the Superbowl this year, does the NFL have to ignore the opposing team when "decorating" MetLife?

Apples and oranges. You know its a different situation.

its a tv production for nfl kickoff. a little obnoxious that the opposing team is featured, but are we really surprised that they would feature them? odds are the manning vs flacco tv shot will be used frequently.

What I find even more pathetic is the Broncos twitter team trying to defend the images. Really pathetic... I agree they wouldn't last in Buffalo, montain politeness might prevent action, but gotta believe if this happened in Chicago, charges would be brought against league and in Green Bay, cheese would be used to defame those images.

In New England, Craft wouldn't let it happen, but could you imaging the red headed drunken Irishman and the effect of green paint on this ill conceived pr idea I think a pr guy needs to be fired.

In New England, Craft wouldn't let it happen, but could you imaging the red headed drunken Irishman and the effect of green paint on this ill conceived pr idea I think a pr guy needs to be fired.

i think you underestimate the production that goes into the opening game. i was surprised myself when new orleans hosted it in 2010. we had parades (featuring both teams images), concerts in the quarter, stuff around the stadium - and in this case the superbowl team is going on the road which makes it even a little more strange to gameplan. its an event to honor the SB champion but its happening in another city.

tough balance.

Why isn't the game in Bal'more?

If I recall correctly, The Orioles and Ravens share a parking lot and the Orioles play that night. The O's turned down the chance to switch the game to the afternoon and the Ravens were concerned about parking and traffic issues.

Apples and oranges. You know its a different situation.

Not at all. This is the NFL opener, a leaguewide event. It just so happens to be hosted in Denver.

Also, it isn't like the NFL is bussing in Baltimore fans.

Edited by sodbuster

Ah, the NFL would 't come up with the bucks to make it happen and now they have egg on their face... what a joke. The NFL doesn't usually make mistakes like this... and people will forget about it except Denver fans who will believe they have been jilted and ensure they will be even more crazy in the mile high city on opening day.

Funny and pathetic at the same time...

Edited by North Buffalo1

And rightly so, imagine if the NFL put a Brady banner on RWS.....

http://denver.cbsloc...ners-in-denver/

Petition - http://www.change.or...=share_petition

if it was just Flacco I'd be pissed too, but it's no different than putting the pictures of the main event of the UFC up. I'd expect them to do it, don't know what Broncos fans are mad about.

if it was just Flacco I'd be pissed too, but it's no different than putting the pictures of the main event of the UFC up. I'd expect them to do it, don't know what Broncos fans are mad about.

There is no home field in a UFC fight. It looks pretty dumb having a game in Denver, that the Denver Broncos are playing in, in a stadium filled with Broncos fans, and then putting up a bunch of posters and promotional items of the other team.

There is no home field in a UFC fight. It looks pretty dumb having a game in Denver, that the Denver Broncos are playing in, in a stadium filled with Broncos fans, and then putting up a bunch of posters and promotional items of the other team.

Three questions:

1) Are the Broncos the only team playing in this game?

2) Do you think that there wont be any Ravens fans there?

3) Do these banner change, in any way, Broncos homefield advantage?

Three questions:

1) Are the Broncos the only team playing in this game?

2) Do you think that there wont be any Ravens fans there?

3) Do these banner change, in any way, Broncos homefield advantage?

It's a bad look. Let's just plaster a bunch of Brady and Pats stuff all over around the Ralph week one. Because after all, New England is playing and there will be Pats fans here. Sucks that Baltimore didn't get to open at home. But that's not Denver's fault. Who's benefit did they possibly think they were working towards when they came up with this idea?

It's a bad look. Let's just plaster a bunch of Brady and Pats stuff all over around the Ralph week one. Because after all, New England is playing and there will be Pats fans here. Sucks that Baltimore didn't get to open at home. But that's not Denver's fault. Who's benefit did they possibly think they were working towards when they came up with this idea?

Our opener isn't billed as a leaguewide event. The NFL wants this game to be comparable to the Super Bowl.

Our opener isn't billed as a leaguewide event. The NFL wants this game to be comparable to the Super Bowl.

Well it's not the Super Bowl. It's not being played on a neutral site. It's one of Denver's 8 home games. And it's not even like the game needs promotion in Denver. Broncos fans have been waiting for this rematch for 8 months. Nobody is going to be seeing those banners except people at the stadium, 98% of which will be Broncos fans. There's no reason to put Flacco on a banner in Denver. Use a Bronco, it's their stadium.

Not at all. This is the NFL opener, a leaguewide event. It just so happens to be hosted in Denver.

Also, it isn't like the NFL is bussing in Baltimore fans.

C'mon man, I mean really, you know there's a difference between the season opener and the Superbowl. Deep down you know this is apples and oranges. If it was the Superbowl, I would agree, its appropriate.

Difference here is that these UFC fighters don't fight for a specific region or city. They may come form a place, but I don't think people would have a problem with both fighters with a poster up of them in the home town of one of the fighters in the main event. That in itself is apples and oranges too. This is the first game of the regular season, not the Superbowl, its homefield, the fans should be allowed to have their say.

That Brady banner wouldn't last long at the Ralph

eggs, batteries, empty labatt cans/bottles, full labatt cans/bottles and human feces will probably be thrown at the banner...

It would then follow a drunken-slurring human ladder and/or pyramid to take it down..

Probably has already been said...this isn't a neutral field situation like the SB...apples and potatoes comparison. And this is the second biggest game of the year? Give it a little time to breath.

There aren't home teams for ufc events.

Probably has already been said...this isn't a neutral field situation like the SB...apples and potatoes comparison. And this is the second biggest game of the year? Give it a little time to breath.

Show me a regular season event with more pageantry surrounding it? Heck in the same year I attended the NFC championship game and season opener and though the championship was clearly more important the kickoff was a bigger spectacle. This is about kicking off the nfl season and the face off between two former superbowl Mvps on national TV. This isn't just another broncos home game - so while the Super Bowl comparison is extreme you surely see a difference, no?

Edited by NoSaint

Well it's not the Super Bowl.

It also isn't a "normal" regular season game. It is the symbolic beginning of the entire NFL regular season. The league does it up because it is indeed, to paraphrase our vice pres, a big farking deal.

If they rolled out a banner with images from that game, specifically manning getting picked off or that crazy td pass to jacoby jones, yeah, that would be problematic. But they are completely benign banners showing the players in even standing.

Why isn't the game in Bal'more?

there was a scheduling conflict with the Orioles. They play in Candem yards on thursday and refused to budge on the schedule of the game.

they could have postponed the baseball game from Thursday to a day/night on Saturday or they could have moved the NFL game to Wednesday.

Baltimore and the team they are playing are both traveling from out of town game on Wednesday to meet up on thursday so it would be hard to do a 3 pm game.

Baltimore teams share the lots as well as downtown employees---having 2 games would be a nightmare.

Ah, the NFL would 't come up with the bucks to make it happen and now they have egg on their face... what a joke. The NFL doesn't usually make mistakes like this... and people will forget about it except Denver fans who will believe they have been jilted and ensure they will be even more crazy in the mile high city on opening day.

Funny and pathetic at the same time...

how does thge NFl make this mistake? MLB schedule was released the end of last season before knowing who the super bowl champion was.

This is the NFl season kickoff game which is why both teams are displayed.

I don't barely know what you means with the first part but the Jets is the ones that has to worry about pictures on the stadium for Super Bowl. Don't worry though cuz I know how to take care of business.

it's still like a championship fight, so they need to get over themselves, besides it gets them all fired up making for a better atmosphere so it's a win-win for everyone.

C'mon man, I mean really, you know there's a difference between the season opener and the Superbowl. Deep down you know this is apples and oranges. If it was the Superbowl, I would agree, its appropriate.

Difference here is that these UFC fighters don't fight for a specific region or city. They may come form a place, but I don't think people would have a problem with both fighters with a poster up of them in the home town of one of the fighters in the main event. That in itself is apples and oranges too. This is the first game of the regular season, not the Superbowl, its homefield, the fans should be allowed to have their say.

many times they do, and its All of America if against a foreign fighter and no one freaks out about the "enemy's" poster.

I wouldn't be upset if Brady was on the Ralph if EJ was great and on it as well.

it's still like a championship fight, so they need to get over themselves, besides it gets them all fired up making for a better atmosphere so it's a win-win for everyone.

many times they do, and its All of America if against a foreign fighter and no one freaks out about the "enemy's" poster.

I wouldn't be upset if Brady was on the Ralph if EJ was great and on it as well.

The sentance after the one you highlighted, talks about how they may "come from" a certain area, but I dont think that would have any bearing on having both fighters on an arena. Its just different, and I know you know deep down that it is.

I guess I'm in the minority in that I feel that the Ravens were screwed far more than the Broncos in that they don't get to host the opener after winning the superbowl. They could have played the game on Wednesday to avoid conflicting with the O's. I can't imagine anyone would have been offended. As far as the Broncos go, they got to take the home opener over a team who beat them on the way to a championship. They can deal with the banner.