Thank you dad

KRT88

Great story, what we all strive to be - a good dad. My father is also why I'm a die hard Bills fan and he's getting up there in years he seems to remember those games in the 60's better than last season. We would always go to camp as a kid and it lit a fire that has never gone out. It's never a good time to lose a parent hang in there.

If I drank beer, I'd drink one for Ronald F. Theel.

I was living in California at the time of "The Comeback." My wife (now ex) came in when the score was 35-3 and tried to persuade me to take her shopping. Although I was miserable, I refused to budge. She asked, "Has any team ever come back from a score like that?" I wasn't definitively sure but grumbled, "No... but anything's possible." She responded with something like, "Well then, don't be stupid. You know they're going to lose so it's better to take me shopping."

I wish I had instead been able to watch the game in person with someone like your dad. You have great memories to treasure. May he rest in peace.

Sorry for your loss.

My father is also responsible for me being a Bills fan. First game I went to was at the Old Rock Pile, I remember that my father paid two kids to park in a driveway. When the game was over we went to get in the car and a very angry woman in her church clothes was yelling at my father for parking in her driveway. Kids didn't live there and were no where to be found.

If I drank beer, I'd drink one for Ronald F. Theel.

I was living in California at the time of "The Comeback." My wife (now ex) came in when the score was 35-3 and tried to persuade me to take her shopping. Although I was miserable, I refused to budge. She asked, "Has any team ever come back from a score like that?" I wasn't definitively sure but grumbled, "No... but anything's possible." She responded with something like, "Well then, don't be stupid. You know they're going to lose so it's better to take me shopping."

I wish I had instead been able to watch the game in person with someone like your dad. You have great memories to treasure. May he rest in peace.

Did you take her shopping? Or did you watch the full game?

My father, Ronald F. Theel, passed away tonight. He was a lifelong Bills fan.

He was at the 64' AFL title game and again he was at the 66" title game. On September 24, 1978, my father took me to my first Buffalo Bills games, a 24-10 win over the Baltimore Colts. I have been a die-hard ever since I doubt that will ever change.

Every year growing up my father made sure he took me to at least one game and he always wanted to be buried in a Buffalo Bills Super Bowl championship shirt. I wish that could have been fulfilled.

I remember waking up the morning of the Houston Wild Card Game and he complained about the game not being on TV, so we drove up to stadium and bought tickets from some guy off the streets. I wanted to leave at halftime when the Bills were losing 28-3, but he would have none of that. He never left games early. When it was 35-3, he said let's wait til the end of the quarter. Glad I listened to him on that one.

RIP dad and thank you

GO BILLS!

Awesome story! My condolences to you and your family.

Great story, what we all strive to be - a good dad. My father is also why I'm a die hard Bills fan and he's getting up there in years he seems to remember those games in the 60's better than last season.

This cracked me up, because I'm 54 and my Dad passed in 1975 after passing on the horrible addiction to the Bills (j/k). But I definitely have stronger, more vivid memories of games from 1968 and 1969 than I do the last few seasons. Even though the Bills sucked back then too, as a kid of 9-10 years old, those games are burned into my hard drive. !968 is still my favorite Bills sdeason because it was the first season that I was fully conscious of them, and followed every game and every play and have a scrap book to prove it.

Thank you for sharing this KRT. Very touching on a level we can all relate to. I am a new father myself, my little boy is 6 months old and I just had him sit in my lap and watch our first game of what I hope to be many together. Your story inspires me to try to forge memories like that with my son and cherish those that I have with my father.

Thank you