who are best teams in AFC?

Pete

Not saying it will not happen but that sounds horrible!

I kid. But if you are 30+ or older are you picturing the wretch franchises we grew up watching???

I am 32 and did see the Cardinals and Bucs each play in Super Bowls (as well as the Bengals, Panthers and Seahawks). Those are some pretty terrible franchises historically but I reall just think that they are the two most complete teams.

The honorary captains can be Dan McGwire and David Fulcher.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AFC is wide open this year and any number of teams could surprise.

As far as teams which people view as good who will backslide, I nominate the Houston Texans.

The biggest thing they have going for them is that they play in the NFL's weakest division.

However talent-wise they've treading water for years, they're led by a head coach and a quarterback who have a proven track record of not doing anything, and some of their biggest offensive stars are past their prime.

I am 32 and did see the Cardinals and Bucs each play in Super Bowls (as well as the Bengals, Panthers and Seahawks). Those are some pretty terrible franchises historically but I reall just think that they are the two most complete teams.

The honorary captains can be Dan McGwire and David Fulcher.

Haha!

Gotta go with Steve Largent man. For our age he was the Seahawk of the 80's. And get Ickey Woods for the Bengals! or Munoz!

I always remember the Bucs and Saints when i think 'Will the Bills ever win a SB?'.

AFC Teams for me-

Bengals

Pats

Broncos

Texans

Then to me you pick'em between-

Bills, Chiefs, Indy, Browns, Pitt, and Miami.

I really do believe the Bills will have a legit shot this year, IF the Bills can stay away from catastrophic injuries to key guys.

There is no unbeatable team right now to me in the AFC. Even in the NFC there is no crazy good team, today. NFC has better QB's overall. So they get the nod for better confrence.

I think we may see the Saints back in the SB this year. I have a funny feeling they are going to be ready to prove something.

AFC i guess i go with Pats for SB. I would love to see Marvin Lewis get one, he seems like a very likabe guy. It may happen.

Pats look old and decimated by injuries and departures- Welker, Hernandez.

IMO the NFC is far superior, and the AFC is wide open. I predict some newcomers in the AFC playoffs. Cleveland, Buffalo, and Cincy are my surprise picks. Pitt, San Diego, Baltimore, NE- they are all on downside IMO. It should be ripe for newcomers

agree with everything except cincy , most know they are poised.

I'm not one to be argumentative but better QB's?

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will go down as two of probably the best Qb's of all time in NFL History. I understand people want to annoint SF / SE / and mabe GB, but the AFC has been dominant over the last 14 years or so.

Think about the # of SB Wins by the AFC. Just add up Pitt (2), Balt (2), NE (3), Indy (1), vs. STL (1), GB (1), TB (1), NO (1). If you go farther you can add Den (2). Before that it was all NFC and get it.

No one coud have predicted the Baltimore win last year, but I'm not giving it to the NFC just yet. We'll see after the year if they really are dominant.

I think Houston will be the team to beat. The Bengals will be serious contenders as will the Broncos if Manning has another great year. The Pats are starting their slide and I think the Ravens lost too many good players in the offseason, but should still be tough. The door is open for some younger teams to step up.

Houston and Cincy are both held back by their QBs. They are competent guys, but they don't elevate their teams like they need to. Otherwise they are the best teams in the conference. I fully expect a regression in Indy.

Don't think the Bills are gonna be as good as you all think. We play 5 teams coming off their BYE week. Our secondary is suspect too.

Houston, Bmore, Cincy, Den & NE are locks.

KC, Indy, Pitt, Mia will fight for last spot.

Super sleeper...Cleveland

@Big Cat: your AFC "All your base are belong to us" was great. You sir have won the internets!

Edited by r00tabaga

Don't think the Bills are gonna be as good as you all think. We play 5 teams coming off their BYE week. Our secondary is suspect too.

@Big Cat: your AFC "All your base are belong to us" was great. You sir have won the internets!

I don't think Mia will have a chance...they have more weaknesses than we do. I'm looking forward to the Pitt/Cleveland face off toward the end of the season.

Lot of love for the bengals here.....not so sure I "get it"

Here's my short takes

Baltimore --- bad year coming....no wrs 7-9 coming up

Texans --- cream of the crop with NE/Denver.

Hopkins from clemson is that 2nd wr to help Andre Johnson is huge for Houston.

Buffalo and Cleveland both improve a ton this year.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I think Cleveland and buffalo will be the up and coming teams this year

I think indy and Baltimore had a lot of luck and things go their way last year (no pun intended) and will regress

The "teams coming off a bye = lock" thing is a myth. The best bet is to pick the better team. The 5 teams we play after their bye are, I think, are Jets, Jets, Miami, Cincy and Atlanta.

I think we went 1-3 in games vs. teams coming off byes last year. That wasn't because they came off byes, it was because we sucked.

If we are better, we will win 3 or more of those games .... Because we're the better team.

Go Bills!!!

to the OP:

First, what the hell does your SIG mean?

"War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength"

I hope its some sort of joke, or sarcasm that doesnt translate well to the written word.

Second, and to all of you, why is everybody SLOBBIN on the Bengals? Yes, they have some decent, and maybe previously overrated players, but in the NFL you still gotta have heart. And know how to win. And I've seen all 3 Hard Knocks episodes. I saw more heart from the Dolphags last year. (not that there's . . . .)

I loved Dalton pre-draft, and so far he is just a Game Manager ++. And I love the James Harrison signing. He's a man's man, but he's the only one on the team, with Geno Atkins as backup, and that's all they have.

So guys, why slob them so hard?

Here's my top 6 AFC teams, in order:

Denver (especially after Miller gets back)

NE (only, only because of that metrosexual QB)

Houston (but they will never win a playoff game with Schaub)

Ball-mer (and if you havent, you really should watch "The Wire")

Buffalo

Indy

---

Honorable mention: Cincy, . . . and that's about it.

Edited by maddenboy

to the OP:

I hope its some sort of joke, or sarcasm that doesnt translate well to the written word.

Second, and to all of you, why is everybody SLOBBIN on the Bengals? Yes, they have some decent, and maybe previously overrated players, but in the NFL you still gotta have heart. And know how to win. And I've seen all 3 Hard Knocks episodes. I saw more heart from the Dolphags last year. (not that there's . . . .)

I loved Dalton pre-draft, and so far he is just a Game Manager ++. And I love the James Harrison signing. He's a man's man, but he's the only one on the team, with Geno Atkins as backup, and that's all they have.

So guys, why slob them so hard?

Here's my top 6 AFC teams, in order:

Denver (especially after Miller gets back)

NE (only, only because of that metrosexual QB)

Houston (but they will never win a playoff game with Schaub)

Ball-mer (and if you havent, you really should watch "The Wire")

Buffalo

Indy

---

Honorable mention: Cincy, . . . and that's about it.

"War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength" Orwell 1984 just an fyi.

to the OP:

doublespeak from 1984

Bengals are most balanced team in the AFC and were the #1 rushing team in NFL. Seattle-Cincy Superbowl with the Bills making playoffs- that is my predicition.