who are best teams in AFC?

Pete

I hope everyone on this board that is predicting the Pats demise and the rise of our defense are correct. I have been overly optimistic the last few years and don't want to get my hopes up to only have them crushed.

People here have been predicting the Pats demise for years, but it hasn't happened yet and it won't happen this year. Brady will be just fine with his new WR group.

The Giants may have written the book on how to beat them, but to date only the Ravens have read it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the NFC is far superior, and the AFC is wide open. I predict some newcomers in the AFC playoffs. Cleveland, Buffalo, and Cincy are my surprise picks. Pitt, San Diego, Baltimore, NE- they are all on downside IMO. It should be ripe for newcomers

With all due respect, 2010 called and they just want everyone to know that San Diego hasn't really been that good for a little while.

People here have been predicting the Pats demise for years, but it hasn't happened yet and it won't happen this year. Brady will be just fine with his new WR group.

The Giants may have written the book on how to beat them, but to date only the Ravens have read it.

His knee, to me, is a bigger concern than his receivers. I've shared your sentiment every year up until now. While I think they are headed in the opposite direction as Buffalo, I still think - if Brady stays healthy - NE likely wins the division. But I don't think it's a runaway, by any means - and if Brady goes down, Buffalo takes it for fun.

With all due respect, 2010 called and they just want everyone to know that San Diego hasn't really been that good for a little while.

With all due respect, 2008 called and they just want everyone to know that the "so and so called" jokes stopped being funny in 2007.

The Broncos' defense will be nowhere near what it was last season without the ever present pass rush duo of Miller and Dumervil.

Plus isn't Denver down to their 3rd string center?? They are ripe for a fall.

San Diego has been junk for a few years now - not sure why people keep picking them to do anything.

IMO the NFC is far superior, and the AFC is wide open. I predict some newcomers in the AFC playoffs. Cleveland, Buffalo, and Cincy are my surprise picks. Pitt, San Diego, Baltimore, NE- they are all on downside IMO. It should be ripe for newcomers

I know most people will call me crazy or think I'm delusionally optimistic, but it wouldn't shock me at all if Buffalo pushes for the top record in the AFC, probably with Houston, Denver, Baltimore, maybe Cinci.

I think AFC East wil be:

1. Buffalo 10-6 to 13-3

2. New England 7-9 to 9-7

3. Miami 4-12 to 8-8

4. New York 1-15 to 5-11

The BIlls have just too much talent at this point to be ignored as a legitmate threat. Only coaches as bad as Wannstedt and Gailey (who I don't think is necessarily bad, just mediocre) could have a terrible year with this roster. I think this year things align: great coaching staff, high level of talent, solid plan of attack, somewhat weaker AFC overall.

With all due respect, 2008 called and they just want everyone to know that the "so and so called" jokes stopped being funny in 2007.

OK, I'm with you...San Diego hasn't really been a factor in the AFC since before 2010.

...Love the shout out to 2008, though!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Houston, Indy, Cincy, Denver could be very good this year.

KC has a talented roster, we'll see where it takes them.

You never know about the Steelers...

San Diego and LAR are never going to be good.

B'more, NE, Jets have peaked and are now trying to subsist on a shell of their former selves.

It's actually a very good time for the bills to have a young core that begins ascending to greatness.

OK, I'm with you...San Diego hasn't really been a factor in the AFC since before 2010.

...Love the shout out to 2008, though!

Thank you for taking that the right way and not going ballistic.

No way Baltimore is a playoff team this year. So-called experts just feel obligated to still pick them since they're reigning champs. Cincy will be the lone AFC North playoff team. Houston & Denver (maybe Cincy) are really are the only teams you can say will DEFINITELY have a better record than the Bills, barring injury.

LOL at the mention of San Diego, they'll be fighting with the Raiders, Jags, & Jets for the rights to draft Clowney.

Thank you for taking that the right way and not going ballistic.

Gugny, no way, brother. I hate when this or any board deteriorates into that...it's important to keep it loose.

:thumbsup:

BTW, just to add an observation to my earlier comment, how do you not feel sick if you are a San Diego Chargers fan that a good team for a few years was wasted?

Seriously, that stinks.

EDIT: Like if the Bills go 47-11 over the next 4 years, but are 1-4 in the playoffs...dang.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Gugny, no way, brother. I hate when this or any board deteriorates into that...it's important to keep it loose.

:thumbsup:

BTW, just to add an observation to my earlier comment, how do you not feel sick if you are a San Diego Chargers fan that a good team for a few years was wasted?

Seriously, that stinks.

Yeah, they win the underachievement award, for sure. I have to blame Norv. They had it all. QB, RB, Defense. Insane. Not as ball-breaking as losing 4 straight Super Bowls ... but bad, nonetheless.

Houston, I think, isn't that good. Schaub is beaten up, the defense has some significantly masked weak points, and Arian Foster/Andre Johnson have taken a great deal of wear and tear. They are a playoff team, but Denver is the class of a very weak conference.

My playoff picks:

AFC East: New England

AFC North: Cincinnati

AFC South: Houston

AFC West: Denver

Wild cards: Baltimore, Miami

I picked Cincy and Seattle in the Super Bowl so I will agree with those on the Bengals. They seem to be good everywhere and the AFC is down. NE, Denver and Houston all merit consideration but I feel like all of those teams are heading in the opposite direction.

We agree.

I picked Cincy and Seattle in the Super Bowl so I will agree with those on the Bengals. They seem to be good everywhere and the AFC is down. NE, Denver and Houston all merit consideration but I feel like all of those teams are heading in the opposite direction.

Not saying it will not happen but that sounds horrible!

I kid. But if you are 30+ or older are you picturing the wretch franchises we grew up watching???

His knee, to me, is a bigger concern than his receivers. I've shared your sentiment every year up until now. While I think they are headed in the opposite direction as Buffalo, I still think - if Brady stays healthy - NE likely wins the division. But I don't think it's a runaway, by any means - and if Brady goes down, Buffalo takes it for fun..

Yeah, full agreement there. They aren't a team going to the playoffs with a backup QB.