New Batman Cast.....Not a joke

Virgil

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get over it as long as it does wind up as a reboot Batman character and not the one from the Nolan-Bale trilogy. If they try to make this the same world as those movies, it is going to be a major mistake.

Wow. So much nerd-raging for this choice. Affleck is an accomplished actor and has been doing really well in his last few roles. Not only that, but like you, he's also a huge comic book nerd and knows the source material (The Dark Knight Returns from which this film will be based on) incredibly well.

In DKR, Batman is old and beaten down. I think Affleck can portray that.

I'll get over it as long as it does wind up as a reboot Batman character and not the one from the Nolan-Bale trilogy. If they try to make this the same world as those movies, it is going to be a major mistake.

They have already said that they will not be doing this as a continuation, the writer or director (can't remember who said it) has said that they have been reading through the Marvel Universe trying to figure out the direction they are going to go with it but it will be a different Batman. I also saw it written that its being considered a sequel to the Superman 'Man of Steel' Movie

Wow. So much nerd-raging for this choice. Affleck is an accomplished actor and has been doing really well in his last few roles. Not only that, but like you, he's also a huge comic book nerd and knows the source material (The Dark Knight Returns from which this film will be based on) incredibly well.

In DKR, Batman is old and beaten down. I think Affleck can portray that.

If they're looking to the Dark Knight Rises, it is going to be a very very loose version of it. That one is basically senior citizen Batman. This movie is going to be their first step towards the Justice League and they can't do that with an old, at the end of his career/life Batman. The articles I've read today said they were looking for a late 30s, early 40s age for Batman, so it will be very different.

They have already said that they will not be doing this as a continuation, the writer or director (can't remember who said it) has said that they have been reading through the Marvel Universe trying to figure out the direction they are going to go with it but it will be a different Batman. I also saw it written that its being considered a sequel to the Superman 'Man of Steel' Movie

They had the heavy rumors last week of Warner Brothers throwing a $50 million offer at Christian Bale. That alone if true give some support to the idea that they have considered it being the same world as the Nolan movies.