Manuel Update(Rumor)

I had a meniscus tear as well. I was told not to use cruches, and was back at work in less than two weeks. Strait back to static line parachuteing, and that's hell on a knee.

I have faith EJ plays game one.

I have had 3 surgeries on my Meniscus, the last one (second on the right knee) took a couple months to get back to full strength. But for the other 2 it was a matter of 2 to 3 weeks and that's without any PT. So with a professional staff, 2 to 3 week max to get back to normal.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I talked to the Doctor, and he said that EJ will be ready to play sometime in the future." ;)

"Coach, how is Mario's toe?!?"

I'm not a doctor, but did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

From the reports prior to and after the procedure, it seems more than likely E.J. Manuel's procedure was a PRP injection (link below). By now E.J.3 should be stretching and strengthening the knee and should be back on the field as early as next week.

http://www.hss.edu/condition-list_prp-injections.asp

Thanks! I know it's just idle speculation, but the wait is killing us.

Leadership has got to be high on the list. Maybe the first thing. If you don't have it, you're toast.

You're right forgot leadership.

I agree with this.

And how about the ability to read defenses? Which implies a wililngness to study film.

I think that comes under decision making.

I also noticed he got the "Most Promising Award" for Training Camp. I had to laugh, considering that means to me "He hasn't really done anything yet, but we think he might someday." As a QB, I think that is appropriate. It is the hardest position to play in the league, and he hasn't played his first game yet. Now the most impressive rookie was Goodwin and CJ as MVP. I concur!

You're comfortable saying Goodwin is the most impressive rookie, but not that EJ is most promising because he hasn't played a regular season game? Why doesn't it make you laugh for someone to say Goodwin is impressive? He "hasn't really done anything yet, but we think he might someday."

Edited by Triple Threat

You're comfortable saying Goodwin is the most impressive rookie, but not that EJ is most promising because he hasn't played a regular season game? Why doesn't it make you laugh for someone to say Goodwin is impressive? He "hasn't really done anything yet, but we think he might someday."

Quarterbacks in preseason run vanilla offenses; and face vanilla defenses. That's very different from the regular season. On the other hand, there isn't that much difference between returning a kickoff or punt in the preseason and returning one in the regular season.

On the other hand, there isn't that much difference between returning a kickoff or punt in the preseason and returning one in the regular season.

I would totally disagree with this. You got scrubs on kick coverage that haven't practice it very much. The one Goodwin ran back was either the 1st or 2nd one the Colts ran this year. Wait til teams get their kicking teams set and actually practice it together and then we'll see.

Edited by reddogblitz

Quarterbacks in preseason run vanilla offenses; and face vanilla defenses. That's very different from the regular season. On the other hand, there isn't that much difference between returning a kickoff or punt in the preseason and returning one in the regular season.

Ask the Indy and Minny coaches if they think the Bills played vanilla defense the last two weeks. Better yet, ask their QBs.

Also, I'd suggest that PRs and KRs are more intense during the preseason because these are players literally fighting for jobs.

Leadership has got to be high on the list. Maybe the first thing. If you don't have it, you're toast.

On the other hand, leadership means very little if the quarterback doesn't have the ability to be successful from a physical standpoint.

Take Fitz for instance. I think everyone would say that he was a good leader.

But great leaders first have to be great players or they lack credibility.

One of the most important reasons we went thirteen years without making the playoffs is because our GMs have been too shortsighted. Look at what we've had:

TD (first post-playoff era GM)

• In his first year, he used a 2nd round pick on a RB; even though Antowain Smith had plenty of gas left in the tank.
  • In his second year as GM, he traded away a first round pick for another team's aging backup QB.
  • In his third year as GM, he used a first round pick on a RB, despite the fact Travis Henry had gas left in the tank.
  • In his fourth year as GM, he allowed Antoine Winfield to go first-contract-and-out. TD chose to squander the Winfield money on Troy Vincent and Lawyer Milloy. To someone with a win-now mentality, two aging players are better than a Pro Bowl player at a premium position, entering the prime of his career.

Marv (second post-playoff era GM)

• In his first year as GM, he decided the Bills had to get better right away. That meant he was locked into the concept of using his first two draft picks on a DT and an SS. The result was that he squandered the 8th overall pick on Donte Whitner, before trading up later in the first round for the McCargo bust. Had Marv not been so focused on improving right away at those two positions; he could have had much better long-term players at other positions. Nick Mangold--the player Marv passed up to take McCargo--became the best center in the league. But Marv thought he was "all set" at center because of Melvin Fowler; whereas he correctly perceived a need at DT.
  • In his second year as GM, Marv used the 12th overall pick on yet another running back; despite the fact that Willis McGahee had plenty of gas left in the tank. RBs are a favorite pick of GMs looking to make a quick impact; because they are expected to significantly contribute as rookies.

Back when he was GM, Marv said that, "if you're building for the future, you're building for someone else's future." His moves as GM were consistent with that philosophy. That is why Marv's period as GM did not build any sort of future for the Bills.

I'm tired of quick fixes and Band Aid solutions. I'm tired of cardboard and duct tape. This team needs to be built the right way, even if it means building more slowly than a quick fix artist would build it. A long term blueprint is essential--far more important than short-term wins or losses. Once the team is built to spec, the wins will inevitably follow.

Amen! The Mike Williams debacle could not be foreseen as the Bills were debating between him and Bryant McKinney and decided on the former as the latter had 'attitude issues'. Oh, well. Swing and a miss. The one that really chaps my fanny is picking Whitner over Haloti Ngata. Grrrr.

Edited by Peace Frog

Considering we just picked up two QBs, I'm not as confident as this guy is.

Yep, it is not at all unusual for a "minor procedure" to ultimately end up being a major problem. Not saying that is the case here, but essentially putting "a QB Needed" listing on Craigslist - NFL is a good indication that EJ's minor procedure is not a trifling matter.

Yep, it is not at all unusual for a "minor procedure" to ultimately end up being a major problem. Not saying that is the case here, but essentially putting "a QB Needed" listing on Craigslist - NFL is a good indication that EJ's minor procedure is not a trifling matter.

Not necessarily--he may still be ready, but they just don't want to go into the season with no vet backup, which they'd be doing as of today absent signing Leinart and/or Lewis. May be a competition between those two this week for that job....

I wouldn't read much more into it at this point than the Bills needing to find a veteran replacement for Kolb, who is likely done, and that their plan was to have 3 QB's on the roster.

The more a timetable isn't presented for EJ's return, the more I think it's a bigger issue. We're looking at less than two weeks until the opener and we just picked up two more QBs who have mediocre "careers", don't know the offense, and haven't taken a snap with our first team yet. Tuel looked really poor vs WASH. Don't you think this would be the perfect time to allay any fears and put EJ's time table out there to the public? I honestly don't think Marrone is smoke screening New England by not providing a time table. There is a reason he hasn't released exactly what's wrong with him, and that reason is that if he did, medical professionals would weigh in on a time table that doesn't have EJ starting week 1, which is probably the case.

I wouldn't read much more into it at this point than the Bills needing to find a veteran replacement for Kolb, who is likely done, and that their plan was to have 3 QB's on the roster.

Also, they probably signed 2 more QB's for the last preseason game to see which of the 3 are the best fit before cutting one of them since EJ will be the started.