Rogers after two practice games

Beerball

If you "follow" the guy I was quoting you would understand.

The guy that you slighted is a friend of mine so yes, I follow him. He's a good poster and he links us with lots of good stuff out of wanting to contribute to the community.

You and he disagreed on an opinion and your response was an insult towards him.

If you want to start this, to quote Thurman, "It's on like a mofo"

So to clarify, is that a threat?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks SJBF, I really appreciate the support. The guy is just proving his lack of emotional maturity.

The guy that you slighted is a friend of mine so yes, I follow him. He's a good poster and he links us with lots of good stuff out of wanting to contribute to the community.

You and he disagreed on an opinion and your response was an insult towards him.

So to clarify, is that a threat?

Just another keyboard tough guy who merits no consideration with a ridiculous response like that.

There's no sneaking him anywhere. Teams are aware of his talent. He isn't a hidden gem, he's a troubled potential star.

I don't consider him "troubled." He had trouble a few years ago, he's been good for a year plus. And "potential star" is a pretty big label.

He's just a talented player (more than normal for an undrafted guy) looking to get a roster spot. Not much else yet. He's got more potential than most guys from this entire draft, but he's definitely got a long way to go.

Are you a journalist? Tim Graham?.... The guy who offered up his daughter because of the Merriman at the boarder thing? Inquiring minds....

id like to add (considering he's retired now) that the Merriman thing at the border was true. I know this for a fact. So many people here wanted to burn this guy at the stake for it. It was 100% true. Believe me or don't, I don't really care. But it was 100% no BS.

id like to add (considering he's retired now) that the Merriman thing at the border was true. I know this for a fact. So many people here wanted to burn this guy at the stake for it. It was 100% true. Believe me or don't, I don't really care. But it was 100% no BS.

Link? :lol:

Link? :lol:

believe me or don't. Look at the guy and his history of PEDs and try and talk yourself into believing he's not on (wasn't while he was playing) steroids.

There probably isn't more than a few dozen guys in the entirety of professional sports that are not on steroids. Any sport, any level of play, if your in a major pro sport, your probably on them.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Just had this on my mind and the topic came up.

Just another keyboard tough guy who merits no consideration with a ridiculous response like that.

I've had a good rapport with you up to this point. I'll let your big brain figure out where it deviated.

I laughed when people said he was better than Cordarrelle Paterson, We have plenty of athletic WRs, I'm tired of us holding onto guys with tons of potential that don't pan out. If it comes down to Kaufman or Rogers, Rogers can go, I want guys that can play even if they aren't "athletic".

There's no sneaking him anywhere. Teams are aware of his talent. He isn't a hidden gem, he's a troubled potential star.

then a team would of used a 6th or 7th round pick on him..

He probably is having a tough time with the playbook and the complexities of the pro game and needs to be on a practice squad

DDaryl - That is exactly what I was thinking. It seems like he isn't as prepared on the field, but this is just speculation. I have nothing to back that comment.

I'd like to see Easely with the 1's next week, and see how well he does against the Redskins 1's. If he performs then he is our best shot at wR for #6. I really don't want a problem child on our team unless he demonstrated he cleaned himself up like Vick in Philly, and has a dilligent work ethic. I have not heard that from the coaches so silence puzzles a person.

As to the banter, guys, don't get personal as it just demeans both of you. You both have interesting comments I enjoy reading, but hate when guys start taking personal attacks on each other. If you disagree on a player, coach, whatever, that's fine.

Anyway, hate to go Brady Bunch on everyone, just not worth talking about.

I see them keeping 7 WRs. I see SJ, TJ, Woods, Goodwin, and Easley as locks. So that leaves 2 from among Rogers, Hogan, and Kaufman. The question is, which one of those 3 will be easier to get onto the PS? I think Rogers, even though he hasn't played/been targeted a lot, has a lot of potential and will be snatched-up given 13 other teams were vying for his services post-draft. But Hogan and Kaufman have made plays in pre-season and might be lost if waived. If I had to choose, I'd waive Hogan and try to put him on the PS. Three other teams had him in for camp and waived him and while I think he looks great in camp, his work in games isn't noteworthy.

Why didn't he get drafted again?

I'm well aware of why he didn't get drafted. What off-field issues has he had since signing with the Bills? You seem to have hinted that he's been a problem here.

How about a little wager? If the Bills cut Rogers and another team picks him up, I win. If the Bills cut Rogers and he goes unclaimed, you win. Deal?

I'd like to see Easely with the 1's next week, and see how well he does against the Redskins 1's.

This^^^

All respect due to Flash who clearly looks like a special talent, I think Easley looks the part of an NFL #2 WR much more than Goodwin does...And I like to see what he does against a few #1 CB's...To my admittedly uneducated eye Easley looks like a beast...He looks like he's got some Anquan Boldin in him, only Easley is faster...I think he needs a a bigger opportunity, and what better time than the preseason to do it? B-)

I'd be surprised if Rogers makes this squad.

If he clears waivers, which he probably won't, then I'd expect him on the PS.

Paul Hamilton was saying on GR that he'd miss reps in practice because he wasn't paying attention. Maybe he's slow to mature, maybe he's just slow, but either way, if he can't focus well enough to take his reps in practice and he doesn't get reps in games, I don't see him fitting into their scheme at present and possibly ever.

Maybe he'll be a star in the league some day, I don't see it in this scheme. This looks like a really talented bunch of receivers - the Bills haven't had that in ~10 years. I don't see them keeping a true project on the active roster when they've got the opportunity to keep several other guys that could potentially step up as a reasonable starter this year and have potential to be true #2 quality guys next season.

I'd be surprised if Rogers makes this squad.

If he clears waivers, which he probably won't, then I'd expect him on the PS.

Paul Hamilton was saying on GR that he'd miss reps in practice because he wasn't paying attention. Maybe he's slow to mature, maybe he's just slow, but either way, if he can't focus well enough to take his reps in practice and he doesn't get reps in games, I don't see him fitting into their scheme at present and possibly ever.

Maybe he'll be a star in the league some day, I don't see it in this scheme. This looks like a really talented bunch of receivers - the Bills haven't had that in ~10 years. I don't see them keeping a true project on the active roster when they've got the opportunity to keep several other guys that could potentially step up as a reasonable starter this year and have potential to be true #2 quality guys next season.

You point is well taken...I don't think anyone here thought the Bills would have this much quality competition at WR...It certainly will make the decision to cut Rogers easier if in fact that's the way the Bills coaches want to go...

It's interesting because I wonder how much of Rogers struggles have to do with how ill-prepared he was for learning an NFL Offense...Especially one that demands you to think quickly at all times...He basically played one full year of big-time College football...I doubt the Offense at Tennessee Tech looked much like the one the Bills are running...And the competition was...well...It was Tennessee Tech...The WR position may very well be the toughest behind only QB to come in and contribute immediately in the NFL...Calvin Johnson is the best WR I've personally ever seen, and he only had 48 receptions and 756 yards as a Rookie...Even Jerry Rice fell short of 1000 yards as a Rookie...And the line of 1st round busts at WR is literally a mile long...I'm certain this has to be a consideration in ultimately deciding Rogers fate...

I still think he's got a 50/50 chance to make the roster because the top 5 looks pretty good, the 6th WR is going to be inactive on most Sunday's anyway, and the Bills should easily be able to slide a couple of the lesser known WR's down to the PS...But we'll see soon enough... B-)