Rogers after two practice games

Beerball

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got lots of press early, very little in the games so far. With WR's sitting out last night's game you'd think he would get more of an opportunity. My 100% speculation is that they are going to try to sneak him onto the practice squad so they're not giving him much of an opportunity in the games. Whatcha think, is this possible or does his practice play not warrant more game time? What do the folks who have watched some of the practices think?

Sneak him where, sneak him how, sneak him on the practice squad????????????????? Are you serious?? You think the Bills are the only team that saw this kid play in college? Let me put it this was. Do you think you could sneak a herd of charging Buffalo on a rampage through a china shop without breaking anything?? If you say yes, then yes there is a chance they could sneak him on the practice squad. I would say the odds of the two are pretty close to being the same.

Sneak him where, sneak him how, sneak him on the practice squad????????????????? Are you serious?? You think the Bills are the only team that saw this kid play in college? Let me put it this was. Do you think you could sneak a herd of charging Buffalo on a rampage through a china shop without breaking anything?? If you say yes, then yes there is a chance they could sneak him on the practice squad. I would say the odds of the two are pretty close to being the same.

A bit of advice for you...read a thread before responding.

Doubt it, The coaching staff sees these guys everyday. We'll just have to trust their judgement when it comes to who deserves a roster spot and who doesn't.

You underestimate the mentality of TBD.

This board always explodes when certain players get cut after preseason.

I'm thinking that the Bills are smart enough to not expose Rogers to waivers. The others are getting more game snaps because the coaches are looking for separation among the others and maybe showcasing them for potential trades.

I'm thinking they are smart nough not play him because he sux. Seriously there are always free agent stories that make you think some incredible gem has been found, but its crazy to construct these elaborate conspiracies around players that likely just aren't good enough to earn snaps.

I'm thinking they are smart nough not play him because he sux. Seriously there are always free agent stories that make you think some incredible gem has been found, but its crazy to construct these elaborate conspiracies around players that likely just aren't good enough to earn snaps.

Rarely are those players formerly 1st team all SEC WR's with the measurable's Rogers has, and a clean injury history...

It's all between the ears with Da'Rick...If it ever clicks he'll be special...if not then...You know...But at this point he's just a Rookie at one of the tougher positions to master in the NFL...To think he would be a clear standout at this point is a bit ridiculous if you ask me...Especially considering his rough ride in College...Which admittedly was completely Rogers fault...But anyway...I still think the kids upside is worth keeping him ahead of Brad Smith...The thing I did not account for was these other young WR's on the Bills Roster looking as good as they have...Including Easley who just looks like a beast out there... B-)

I'm thinking that you have no understanding that it was off the field issues that made him go undrafted vs the on the field talent he exhibited in the best conference in College Football.

I'm thinking that you have no understanding that it was off the field issues that made him go undrafted vs the on the field talent he exhibited in the best conference in College Football.

Im thinking that you fail to understand if he was so incredible, save the drug transgressions, he'd be earning playing time over the other rookies and practice squad caliber players he's competing against that are earning the looks from the QB.

There are hundreds if not thousands of these stories. The guy has proven nothing and certainly hasn't earned all of this plotting to retain him.

Im thinking that you fail to understand if he was so incredible, save the drug transgressions, he'd be earning playing time over the other rookies and practice squad caliber players he's competing against that are earning the looks from the QB.

There are hundreds if not thousands of these stories. The guy has proven nothing and certainly hasn't earned all of this plotting to retain him.

Thanks for sharing what Marrone and the rest of the coaches told you. :thumbsup:

Moulds took 3 years before he showed what he was, my thinking is they will find a way to develop a talent that may be as good or even better than Eric's, although with his history they might give it less time. I hope I don't hate them for cutting someone I like in favor of him (and I hope he isn't a cut/PS player either).

Thank you for sharing all of your copy and paste "news" stories. You'll be the last place I check for actual information.

Are you a journalist? Tim Graham?.... The guy who offered up his daughter because of the Merriman at the boarder thing? Inquiring minds....

Edited by bowery4