Phil Mickelson Drops by Bills Camp

Just heard Jim Nance commenting on the PGA coverage at Oak Hill that Phil stopped by Bills training camp and dazzled the players with his knowledge of Buffalo's roster...very cool!

Don't think he's been there yet this year. But he's my favorite golfer. He's no d-bag like tiger.

Don't think he's been there yet this year. But he's my favorite golfer. He's no d-bag like tiger.

HA.

i know several people who have met Phil personally, and I can assure you he is one of the "d-baggiest" athletes around.

tiger is aloof, sure, but figjam takes pretentious to a completely new level.

HA.

i know several people who have met Phil personally, and I can assure you he is one of the "d-baggiest" athletes around.

I think FIGJAM has grown up. He signs hours of autographs each tournament, participates in charity work and is a model citizen for kids to look up to. He is one of the all time greats of the game and is a treat to see him playing the way he is lately.

Is he a bills fan? If so I just became a fan of his

I remember him doing an interview a few years back out here is San Diego and he said he was a Bills fan...not sure if it was before one of the games against the Chargers or not.

HA.

Really, never met him or have an kind of insight but everythingI have read & heard has been nothing but positve when it comes to lefty & his wife. They said they are really down to earth kind people. Just goes to show you I guess the public really does not know what kind of people these athletes truly are.

HA.

Really, never met him or have an kind of insight but everythingI have read & heard has been nothing but positve when it comes to lefty & his wife. They said they are really down to earth kind people. Just goes to show you I guess the public really does not know what kind of people these athletes truly are.

Gotta love the internet, where one guy can claim to defame an otherwise very highly thought of individual. Maybe the people the poster claims met Phil "personally" were d-bags? Just sayin'

Can someone tell me if I'm imagining things?

Wasn't Payne Stewart a Bills fan?

For some reason I remember him wearing some Bills logoage on an occasion or two.

Not sure if he was a fan, but I did find this picture of him...

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/payne-stewart-putts-on-the-green-in-his-buffalo-bills-news-photo/84534254

Also found this book excerpt that mentions he wore Bills, Vikings, and Dolphins colors at one tournament...

http://books.google.com/books?id=bngCjwnBe-oC&pg=PA162&lpg=PA162&dq=payne+stewart+buffalo+bills&source=bl&ots=Y4sqRIF-pV&sig=Hmb8PHI5CqiPd8OJAjtirma8qRw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=9l8GUv2TG6bkyQHm3oHgAQ&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=payne%20stewart%20buffalo%20bills&f=false

Not sure if he was a fan, but I did find this picture of him...

http://www.gettyimag...-photo/84534254

Also found this book excerpt that mentions he wore Bills, Vikings, and Dolphins colors at one tournament...

http://books.google....o bills&f=false

I believe he did that for a lot of the "local" teams on the tour.

Thanks!

Too bad about Payne, btw.

Mostly I'm relieved that my memories were based on something that actually happened!