Tonight's Scrimmage (8/5)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to EJ interview...sounds like the first pick was "woods went outside, and i expected him to go inside, and that just means I have to do a better job of reading my receivers". And, "wood dropped one but that happens, and we went right back to him".

Perhaps the best thing about that interview, EJ did his best to take most of the blame and not let it go on his WR.

I'm OK with a rough start + rebound.

Thanks for all the updates. I was listening to Murph and it seemed like EJ slowly progressed through the day. Hope this trend continues. We need that O-line solidified and the protections sured up to get the rook comfortable.

Indeed. Come on, we didn't really think that a rookie QB was going to go through a season without rough patches, did we? Even Luck, RGIII and Wilson had their moments, and having EJ slowly increase his comfort level while Pettine throws the house at him sounds like we're on track for a progression for Week 1.

If Wanny underachieved as much as many of us suspect, our first team D may end up hurting a lot of peeps this year. Pettine doesn't play.

I agree...thinking we should easily be top half of NFL with top 10 potential depending on how fast they pick it up and how good Alonso is, which all signs point to him being a potential DRY candidate...

Indeed. Come on, we didn't really think that a rookie QB was going to go through a season without rough patches, did we? Even Luck, RGIII and Wilson had their moments, and having EJ slowly increase his comfort level while Pettine throws the house at him sounds like we're on track for a progression for Week 1.

Luck looked horrible to just average in a lot of games last year, especially in the first three quarters before flipping a switch it seemed in the 4th...including against us

Secondly, EJ or Kolb is not going to face defenses this talented and aggressive on a weekly basis...

Edited by matter2003

Listening to EJ interview...sounds like the first pick was "woods went outside, and i expected him to go inside, and that just means I have to do a better job of reading my receivers". And, "wood dropped one but that happens, and we went right back to him".

Perhaps the best thing about that interview, EJ did his best to take most of the blame and not let it go on his WR.

I don't give a rat's ass how EJ played in his first intra-squad scrimmage. I have no illusions that he's going to be anything other than a struggling rookie QB who will screw the pooch way more than anyone wants to see. But this kind of maturity he showed afterwards is priceless. And it's a far more desirable attribute at the moment. Every time I've heard this kid speak, he's been impressive. And his teammates are sure to respond. It's just not too big for the kid.

GO BILLS!!!

So you're expecting a rookie QB to have full control of audibles in his first two snaps of live professional ball ever? Okay. How many superbowls do you expect him to win this year?

How many can he get this year? :w00t:

P.S. thanks m r rags appreciate it! :thumbsup:

Edited by beerme1

I agree...thinking we should easily be top half of NFL with top 10 potential depending on how fast they pick it up and how good Alonso is, which all signs point to him being a potential DRY candidate...

That's why they play the games. because 31 other teams also think they all have signs pointing to having potential DRY & ORY candidates.They haven't even played a single pre-season game yet.

I'm a huge Kiko fan too.

Edited by Best Player Available

...Kolb gets cut before the season starts. Tuel is the backup. Bold?

well, I'd say that if Tuel plays like this in pre season games, even if its against 2nd and 3rd stringers, I would doubt Kolb can impress as much as he did today. He looked really good and very poised today. IMO.

Manuel didn't look so good tonight . He needs a lot of work . Tuel threw a few nice fairly deep passes .

Seemed like they gave out too many tickets as there were a lot of people standing . They would get up on the stairs and block the view of the scrimmage . They do a real nice job with the bus shuttle . Beautiful night for a practice !