Torell Troup Tweet

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, found money is someone already on your roster (in your pocket, in your closet, in your drawer) you're not counting on to contribute because you've virtually forgotten all about him.

Then lo and behold, he's a contributor on the final 53.

Easley would also be "found money."

I'll agree with your last paragraph John. I was just pointing out that stopping losses is not like "found money", no matter how one spins this.

If you can't luck into finding a dollar on the ground then finding a dime is better than finding a penny. Getting whatever you can get is better than having nothing in your pocket. At least you can buy a bubble gum. Another player who is on the questionable "salvageable" list is Easley. He also has been plagued with a stirng of injuries and health issues. I'm rooting for him but I'm not betting on him.

Edited by JohnC

I'll agree with your last paragraph John. I was just pointing out that stopping losses is not like "found money", no matter how one spins this.

The saying is meant to say that nothing is expected of him and if they get anything out of him, it's a bonus.

To me, found money is someone already on your roster (in your pocket, in your closet, in your drawer) you're not counting on to contribute because you've virtually forgotten all about him.

Then lo and behold, he's a contributor on the final 53.

Easley would also be "found money."

Exactly. Like everyone, I had high expectations for Troup and Easley, and if either contributes at all in 2013, they are certainly 'found money' by my definition at this point. And they "got paid" for the last few years because they got hurt trying to play in the NFL ... whether it happened in camp, pre-season, or game action does not matter at all. That's the way it works. Jeremy Maclin is about to "get paid" again - as he should.

Troup sure seems like a tough, hard-working dude who showed enough D-line ability to get selected in round two out of UCF. I do remember Gil Brandt saying something on Sirius NFL radio like "that guy there would play with two broken legs if you didn't take him off the field" shortly after he was selected by the Bills.

OK, now a back injury is a whole different animal, to be sure. But of course, the Nix-hindsighters can not stop themselves from chiming in to say "yeah but we could have had Gronk at that pick." This is not unlike like the drivel that lapdogs of ultimate fence-rider Jerry Sullivan like to spew ... "and why wouldn't you take Russell Wilson instead of TRADING UP for TJ Graham last year?", they often ask.

Then again, if they had only had the foresight to play their cards correctly back around the time Troup was selected, they could have probably already been named as an NFL GM by now - just like Ryan Grigson, David Caldwell, Tom Telesco, and Doug Whaley, right?

A found lottery ticket you previously bought but lost?

A lottery ticket cost me a dollar, with the potential to win hundreds of millions. Troup cost more than that. It's like spending hundred thousand on a fixer upper in a nice neighborhood and finding out it is a huge money pit and can't be sold for more than a fraction of what you spent on it. You wouldn't then say "hey, at least I got something for it".

The saying is meant to say that nothing is expected of him and if they get anything out of him, it's a bonus.

I know what it's meant to say. It's being misapplied here. They expected far more than "nothing" when they spent a 2nd round pick on him just 3 years ago. Anything positive they get from him will go towards paying off his cost.

If you can't luck into finding a dollar on the ground then finding a dime is better than finding a penny. Getting whatever you can get is better than having nothing in your pocket. At least you can by a bubble gum. Another player who is on the questionable "salvageable" list is Easley. He also has been plagued with a stirng of injuries and health issues. I'm rooting for him but I'm not betting on him.

If you lost a dollar and find a dime......anyway.

Easley was completely healthy last off-season and season. Health issues didn't prevent him form playing WR.

Have you played NFL football? If not, by your logic you shouldn't be on these boards.

(The argument that you can't have an opinion just because you don't have first-hand experience on the subject matter is old, beaten and false).

what is your point of reference in dealing with back pain ?

you can have an opinion on something you feel you know well-

I'm not a chef but I can tell you if a meal was good or bad

what is your point of reference in dealing with back pain ?

you can have an opinion on something you feel you know well-

I'm not a chef but I can tell you if a meal was good or bad

Good judgement is more often than not based upon experience. To state opinions if fine, but if one lacks the experience or knowledge and training on a specific subject as this, one should reconsider blurting them out. I have a degenerative disc between L4 and L5 that has on two occasions given me grief. The second time was debilitating. I had never felt pain like that in my life and I've been around quite a while. Thankfully I was responsive to therapy and my surgeon recommended against surgery at the time. It's been three years since and while I still have days where walking is difficult, they thankfully aren't too common. I have a checkup coming in a few months to check on it again, to see what it's condition is, etc. As for the analogy chosen, what tastes good to you may taste terrible to others, and conversely, others may love what you dislike. Again, opinion based.

A lottery ticket cost me a dollar, with the potential to win hundreds of millions. Troup cost more than that. It's like spending hundred thousand on a fixer upper in a nice neighborhood and finding out it is a huge money pit and can't be sold for more than a fraction of what you spent on it. You wouldn't then say "hey, at least I got something for it".

I know what it's meant to say. It's being misapplied here. They expected far more than "nothing" when they spent a 2nd round pick on him just 3 years ago. Anything positive they get from him will go towards paying off his cost.

If you lost a dollar and find a dime......anyway.

running out of topics to argue over, eh? it has been a long offseason....

I still have faith in Troupe. No real reason, just think to many jumped on the hate bandwagon from the get go and won't even give the guy a real shot.

He played on a very weak team his rookie year and struggled with injury last year in 2011 and all of 2012.

We know he is willing to bust ass, it comes down to how that back is really doing IMO. No reason not to root for the guy IMO

If you have ever hurt your back, you understand how disabling that can be. If you never have then you have no opinion

I think folk like myself in the medical profession would tend to disagree. We fully understand how damage to a vertebrae, disk, spinal cord etc can impact a patient.

For this, good for him. I hope he does well as a Bill and in football. But, this right here is something I will celebrate more then anything else right now.

Exactly.

Also speaks to the guys character i think.

Which hopefully can translate into something on the field. He has the size, and i think athleticism, he also will put in the work.

Lets hope his body holds up for him.

For this, good for him. I hope he does well as a Bill and in football. But, this right here is something I will celebrate more then anything else right now.

It's a shame when you think back to how many derogatory posts have been written about the guy, all because his body let him down shortly after being drafted. From what I can see he has always had a great attitude and work ethic, and never took anything for granted. The fact he used some of his time to complete his degree is a testament to his desire to see things through. Really hope he's able to put it together on the field, but if he isn't, it sounds as though he's got the mentality to be successful elsewhere.