Torell Troup Tweet

On the radio this morning saying he thought he would never get to play football again. At one point he couldn't even sit in a chair for 10 minutes. Appreciates the patience and help from the team and Buddy and family and girlfriend. Dr's told him he will never be 100% again but says he is as close as he will get and feels Torell Troup now and is coming off the ball well. I hope he makes it back just for the effort he has put in through rehab. I am absolutely shocked that he is even at this point.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the radio this morning saying he thought he would never get to play football again. At one point he couldn't even sit in a chair for 10 minutes. Appreciates the patience and help from the team and Buddy and family and girlfriend. Dr's told him he will never be 100% again but says he is as close as he will get and feels Torell Troup now and is coming off the ball well. I hope he makes it back just for the effort he has put in through rehab. I am absolutely shocked that he is even at this point.

The link is from the radio interview you referred to. It is an 8 minute interview. He and Easley are players I am rooting for.

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/79045139/8-5-bills-dt-torell-troup-with-an-update-on-his-health-and-how-he-feels-in-the-new-defensive-scheme.htm

Almost feel like this guy should hang it up. Why mess around with a back injury that will never be 100% ? call it a career and try to avoid life-long issues.

Almost feel like this guy should hang it up. Why mess around with a back injury that will never be 100% ? call it a career and try to avoid life-long issues.

I'm with you on this. I think Howard asked him something along those lines and his response was he has worked too hard to get back to this point to give up on it. I admire his commitment but he does have the rest of his life to live.

He made his decision and I hoep the best for him. I liked him form college and if he has any success at all now he will be proud.

I'm with you on this. I think Howard asked him something along those lines and his response was he has worked too hard to get back to this point to give up on it. I admire his commitment but he does have the rest of his life to live.

He made his decision and I hoep the best for him. I liked him form college and if he has any success at all now he will be proud.

I *really* hope he doesn't mess up the rest of his life. I admire the kid for battling to come back. And it'd be awesome if he produces for us... but really, none of this is at all important compared to being healthy so you don't burden your family for the rest of your life.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

I remember thinking last year that they waited too long to shut him down, for precisely this reason. From reading others' observations (didn't make it to camp), he was clearly not going to be a factor and the best outcome was IR, while the worst was a lifetime of potentially disabling pain (which may still be waiting for him).

kj

I had the same operation as Troup. Not sure what he's talking about. Maybe 7 months after my operations, I asked my doc what my limitations were? Mixed martial arts? Roller derby? He told me "Let your body be your guide." He went on to explain my spine will actually be as strong or stronger than before the way the two vertebrae were fused together, but obviously my flexibility will never be the same. From my understanding, he's not really risking life-long issues. I wonder, though, if the loss of flexibility effects his leverage?