Levitre having trouble with one of his knees

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty interesting that he wasn't able to participate fully in any of their workouts. I had no idea he had an injury, certainly not one severe enough to keep him from fully taking part in their workouts. Maybe so...

the injury was reported last year during the season. he played on it, so im guessing its more precautionary measures for a proven vet than a devastating injury.

It's interesting to me that they did try to re-sign Whitner and Poz but they didn't bother with Levitre.ree agency

Maybe that has something to do with the new coaching staff?

Or maybe it had to do with him really not wanting to be here and being intent on free agency.

Another possibility is that the Bills thought that they were closer to being a winner in 2011 than they believe they are now.

could be the other way around too.

Another possibility is that the Bills thought that they are closer to being a winner now than they believe they were in 2011.

Just saying...

I personally think the bills knew nothing about Levitre being hurt......and probably wasn't at the time they made their decision......

Guys like Byrd, Wood, and Spiller are going to need to get paid....Levitre was given a mint....they let him go.

Correction: he chose to go.

GO BILLS!!!

The Bills never really seemed that interested in signing Levitre. After watching them pay good money to the likes of Chris Kelsay partially because of his locker room presence, I was suspicious about the way they treated Levitre. I'm in the camp of people who think they had real concerns about the long term durability of his knee.

With one of his knees . Been sitting out of some OTAs . Sore and swelling.as reported by NFL network.

Man that seems like the Bills luck , spend all that money for a player then he gets hurt & has to sit out for a considerable period of time while taking wheel barrel loads of money to the bank , that sucks !!

Better the Titans than the Bills !!

The Bills I am sure keep records on the in season maintenance required for all their players between shots and "treatments" to their various body parts. Levitre was an undersized technician that was below average in the brawn department. I saw him get man handled enough to not feel heart broken about his departure for the money he got. I really am happy for him as a player to get that big payday. I also can't knock the Bills for not over pursuing him either. Hypothetically speaking of course, if there is a certain % difference in offer/ counter offer, there really is no point in going any further with the conversation. The Titans will be very interesting to watch in the run game. Chris Johnson will probably have a big year if that O-line stays healthy. Chance Warmack will be good one to watch.

Edited by RealityCheck

could be the other way around too.

Another possibility is that the Bills thought that they are closer to being a winner now than they believe they were in 2011.

Just saying...

I don't understand how this makes sense.

The Bills matching the Jax's offer to Poz but not offering a contract to Levitre can be interpreted as them thinking that they're closer to being a winner now than they were then?

I personally think the bills knew nothing about Levitre being hurt......and probably wasn't at the time they made their decision......

Guys like Byrd, Wood, and Spiller are going to need to get paid....Levitre was given a mint....they let him go.

It was a reported injury last season

Byrd would of left for big money if we didn't have a tag, just to be clear here.

You don't know that.... Other teams had a right to offer Byrd, at the cost of 2 firsts if he signed. But a team can also try to work a trade for less with the tagging team. We have no idea if anyone approached the Bills about this possibility, but if the rest of the league thinks as much of Byrd as he seems to think of himself, I think something would have leaked out...