Levitre having trouble with one of his knees

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what would we all be saying if the Bills paid Levitre $9M and found this out? Incompetent front office that doesn't do it's due diligence?

PTR

Fairly certain we'd be crusading on OBD with pitch folks. Circling the Wagons!

People can mention it without it being 'sour grapes'. He's a 49 million dollar guard who's greatest asset is mobility. The Bills were trying to sign him so they likely weren't too concerned with any injuries.

People can mention it without it being 'sour grapes'. He's a 49 million dollar guard who's greatest asset is mobility. The Bills were trying to sign him so they likely weren't too concerned with any injuries.

I agree that there were probably no injury concerns but just as a point of accuracy, the Bills never made an offer to Levitre did they?

I agree that there were probably no injury concerns but just as a point of accuracy, the Bills never made an offer to Levitre did they?

As I understood it, there was no 'official' offer because the numbers were too far apart. It also depends on what you mean by 'offer'. If you mean the Bills offered him a contract, then no. Levitre mentioned that they had talked with his agent.

As I understood it, there was no 'official' offer because the numbers were too far apart. It also depends on what you mean by 'offer'. If you mean the Bills offered him a contract, then no. Levitre mentioned that they had talked with his agent.

It's interesting to me that they did try to re-sign Whitner and Poz but they didn't bother with Levitre.

Maybe that has something to do with the new coaching staff?

It's interesting to me that they did try to re-sign Whitner and Poz but they didn't bother with Levitre.

Maybe that has something to do with the new coaching staff?

Or they said "hey what's your ballpark?" to all of them and levitre was far enough away not to put a formal agreement on his agents desk

Or they said "hey what's your ballpark?" to all of them and levitre was far enough away not to put a formal agreement on his agents desk

Possibly.

Supposedly the Bills matched Jacksonville's 6-year $42 million $15 guaranteed offer to Poz two years ago (which if there was not a regime bias) means they valued Poz more than they did Levitre, who got 6 years, $46 million with $10 million guaranteed.

Another possibility is that the Bills thought that they were closer to being a winner in 2011 than they believe they are now.

Possibly.

Supposedly the Bills matched Jacksonville's 6-year $42 million $15 guaranteed offer to Poz two years ago (which if there was not a regime bias) means they valued Poz more than they did Levitre, who got 6 years, $46 million with $10 million guaranteed.

Another possibility is that the Bills thought that they were closer to being a winner in 2011 than they believe they are now.

If they think they are similar skill of player (perhaps not unreasonable) then I could see them wanting a premium MLB more. Especially looking at out LBs, compared to our oline. Between wood and Glenn they might feel more comfortable taking a risk than they did between moats, torbor, ayodele, batten andra davis or whoever else we had before picking up Barnett

Also it could have to do with fit to new scheme.

Possibly.

Middle Linebacker != Guard