Are the Bills/Stevie gonna regret this photo posted on FB?

Again: Stevie showed up to a photo shoot wearing this ****. I'm not saying bb.com didn't !@#$ up, they did.

Maybe the name of his song was USS Fuhkmore. Then that would be an appropriate wardrobe for a photo shoot.

If it were a Buffalo Bills photo shoot for publicity than it would be inappropriate.

I dont think we know how, when or why that photo was taken.

But yes that is immature humor for a team leader, but not for a kid in their 20s. Which is the personal conflict all this young men face. They're expected to have a public profile of a retired IRS auditor but they're young studs with millions of dollars in disposable income.

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the name of his song was USS Fuhkmore. Then that would be an appropriate wardrobe for a photo shoot.

If it were a Buffalo Bills photo shoot for publicity than it would be inappropriate.

I dont think we know how, when or why that photo was taken.

But yes that is immature humor for a team leader, but not for a kid in their 20s. Which is the personal conflict all this young men face. They're expected to have a public profile of a retired IRS auditor but they're young studs with millions of dollars in disposable income.

When he retires @ 38, he'll still be a young stud with millions of dollars. **** can wait.

You raise a very valid point re: who commissioned the photo. I'll counter with: bb.com has plenty of photos of Stevie. For them to use one for which they don't have the rights (i.e. they didn't buy/set up) doesn't make a ton of sense. Right?

Has anyone figured out where this picture came from for sure?

That should play into a lot of the judging going on here. It could be from a magazine photo shoot and the shirt be something that he didn't purchase on his own. He was in an NFL issue of Maxim a year or so ago, maybe it was them or some other publication who gave him a rack of stupid clothing to try on for some promotional shots? If it was a publication of that sorts then the level of humor would kind of fit.

If he did the SI body issue naked would people be up in arms over someone re-posting those pics as a happy birthday?

Not defending him so much as just saying before people call out his maturity level maybe we should have all the facts.

Has anyone figured out where this picture came from for sure?

That should play into a lot of the judging going on here. It could be from a magazine photo shoot and the shirt be something that he didn't purchase on his own. He was in an NFL issue of Maxim a year or so ago, maybe it was them or some other publication who gave him a rack of stupid clothing to try on for some promotional shots? If it was a publication of that sorts then the level of humor would kind of fit.

If he did the SI body issue naked would people be up in arms over someone re-posting those pics as a happy birthday?

Not defending him so much as just saying before people call out his maturity level maybe we should have all the facts.

As I just mentioned: I don't think an entity like The BB would push a photo they didn't own/commission.

If they did, then yes. That's a double fire for the SM manager.

http://www.thegiantpeach.com/10deep-naval-s-s-buttoned-down-mens-shirt-khaki/

If anyone wants to pick one up :)

As long as our franchise QB dresses and acts properly I can be happy with Stevie having some fun. He has been working harder this year then ever before. Not like he isn't trying where it counts.

Edited by BuffaloFood

As I just mentioned: I don't think an entity like The BB would push a photo they didn't own/commission.

If they did, then yes. That's a double fire for the SM manager.

Maybe the league retains ownership of any publication photos as part of the agreement to let them use their employees to sell print?

Just a guess but it would make sense that they, being the league or the Bills, would have a huge repository of photos from all sorts of publications that they can pull from.... then again maybe it was SJ13's private stash.... either way it was stupid for BB to post it and Stevie's degree of stupidity is TBD.

Maybe the league retains ownership of any publication photos as part of the agreement to let them use their employees to sell print?

Just a guess but it would make sense that they, being the league or the Bills, would have a huge repository of photos from all sorts of publications that they can pull from.... then again maybe it was SJ13's private stash.... either way it was stupid for BB to post it and Stevie's degree of stupidity is TBD.

But ownership 9/10 belongs to the photographer and/or the commissioning body. That said, the Bills DO have a giant repository of Stevie pics. Strange, indeed.

Slow news day I suppose...

Happy Birthday Stevie.

Hahaha, lost in all of this.

A lot of miserable tight-asses on the board today! Come on! Lighten-up! It must be great to go through life so pious and sanctimonious!

Judging those who judge for judging. Look, I'll always root for the guy wearing our team's colors. Doesn't mean I have to like him though.

Equally interesting/disturbing is that the official Buffalo Bills Facebook presence chose to publish the photo.

This is worse.

Stevie wearing the shirt is fine to me, but the minute you attach it to anything with a Bills logo the NFL has a say.

He will (if he has not already) be apologizing for this too!

That statement was filled with contradictions. Sarcasm?

You are spot on about the contradictions part. It was not intended though. I wish I were that clever. Sometimes the bitter little troll comes out in me. I should have phrased it more like " How disappointing that a young man with so much talent is completely devoid of character. How unfortunate he didn't receive better parenting while young. " Edited by Dante

The photo is owned and was commissioned by the NFL.

The photo is from a set of portraits taken on March 6 of this year at the NFL Network studios.

Should've went with this one instead, I guess: stevie-johnson_pg_600.jpg

Video here: http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap2000000147547/Johnson-s-top-five-free-agent-receivers

Lol, I can tell from the responses most of you don't get "hood" humor...brash, in your face, "who can come up with the best saying and wear it" type stuff...

I grew up and work in the hood...this is a complete non issue...only surburban white people view this as an issue because they don't get it, imho...