Are the Bills/Stevie gonna regret this photo posted on FB?

Okay, part of me could have respected the shirt if the word f*#@ was spelled right. -But no, It belongs to Stevie so it must be written in ancient retard.

Listen up apologists, 90% of the posters on this board support Steve Johnson... We're fans, for crying out loud.

Is it asking too much for him to behave like a grownup every now and again?

Jim Kelly liked his blow. -It's bad, and I'm sure he's not proud of it. However, In the 80's and 90's coke gave you access to the best parties, the most influential people and the hottest women.

What has Stevie's silly behavior done for him, besides make it possible for fans to question his maturity.

This is one the strangest writings I have ever read. Jim liked his blow, so it's OK. Stevie's shirt is worse than blow and not OK. Also it's not written in "ancient retard", it's written so at first glance it looks like an actual ships name.

where am I going ?

#1- you say these players shouldn't act or be held to a standard any different than you or I.

the NFL SAYS: STANDARD OF CONDUCT

While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime.

#2- the name FUHKMORE easily qualifies as profanity.

#3- 90% of Stevie Johnson is great. this discussion is about the other 10%. while Stevie and his buddies are probably having a good laugh over all this. it would not be surprising if one Buffalo Bill Social Media person is out of a job for not noticing Stevie's humor.

#1 - I was directly responding to your copy and paste of league policy. Those sections you copy and pasted had nothing to do with Stevie's situation. He broke none of those rules. Thats why I asked where you were going with it.

#2 - Even the section you just posted above says "conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful." Stevie didn't act irresponsbile. He didn't purge the value upon which the league is based and he didn't break any laws. So i'm not sure what that has to do with Stevie either.

#3 - That's ridiculous.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an objective list of things he's done that are childish. End of story.

I'd prefer our "stars," our "team leaders" to act like men. I cast no judgement on the humor/entertainment value of any of the aforementioned (I actually thought the minuteman solute was laugh out loud funny).

So only if the humor appeals to you is it OKAY. Got ya.

I'm not alone in this opinion.

If the NFL was worried about children, they wouldn't allow advertisements where the woman are half naked and fighting in mud and water. They wouldn't allow halftime acts where entertainers make very sexual gestures. They would ask that the cheerleaders wear more modest clothing. Kids are far more apt to notice THOSE things than "FUHKMORE" on a shirt.

Secondly, the Bills allowed it to be taken and posted. So I doubt it embarrasses them. I further doubt it embarrasses the NFL.

Sort of a silly thing to say considering that a large amount of HOFers were (are) drug addicts, wife beaters, murderers...

To say you can't take him seriously as a man because of a shirt he wears says more about you than it does about him. It shows you can't look past appearances to judge a persons character and rely on only what you see. That's unfortunate.

That ^^ Why is this still even being debated? I am out.

Did anyone else read this as coke was okay bc it got Jim into parties and Stevie's shirt isn't bc it does nothing for him? Please tell me I'm reading this wrong!

Your'e reading this wrong!

I could only underline the word "bad" once on my keyboard, but next time I'll do it bold so you don't mistake it for the word "okay" :lol:

My point was that as bad as Jim doing coke was, -It was the 80's... A time where you could see a fuzzy objective in doing lines, apart from the self destructive aspects. Worse case scenario, the guy had a problem.

I simply cannot see the driving force behind any of Stevie's shenanigans. They make him look silly, and they hurt his team on the field. -I could understand it if he had a dependency... There's help for that.

I get that you think it's just a shirt. However to me, It's the latest stitch in what appears to be a pattern of thoughtlesss behavior by Steve Johnson. -That's all I've got. The season's right around the corner, and we'll all get a chance to see how ready Stevie is to lead this young WR corp.

Well isn't that the crazy part? Stevie is from what we know a monogamous family man. He may like big butt (cakes), but he is not out causing trouble or potentially doing harm to his body.

He's wearing a silly t-shirt.

Bruce Smith was driving drunk, he did blow and he skipped training camp half the time.

I have raised this before but I get slapped down by those who know better.

If our favorite dudes from the Super Bowl years had been held to 21st century Internet scrutiny, we would have hated just about everyone besides Don Beebe, Metzelaars and Reich, and some people would have hated those guys for being too straight and narrow.

I think as good a question is: aside from the on-field stuff that he has dialed back, what harm has Stevie's silly behavior caused? Unless you are really big on brand maintenance and PR (which I thought everybody hated Russ Brandon for), he's actually pretty good for the team because he lets people know the Bills are around.

Hopefully he will continue to be his fun-loving self while the Bills make a playoff run.

That, or they might've held themselves to a higher standard and got rings.

Or melted down epically - we really don't know

As for the "retard" thing, they exist whether you find it socially acceptable or not.. (See TV show "Bait Car") -FWIW, I'd never use the word to describe, or make fun, of someone who was actually mentally retarded.

...so then you admit the definition of "socially acceptable" is a sliding, subjective scale containing many shades of gray. Or should all of society draw the same line as you in acceptable use of the term "retard."

What's the big deal? Anyone can buy the same exact shirt for $80. People overreact to absolutely everything these days. It's just a shirt. Geez.

Agreed. People have too much time apart and now they are analyzing the mans shirt. Smh. In don't care if he is a 1 or 2 we because he produces 1000 yard seasons. He is being true to himself and not the should and oughts of a bills message board. If he wasn't on the team we wouldn't have ANYONE doing national interviews regularly. Some stuff he says is over board I agree but the guy is not in serious trouble with the law.